• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

137030429143.gif

I'll revise that, sports information is literally the other component of my Twitter usage. Females and sports, then maybe some musicians.

So Madrid is really going to pay 90m for Bale if Twitter is to be believed. Unreal.

My buddy was saying this last week. I couldn't believe it then and refuse to believe it until I see Diddy Kong holding up that Madrid kit.

Clegg

So Madrid is really going to pay 90m for Bale if Twitter is to be believed. Unreal.

That rumour has been debunked afaik.

It originated from the same guy who said Terry was nailed on to sign for Valencia last summer.

His twitter bio also says that he's a licensed "FIFA agent." But FIFA haven't had any licensed agents since 2001.

The Times was running that story on Sunday.

I personnaly thoughtit was all PR talk from Perez to get re-elected.

Remember, Perez doesn't have to make big claims to get elected because he was the only person who entered the election race and unsurprisingly won. Therefore you need not expect some vainglorious transfer signing from RM this year on the basis of elections alone.

Walshy

Remember, Perez doesn't have to make big claims to get elected because he was the only person who entered the election race and unsurprisingly won. Therefore you need not expect some vainglorious transfer signing from RM this year on the basis of elections alone.
Ah, didn't realise that. Just knew that he was campaigning to be re-elected.

Still, I do find it hilarious that it seems like Perez never learns that spunking loads of money on super talented players doesn't mean you will get a Champions League winning team. It's like he learnt nothing from the Galactico era.

DominoKid

well they have to counter the Neymar hype...

that'd be the Madrid thing to do.

Wilbur

Banned
You went right to the core with that one Wilbz.

He's just a turkey; while FM isn't the cum dripping salvation of modern football that Meier believes it to be, it has its uses when it comes to making people aware of footballers outside the Premier League and youngsters. Just the fact he had such vitriol whilst also bumming himself into oblivion over the fact he watches the Albanian league or some shit meant i just HAD TO

Barcelona ruined Sanchez.

He's got a fair amount of his form back recently hasn't he?

I'd rather have Bale.

Ah, didn't realise that. Just knew that he was campaigning to be re-elected.

Still, I do find it hilarious that it seems like Perez never learns that spunking loads of money on super talented players doesn't mean you will get a Champions League winning team. It's like he learnt nothing from the Galactico era.

The trouble is (and my recollection is a little bit hazy here so correct me if I'm wrong) they won a lot with the Galacticos including the CL, so why wouldn't he try and emulate that formula again?

FootballFan

He's just a turkey; while FM isn't the cum dripping salvation of modern football that Meier believes it to be, it has its uses when it comes to making people aware of footballers outside the Premier League and youngsters. Just the fact he had such vitriol whilst also bumming himself into oblivion over the fact he watches the Albanian league or some shit meant i just HAD TO

He's got a fair amount of his form back recently hasn't he?

Yep, there is a reason we aren't selling him. He has had good run of games at times and is still young. I believe in Sanchez.

South American front line of Neymar - Messi - Sanchez will be amazing.

Clegg

That's the same guy that said he would delete his account if M'vila wasn't an Arsenal player. Don't believe his shit.

Really? Ah well.

BTW Ronaldo had a presser today and said he hopes a deal between himself and Madrid can be sorted out.

And with that the Ultimate Muppet Dream dies.

:(

I don't think they did. Off the top of my head, they won 2001/02 CL, 02/03 La Liga

Fair enough. Although I wonder whether even with all that expenditure they don't consider that a success overall. It's not like they don't get an exorbitant amount of income each year.

Put another way, if Perez thought it an untenable strategy he wouldn't have tried it twice.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
México vs Panama: Corona, Meza, Rodríguez, Moreno, Salcido, Zavala, Torrado, Guardado, Aquino, Dos Santos and Chicharito

About what everyone was expecting. Thank God Barrera was benched.

Always makes me laugh when United fans think Ronaldo would go back...like he actually gives a fuck about the club. Of course he doesn't. He'd rather go to City or Cheldea if they paid more.

México vs Panama: Corona, Meza, Rodríguez, Moreno, Salcido, Zavala, Torrado, Guardado, Aquino, Dos Santos and Chicharito

About what everyone was expecting. Thank God Barrera was benched.

How does Torrado keep playing? :lol

And Maza and Salcido need to go. They will be 1 year older during the World cup and Reyes/Mier/Nilo will be older. Give them the experience now.

Always makes me laugh when United fans think Ronaldo would go back...like he actually gives a fuck about the club. Of course he doesn't. He'd rather go to City or Cheldea if they paid more.

I hope other United bros are joking with the Ronaldo transfer. Everyone knows he's staying at Madrid.

Back from work

Game was so so in the second half. Ref was bad. Was told that the offsides are close calls. Dat coke money

One point in bs as is good. Fuck it

Walshy

The trouble is (and my recollection is a little bit hazy here so correct me if I'm wrong) they won a lot with the Galacticos, so why wouldn't he try and emulate that formula again?
They didn't win that much. If you consider Ronaldo joined in 2002, all he won was one league title, a spanish super cup and club world cup, all in his first season. From the 6 years Perez was president they won the league twice. If you consider that Valencia won the league twice in that period as did Barcelona. Hell, even Depor won the league in 2000. Barcelona were pretty poor at the start of the decade aswell.

There was lots of flaws in the formula. The fact they didnt buy any decent defenders being one of them. They failed to replace Makalele (even though Makalele was just a poor mans Redondo). They had an unwillingness to promote any sort of youth players, when you consider that the likes of Mata and Negredo were part of the Madrid youth sides its mind boggling that they didnt play them. They also played a lot of players on reputation rather than form, which if Ancelotti comes in, you can see that happening again.

Caturro

Vidal FINALLY playing for Chile like he plays for Juventus. Who knew the answer was to play him in the position he actually plays for Juve? Dumb Borghi. Glad to have Sampaoli at the helm now, he's like a less naive Bielsa.

Scum

--------------- Benteke ----------------
Bale --------- Kagawa ------- C. Ronaldo
------ Dembele ----- Sandro ------
L.Shaw -- Vertoghen -- Kaboul -- Walker
----------------- Lloris -------------------

Europa League Winners - 2013/2014
AVB - Manager of the Year

--------------- Benteke ----------------
Bale --------- Kagawa ------- C. Ronaldo
------ Dembele ----- Sandro ------
L.Shaw -- Vertoghen -- Kaboul -- Walker
----------------- Lloris -------------------

Europa League Winners - 2013/2014
AVB - Manager of the Year

Why do you have Shinji there?

j8vv6rGUDSKFD_e.jpg

Clegg

Having just watched Johnny Marr on the Jools Holland Show I'm pretty confident in saying he is what made the Smiths a great band.

vs Spartak defenders. Even Sviatoslav could do that.

None of those were Spartak players. And Ronaldo was shit in that game anyway. Although he did earn the free kick on which Portugal scored on with a pathetic dive. So I guess there's that. The only Spartak player in the game(Kombarov) did let fucking Helder Postiga score though!

Edit: And I definitely could outrun all those Russian defenders! I was quite decent at track and field in my younger days.

qindarka

Banned
I mean seriously, could we start the mocking after the deal is done which I very much doubt instead of choosing to believe the media which we know is full of rubbish.

I will stick my neck out and say that I think Chelsea will keep De Bruyne as well.

That would be pretty boring.

But it would be more honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom