• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Are Newcastle really going to have to sell their only striker because they made a dumb choice for shirt sponsor?

Clegg

Hergreaves wasn't brilliant at United imo. He was decent when he was fit but I remember him having some rather of poor games in the middle. His best game for us on the right side of midfield against Arsenal.

A 2007 model of Hargreaves would definitely start for us though. He'd be a good partner for Carrick.

K1LLER7

Aurelio would have been world class if he wasn't so injury prone

Shove that up your arse

lTUBL.gif

Fry

Aurelio would have been world class if he wasn't so injury prone

Shove that up your arse

His career is something to feel really bad about. What could have been.

Dem free-kicks will always be remembered. Especially the one in the 4-1 and the one in the 4-4.

His career is something to feel really bad about. What could have been.

Dem free-kicks will always be remembered. Especially the one in the 4-1 and the one in the 4-4.

Its not even just the free kicks. He was exceptionally solid at the back, his distribution was brilliant, and his crossing was spot-on. A real shame his body didn't let him put together more than 5 games in a row :(

Handsome bastard as well :p

Lightning

Banned
Stuart Pearce is totally clueless. Yes he got dicked over by Arsenal and co being such pains about releasing players but that doesn't explain why England were so poor in the tournament and even he can't offer up any reasoning behind it. The players selected, while not the best players, are capable of much more and didn't deliver.

I hope he is held to account by the FA.

Meier

Had no clue Anne Hathaway was only in Les Mis for like 20 mins. You can't win an Oscar for that!

I never knew Courtois allegedly had an affair with De Bruyne's gf.

Keeping up with the Chelsea tradition I supposed.
No allegedly about it. She's quite homely too..kind of bizarre.

lol, someone in the Last of Us OT whinging because it turned out the Limited Edition is actually limited, and seems to be buying it used as some bizarre punishment to Naughty Dog and Sony.

#itscalledlimitededitionforafuckingreason

@Meier, didn't Judi Dench or someone win an Best Supporting Oscar for about 4 minutes' screentime in a film?

edit

Judi Dench won an Oscar for her 8 mintues in Shakespeare in Love (1998), but the shortest Oscar winning performance goes to a different supporting actress: Beatrice Straight and her 5 mintues in Network (1976).

Meier

20 minutes is actually quite a lot of screen time. For a supporting character.
Not really. Literally every other actor in the film that receives any sort of notable acting credit is in it more than her. Maybe Cosette as a child is about the same.

This is the first I've ever seen this so I didn't know what happened to Anne's character.

@Meier, didn't Judi Dench or someone win an Best Supporting Oscar for about 4 minutes' screentime in a film?

edit
Crazy stats! Never seen either of those. Shakespeare in Love is the one that robbed Private Ryan, right? Or was that The English Patient?

Lightning

Banned
Madrid linked to a 90M Bale move.

WTF? I'd rather pay 45M for Reus. He's a great player but come the fuck on.
Reus is not available this season. Why do you need Bale anyway? Madrid just buying the next best thing for the sake of it is kind of stupid.

Buy Cavani along with Ronaldo, Di Maria, Benzema and Ozil and you will have an outstanding forward line. I don't get Madrid's obsession over Bale. You guys thinking he will turn up in La Liga and be a Ronaldo will unlikely happen. I still feel Bale is not worth more than 50mil. Unless Madrid don't care for money they must surely be smarter than this.

Bale is an excellent player but he's no Ronaldo and his ability in the latter half of this season to score a late screamer for a winner after being pretty lame for the majority of games does not change my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom