• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Czechs are ripping Italy apart early on in terms of getting it down towards their attacking third but no real threat in terms of actually scoring.

Edit: As I say that, they almost score off a header via FK (player was offside but I don't think they called it). Nice reaction save by Gigi.

shortyme

I was a little overboard apparently. It depends on the area -- usually a flat rate plus mileage it seems. $1,000+ is not uncommon but a few grand is incorrect.

$50 for an ambulance in Canada. Everything else is free as long as you've got your health card.

Nah I meant the cost! Taking an ambulance in the US means you get a bill for a grand or more.

Oh. I got some insurance card in my pocket, so whatever hospital gets to me they will just send the bill to the Danish state.
iXAxO6sN167w.png

Kozak

Banned
Nah I meant the cost! Taking an ambulance in the US means you get a bill for a grand or more.

Wow.

So if the ambulance comes and you tell them that you've changed your mind because you don't have the money to pay the bill do they just leave you there to die?

Meier

Abate almost with a lovely OG! Gigi was flatfooted.

Wow.

So if the ambulance comes and you tell them that you've changed your mind because you don't have the money to pay the bill do they just leave you there to die?

If you're truly in a life-threatening situation, they'd just take you and you'd have to deal with figuring out the cost later. Sometimes people who can't afford treatment have their care paid for by donors, etc.

Wilbur

Banned
A GRAND FOR AN AMBULANCE

I'D RATHER FUCKING DIE

Some good football on tonight. Gonna watch Portugal vs Russia and Argentina vs Colombia methinks

A GRAND FOR AN AMBULANCE

I'D RATHER FUCKING DIE

Some good football on tonight. Gonna watch Portugal vs Russia and Argentina vs Colombia methinks

My bro ratcheted up $200,000 of healthcare bills when he was in a bad car crash on an island off the coast of Miami. Admittedly that did involve a helicopter.

Koko

Banned
Hope there's a video of how they announced the lineups for the Czech Republic vs. Italy. They use little kids and as they were announcing them the kids ran to the position of their player.

It was really cute

Linius

With my history of hospital visits I'm glad I don't live in the US. My parents would have been very poor people by now :lol

Also guys, did you notice there's a chat and comment function in the spreadsheet? Let's use that for suggestions and personal stuff.

Portugal: Patricio; Pereira, Neto, Alves, Coentrão; Meireles, Veloso, Moutinho; Vieirinha, Postiga, C. Ronaldo

Russia: Akinfeev, Anyukov, Ignashevich, V. Berezutsky, Zhirkov, Denisov, Shirokov, Faizulin, Kombarov, Bystrov, Kerzhakov.

BigBoss

My dad got charged $850 for an ambulance rde to a hospital thats less than 2 miles away, insurance covered most of it but he still had to pay over $100, shit is fucked up in the states.

Wilbur

Banned
Portugal: Patricio; Pereira, Neto, Alves, Coentrão; Meireles, Veloso, Moutinho; Vieirinha, Postiga, C. Ronaldo

Russia: Akinfeev, Anyukov, Ignashevich, V. Berezutsky, Zhirkov, Denisov, Shirokov, Faizulin, Kombarov, Bystrov, Kerzhakov.

For all the reputation Portugal have as a good team... they really only have two or three class players in that side.

Slizz

Lol I cut my hand open on a broken glass while working at a restaurant. I clearly needed stitches, they asked me if they should call an ambulance and I said no fucking way. Regardless of workers comp and insurance(work health insurance) they do not pay for that ambulance ride. Had my co-worker with no license(only person who could take me at my place of employment) and drove me 15 minutes to the ER closest to my house. 12 stitches, no infection all good.

Just the way it is here...

If you haven't read the books yet, it's probably good you were out of commission for a little while and able to avoid spoilers.
I see what you're getting at but I decided to spoil myself already at the end of season 2 by reading the wikis of the characters because there's no way some dick is going to ruin all of it. I'd rather do it myself. But since it's over a year I barely remember any of it. I do think I know what's going to happen in this episode though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom