• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that Papa story true btw, about his back injury reccurance?

Redcafe redesign. Downgrade from the way it was, similar to when RAWK reorganised its sections.

Plasma

Banned
And what the hell at Robson. Whines endlessly about Wenger not having any money to spend and now that we have money to spend says Wenger would only waste it. Who does this cunt think he is?

Still bitter that he got sacked by us when he was doing the commentary for games on Arsenal Player.

FAO Freewheelin', up for playing FC3 at 7pm? England match should end just before. Others are welcome to join us :)

Looking forward to Zaha being back in the England team. At least he's exciting to watch unlike the lump in the box and the Heskey/Bramble crossbreed on the left wing.

Blablurn

BMKbIgXCUAAUkGq.jpg:large

Zabojnik

Arsenal-GAF, is no one excited for Higuain? Various sources reporting it's a done deal. 25M€ transfer fee, 7.5M€ salary. The source appears to be the Mirror tough, so ...

phaze

Arsenal-GAF, is no one excited for Higuain? Various sources reporting it's a done deal. 25M€ transfer fee, 7.5M€ salary. The source appears to be the Mirror tough, so ...

Welp Time to edit my post history.

Higuain is a slightly better version of Giroud and will flop, especially at Arsenal. Bookmark this post.

We won't pay this kind of wages anyway

if Higuain moved to a team that fit his style, he'd score 25+ next season, and I think he still probaby will at Arsenal. Arsenal are the last team in the PL though to put much stock in hopeful passes into the box, while Higuain is one of the best in the business at anticipating the loose balls that result from those kinds of passes.

DominoKid

Higuain is so underrated around the interwebs from what I've seen. He's a great striker. Good with his feet, threatening from about 30 yards out and he can come up w/ some clever finishes. The only real knock I'd throw on his game is that he can screw up some easy ass chances at crucial moments. I think he's about to prove a lot of people foolish.

fuenf

The lack of football / exciting Bundesliga transfers is frusrating :( I just caught myself reading up on Bayern-Gossip...

Lightning

Banned
I'm extremely excited for it but want to save being too happy until after confirmatiion. Too many letdowns on supposedly close deals in the past.

Higuain relies on other players. Anybody can look good poaching goals when you're playing alongside the best. He can't be a star on his own.

Its funny how people say this, but those same people whinge about everyone except for Ronaldo and Ozil among the front 6

(not necessarily you)

Welcome, not seen you around these here parts before. I've misplaced my banjo, so we'll skip straight to the forced bumming if it's all the same to you.

So, Leitner will be loaned out to Stuttgart for two years. Very good deal for all sides I think. Leitner can play two full seasons, Stuttgart has a great player for two years and we'll (hopefully) get a better Leitner back.

Now bring on de Bruyne!

L1NETT

Andrew Davies signs! #championship quality

Davies, who played his part in City's promotion-winning victory over Northampton Town in last month's League 2 Play-Off Final, has penned a fresh two-year contract with the Bantams.

Its funny how people say this, but those same people whinge about everyone except for Ronaldo and Ozil among the front 6

(not necessarily you)

Welcome, not seen you around these here parts before. I've misplaced my banjo, so we'll skip straight to the forced bumming if it's all the same to you.

Been following forever, never had much to post about but I guess I'm here now. Also a fiend on FIFA games if anyone here plays.

Been following forever, never had much to post about but I guess I'm here now. Also a fiend on FIFA games if anyone here plays.

A Madrid-supporting FIFA-lover?

What comes next, the rivers of blood or the swarm of locusts?

Did Evilore converse with anybody before moving all those threads into Community? It's killed the funny picture thread, which was perfect for me as someone who was petrified of Reddit

Lightning

Banned
Higuain relies on other players. Anybody can look good poaching goals when you're playing alongside the best. He can't be a star on his own.
Alongside the best designed to get the best out of Ronaldo not him. If Arsenal can get Giroud to do decent stats 17 goals, 11 assists then we can get goals out of Higuain as well.

I have seen Higuain score some absolute godly goals. A string of games, Cazorla and co feeding balls through, Wenger can get goals out of Higgy.

Not going to get excited until he's confirmed an Arsenal player but if he comes he will do excellent. We don't do hopeful balls into the box but Wenger wil have a plan for Higgy should he come and I've seen plenty of him to know he's definitely good enough to lead Arsenal.

whoa whoa I never said I supported madrid. I also don't love FIFA but I have to play it. Ultimate Team makes me fucking sick with all the bullshit scripting but I can't stop playing.

Who do you support then? If you say Man Utd I'm gonna have to log into my Mumei account and wield the hammer :p

What do you call a gramatically dense Belgian?

Blablurn

Soooo, I have a question. Can someone cut out Robben (the player in red) for me, fix the size and make the background invisible? So basically only see him kneeing down and celebrating in the avatar? nothing else in the background.

uefa-champions-leaguepqy0n.jpg

That would be awesome!!!!! Thanks in advance!!

bjaelke

Might as well support Liverpool then. Watch Coutinho play* and you'll have YNWA tattooed on your knuckles in no time.

*The word 'play' doesn't do justice to what Coutinho does.

coutinho-skill-o.gif

Now imagine that as part of the next "Coutinho | Ballon d'Or? He wants more | HD 1080P" Youtube reel.

Bumhead

Banned
I'm working today. Apparently there's an EDL march in the town centre today so I'm going to try and avoid that.

We seem to be linked with taking Connor Wickham back on loan from Sunderland though for next season which I'm happy about.

fuenf

Soooo, I have a question. Can someone cut out Robben (the player in red) for me, fix the size and make the background invisible? So basically only see him kneeing down and celebrating in the avatar? nothing else in the background.

uefa-champions-leaguepqy0n.jpg

That would be awesome!!!!! Thanks in advance!!

EE6pM9K.png

An Exam in the afternoon is the worst thing ever.

I'm basically sitting here for 2 hours waiting for it to start lol :(

Best of Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom