• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
So confident, eh? What about the recent rumblings emanating from Leverkusen?

Confident is the wrong word but I think it's just as likely that he leaves, 50% chance for both scenarios.

The stuff from Leverkusen is shit, I posted about that yesterday. Last week they say that they agreed a deal with Chelsea on a de Bruyne loan and now suddenly Chelsea says there's no chance to get him? De Bruyne just doesn't want another loan and not at Leverkusen.

Also, de Bruyne said after the Belgium match that he "doesn't know what will happen". Fact is that he hasn't spoken with Mourinho yet (which might indicate Mou doesn't want him that much as he has already talked to Lukaku, but that's only speculation) and wants a good perspective. That's for Mourinho to show him now, although I can't see it with Schürrle joining.

Staying out of there till I finish the game.

Can you be bothered with FC3 btw? If you'd rather not do it, I'll figure out something with randoms :)

The thought occurred to me yesterday, I don't like the game all that much but want the Platinum, so want to make sure that you actually like playing it rather than making you feel like you've already agreed to help me finish it and have to keep to it :p

Finished the story yesterday, not much to say about it tbh. You have it all figured out by the time you're 5 hours in. Should be able to get the co-op trophies done by Thursday morning, then I'm ready and lubed up for The Last of Us on Saturday :D

Oh, I 'ate you Yurt

blakey.jpg

GorillaJu

(Not trolling)

What's so good about TLoU? I'm watching the trailers and I don't get it.

No idea :lol

I just assume it's going to be good because Uncharted 2 was good, and it's by the same team. I went on media blackout so I don't get overcome with hype.

I love Mata, he is a fantastic player and a nice guy but he is a luxury player. Out of all our attacking options he has the lowest work rate off the ball and he cant tackle. this is something that his Spanish teammates posses which is one of the main reasons why he doesn't start regularly for Spain.
If Mourinho wants Chelsea to be a team that presses all over the pitch giving the opposition no time on the ball then despite his qualities with the ball Mata will be the one player least suited to that kind of system. Maybe getting rid of Mata could be another master stroke by the genius that is Jose Mourinho that could turn us into a ruthless winning machine. I doubt it's though as the story is 99.9% bullshit

I love Mata, he is a fantastic player and a nice guy but he is a luxury player. Out of all our attacking options he has the lowest work rate off the ball and he cant tackle. this is something that his Spanish teammates posses which is one of the main reasons why he doesn't start regularly for Spain.
If Mourinho wants Chelsea to be a team that presses all over the pitch giving the opposition no time on the ball then despite his qualities with the ball Mata will be the one player least suited to that kind of system. Maybe getting rid of Mata could be another master stroke by the genius that is Jose Mourinho that could turn us into a ruthless winning machine. I doubt it's though as the story is 99.9% bullshit

Honestly, that sounds about as valid an excuse as us trying to sell Suarez because he's selfish. Doubt its true though.

It's presumably a very solid action-survival game with a decent* story. Nice setting, looks great, probably very well crafted.

*Given that no one called out Deus Ex Human Revolution for its horrible story I wouldn't quite trust magazines/sites on this. It could be the usual video game hyperbole.

I think people overlooked the story because Adam Jensen was awesome. I know I did :D

kharma45

I'm waiting until TLoU drops in price and they patch it. Some parts of the game are apparently horribly broken.

Still managed perfect scores despite that somehow...

Clegg

United being linked with Nampalys Mendy from Monaco. He was highly rated a couple of years ago.

Looks like he let his own contract run down because he wasn't sure if he'd get a place in Monaco's superstar filled team.

Edit: It looks like he's signing for Nice.

kharma45

What parts? (spoiler-free,of course) Read nothing about any broken mechanics, glitches, anything like that

I'll throw a few quotes from the game journos FB group I'm part of

"A.I is all over the place, characters getting stuck by objects and walking cutscene bits are broken.

Seems pretty borked."

"noticed a few hitches where enemies would become invincible. a runner straight up was missing a head and still killed me.

another dude would lag totally out of an execution."

"I've finished the promo today and have had a bunch of graphical and gameplay issues. Ellie wouldn't get
on the raft
for a few minutes and kept running back and forth instead of
jumping on

Tess would alert things all the time.

A few animations (like the death ones) suddenly all the background goes missing and joel's getting killed in some mysterious blue room.

There's a weird draw distance issue as well I found at the water tower where if I aimed my gun at it and looked up a little everything would disappear."

"oh, something that's going in the review is that partner ai would run in front of enemies and not alert them, which is pretty fuckin' immersion breaking."

"It was unplayable at the
Church
bit."

"Vanishing characters mainly, although AI companions go shotgun crazy instead of trying stealth too. Might ask for a debug copy to compare it to, it doesn't feel finished."

"Not sure why AI partners decide to go all Leeroy Jenkins in every stealth section"

"I had one where I activated 'Listen' and there was a guards coming right towards me. He walked into Ellie and fell through the floor. Early on there was a sentry walking into a wall until I strangled him, too"

Am I looking at the Canadian F1 track wrong, or are there only 6 corners and 2 turns?

You're wrong :p

Ignore them. They are full of crap.
This is why I try my best to ignore all things transfer window and why my posting here has been at a low.

Just months of nonsense stories and people happy to eat them up. The only reason these journalists (lol) get away with writing such unsubstantiated tripe is because football fans are so eager to swallow it. This isn't entirely in regard to the Mata story, but all transfer news.

Now, as for the Mata story, I just can't see it. Why of all the players Mourinho could part with would he part with Mata? Also, is it not pretty well established at this point that Jose, or any other manager for that matter, doesn't have complete control over transfers. And in fact, such decisions are left to Emenalo and Roman's other cohorts.

Weird, heard nothing of the sort from people who've played it early or reviewers.

By the way, enemies being oblivious to Ellie is a gameplay choice apparently. They wanted her involved in the gameplay when you're in trouble, and couldn't reconcile that with having her stay in safe zones all the time. And I can't imagine anything more annoying than enemies reacting to her when you're trying to be stealthy :p

kharma45

After following video game media for almost twenty years, shit like this doesn't surprise me anymore.

It's more annoying that things haven't changed. True it's still relatively young but in a bid to gain acceptance you'd think there would be a bit more integrity.

It's not the good scores that bother me, it's the perfect ones. And the fact that none of the reviews mentioned any of this shit.

I've read two reviews (well one read, one watched as it was gametrailers) and both of them mentioned the AI especially during the stealth sections. Not that I want to praise gaming journalism cause it sure is shit, but saying none of them mentioned it is silly.

fuenf

I'm waiting until TLoU drops in price and they patch it. Some parts of the game are apparently horribly broken.

Still managed perfect scores despite that somehow...

Buggy game getting a good score? Why I've never heard of such a thing.

Anyone still wonders why the videogame industry is going down? Those "bugs" sound like almost every fucking game ever... and some of the reviews even mentioned them.

Who cares about good or perfect scores? It's a subjective and somewhat random metric anyway. But wait for core-gamers good isnt good enough anymore, it has to be perfect and even if it is, there'll be people who take issues with the narrative / immersion / character design etc.

TLoU is already feeling like Tomb Raider all over again, which was easily one of the best games of this generation. Reading the gaming side, I wonder how many people even enjoy games anymore (apart from the 'lame and boring but FUN (which everyone is scared to admit)' multiplayer fps / sports games). Unfortunately it feels like criticizing AAA titles has become its own meta game here :(

Pranay

Many have finshed the game, their are few AI glitches and Enimies not noticing the Companion is done on purpose, apart from these Many users have given 10/10 in the official ot and review thread

GorillaJu

Bugs don't ruin games for me at all unless they're seriously broken and stop progress. I can see if you're the type of person who wants to forget that they're playing a game and just be completely immersed in the world that bugs would break that feeling of immersion and harm the experience. I do not attempt to be immersed in the world. I like to immerse myself in the act of enjoying the game. My best memories all come down to very specific circumstances as they relate to my experience playing the game, not just moments in the game itself. I remember what my relationship with my gf/ex-gf was like at the time, who I was friends with, who I had been talking to, what season it was, what country I lived in at that moment, if I was tired or feeling awake as I played, etc. Immersion in the moment is much more important to me than immersion in the game, thus things that "break" the immersion don't throw me off.

Having grown up exploiting bugs for fun, finding ways to break the systems in games, and generally loving quirky, bug-ridden just as much as extremely polished, directed ones, I'm not turned off by odd AI or graphical glitches. What would turn me off are sloppy, unresponsive controls or a game that isn't fun.

fuenf

Bugs these days ain't nearly as bad as they used to be. I think many have forgotten that regular crashs used to be the norm (for PC games).

I'm sure TLOU is a fantastic title. I have no issues with it. Now Tomb Raider, that's a change I really didn't like. I'm sure it's not a bad title, but I really hate the direction they took it.

Yep I still remember the first Battlefield games, now they were basically unplayable for the first few months. ;) Additionally people tend to forget that games have gotten far more ambitious and complex, a few years ago something like TLoU or Bioshock Infinite wouldnt have been possible.

Your view on Tomb Raider is actually reasonable. Nobody is forced to like the direction and changes they took, but that doesnt automatically make it a bad game. Nobody is forced to play it, but reading the OT back then it felt like some posters were almost offended by the game. There were post like "I've played it for 6hours now and I can't take this anymore, it's the worst... I played another 3 hours.. omg it's so bad, it physically pains me to play it." Whenever I read something like that I can only shake my head...

Bugs don't ruin games for me at all unless they're seriously broken and stop progress. I can see if you're the type of person who wants to forget that they're playing a game and just be completely immersed in the world that bugs would break that feeling of immersion and harm the experience. I do not attempt to be immersed in the world. I like to immerse myself in the act of enjoying the game. My best memories all come down to very specific circumstances as they relate to my experience playing the game, not just moments in the game itself. I remember what my relationship with my gf/ex-gf was like at the time, who I was friends with, who I had been talking to, what season it was, what country I lived in at that moment, if I was tired or feeling awake as I played, etc. Immersion in the moment is much more important to me than immersion in the game, thus things that "break" the immersion don't throw me off.

Having grown up exploiting bugs for fun, finding ways to break the systems in games, and generally loving quirky, bug-ridden just as much as extremely polished, directed ones, I'm not turned off by odd AI or graphical glitches. What would turn me off are sloppy, unresponsive controls or a game that isn't fun.

100% agree.

GorillaJu

It's amazing what hype can do to opinions.

Yes, it could just be hype. It could also be that the positive elements of the game are so positive as to outweigh any misgivings. 10/10 does not and has never meant "flawless." There is no such thing as a flawless game, except in individual players' minds.

Re: Tomb Raider. I had to stop playing because it was giving me motion sickness. It's the first and only game to ever do this to me. I can't figure out why it happens only with TR, but my suspicion is that I sit too close to too big of a monitor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom