• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

We shouldn't have let Moysey go on holiday. We should have stuck him in his office with a hundred scouting reports and a bottle of Frogies best whiskey and told him not to come out until he's picked our transfer targets.

Arnie

We shouldn't have let Moysey go on holiday. We should have stuck him in his office with a hundred scouting reports and a bottle of Frogies best whiskey and told him not to come out until he's picked our transfer targets.

He's picked your transfer targets you fudge.

GIBSON_2107790c.jpg

Return of the king, motherfusgeski.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22831838

Does this sort of thing piss anyone else off as much as it does to me? It makes zero sense. If the young English players were good enough then they would be getting playing time at PL clubs, but since they're not good enough, they're not. The problem is therefore with the coaching and the youth development. It's not even a chicken vs egg thing, because it's so blindingly obvious. PL clubs will play the best players they can, and if English players are not good enough, then it's not the Premier League's fault. If Spain can be World/Euro Champions with one of the best leagues in the world and Germany can consistently place place themselves as one of the best footballing nations in the world, while the Bundesliga is growing and challenging the PL and La Liga, that also proves that the issue with the national team is not the Premier League.

Once again:

Number of coaches that hold Uefa A, B and Pro badges:

Germany: 35,000
Italy: 30,000
Spain: 24,000
England: 2,800

And yet idiots like Graham Taylor this would rather nonsensically blame Premier League Clubs rather than his cronies at the FA.

The Premier League being the most international and globally appealing league in the world will naturally mean that young English Players are "less important" than their counterparts in Spain and Germany, but theoretically it also gives them an advantage of playing with the best talent in the world. The premium price of English players may also hamper their development, but I don't think these factors are anywhere near as significant as the lack of planning, organisation and investment from the FA.

Yup just a stupid argument all together.

Netherlands: Zoet; Van Rhijn, De Vrij, Martins Indi, Blind; Strootman, Van Ginkel, Maher; Wijnaldum, De Jong, John

Russia: shit; shit, shit, shit, shit; shit, shit, shit, Dzagoev, shit; shit.

Russia to win.

Actual lineup(as if anybody cares): Zabolotni, Schennikov, Chicherin, Burlak(C), Belyaev, Tsallagov, Petrov, Shatov, Yakovlev, Dzagoev, Smolov.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Update for Arsenal GAF

According to the first reports emerging from Italian media, Real Madrid have agreed to the request for payment in instalments.

However, Juve must raise their €22m offer to at least €24m, which is the reported bid from Arsenal.

justjohn

Out of moyes, pellegrini, and mourinho, the latter is the least likely to flop.hes been succesful everywhere he's been so why now? Especially looking at his so called challegers.

Arnie

What the hell are you talking about?

I don't think Mourinho's return to Chelsea will be a comparative success.

Out of moyes, pellegrini, and mourinho, the latter is the least likely to flop.hes been succesful everywhere he's been so why now? Especially looking at his so called challegers.
It doesn't work that way.

Mourinho is returning to mass expectation and pressure. I think it'll go tits up.

I think Moyes will do well, and Pelligrini will be exceptional (compared to Mancini's incompetence).

LegoArmo

Mourinho's not going to flop. Chelsea are probably going to win the league. If they don't though, that would be a pretty big failure considering his competition.

This is the man who still holds the Premier League points total record, his style of play, attitude, everything just fits the Premier League.

Not to mention the English press lick his anus. He's loved dahn sath.

Arnie

I think adding Mourinho to this current Chelsea team doesn't equal a Premier League title. That's the equation Chelsea fans, and indeed others are making, and it's fanciful, in my opinion. Mourinho created magic in his first spell as Chelsea manager, I don't think he'll do it again.

The thing about Mou at Chelsea that I fear are some astounding quirks of his time in Madrid. I felt that the team never had a real "plan" or strategy offensively if the opponents were standing deep in their own half.

Real's counter attacks were brutally effective, but if there were no oppotunities for those their game quickly became uncreative, planless and depending on individual skills / individual player instincts. There was no sign of any coaching order.

fuenf

DerZuhälter;62234419 said:
The thing about Mou at Chelsea that I fear are some astounding quirks of his time in Madrid. I felt that the team never had a real "plan" or strategy offensively if the opponents were standing deep in their own half.

Real's counter attacks were brutally effective, but if there were no oppotunities for those their game quickly became uncreative, planless and depending on individual skills / individual player instincts. There was no sign of any coaching order.

Someone in the German media mentioned that Mou's coaching style is outdated. I see a lot of similarities between Mou's term at Real and LVG's at Bayern, they both think that they are bigger than the club and the players and seem to reject change. There methods can be succesful, but they simply won't last in the long run (especially when you have a squad full of divas and stars).

Mou's treatment of Casillas mirrors LVG's of Butt / Kraft/ Neuer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom