• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Laudrup linked with the PSG job, then. Certainly a step down from Mourinho, Benitiez, AVB, but Swansea were playing some excellent football at the start of the season.
I think Hiddink will be the one to take the job at PSG. Laudrup is a big risk for someone like PSG.

Rumors that Lewancuntski is pissed at BVB and doesn't want to talk with anyone from the club anymore.

The dipshit should be smart enough to know that it's Bayern that failed to make an offer and not BVB playing it hard. But to be honest, all the annoying media shit aside, it's a great situation for us. I don't see him playing for us next season. So we either get a shitload of money from Bayern (not happening) or he's moving to a different club (which is what we want).

FootballFan

Sid Lowe's TOTS was a good one - http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jun/12/sids-2013-la-liga-season-review

GK: Courtois (Atlético)
RB: Carlos Martínez (Real Sociedad)
CB: Miranda (Atlético)
CB: Iñigo Martínez (Real Sociedad)
LB: Filipe Luis (Atlético)
M: Sergio Busquets (Barcelona)
M: Xabi Prieto (Real Sociedad)
M: Andrés Iniesta (Barcelona)
S: Leo Messi (Barcelona)
S: Radamel Falcao (Atlético)
S: Cristiano Ronaldo (Madrid)

Niceeee.

:lol at Xabi Alonso in EA's team. Hahahahaah.

sw26

Oh FM:

Fixtures.png

5 games in 10 days! Cruel and unusual punishment that. I can see my quest for my 5th league title in a row collapsing before my eyes.

:(

Carbonox

UK PS4Gaf

If you are preordering, where from? :)

Not touching GAME, even though they have a pretty sweet Killzone Bundle.

Amazon. No idea if I'll get it on launch day though. Probably should have paid for first class. :lol

Plenty of time though, might preorder on Zavvi too.

Wanna see what bundles places will sell. Either way, FIFA 14, AC4, Watch Dogs and Battlefield 4 are what I'll be getting.

This is my first Alcoholic drink. Disgusting. Not sure why people drink.

'low you

Meier

The Mirror talking up Isco to Madrid as a possibility. Not that it isn't, but their story mentions they've held talks. That happened a few weeks ago and Isco came out afterwards and said he'd prefer to follow Pellegrinj. Why report it again? Dumb.

Also, I mentioned it during the shitty server times, but for those who missed it, Madrid officially signed FM wonderkid Casemiro the other day.

Linius

I'd prefer a good beer over strong alcohol any day. Then I'm talking special beers not your average Heineken or San Miguel etc.

Yeah, it's obvious Bayern isn't in the position or mood to spend a ton of money for another striker right now. Then again, it's hard to tell what's happening behind the scenes. I wouldn't trust any party involved (Lewandowski, Bayern, Dortmund) to tell the (whole) truth right now.

I completely believe that there was no (official) Bayern offer. The part about a vocal agreement? Possible, maybe even likely before the Götze move. But how should it work if his "dream club" isn't making an offer? Anyway, he can get fucked, good luck trying to sue on a vocal agreement with no records of it at all. Only ends with Lewandowski leaving.

kharma45

Mainly from @Corrienationstr

Got a 2:1 for all my modules based off the coursework :D

now hopefully the exam results don't bring it down.

Good work! I've my last two bits of coursework to collect tomorrow and then I get my final degree classification next week. Scary.

Clegg

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 42s

Pretty surprised you don't know about Laudrup! Here we go, not so many news, but a key one and especially an exclusive #TancrediTime
I think the Tanc's ego has swollen.

K1LLER7

Good work! I've my last two bits of coursework to collect tomorrow and then I get my final degree classification next week. Scary.

Thanks mate :)

Uni years go by so fast. Good Luck!

Hope you find a job asap. I've been thinking of taking a couple months out when I finish Uni next year and going travelling.

Linius

It's the only one of those fruity ciders than I can tolerate, verging on quite enjoying.

Does something like Budvar or Singha count?

Over here when we say 'speciaal bier' we mean strong beers brewed by small breweries mostly from Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany. Brands like La Chouffe, Kwak bier or Texelse bier. Trappist beers are Godlike. To call your beer that you have to pass certain demands, it's not just any beer. There's an English written wiki page about it too if you wanna know more.

Yen

West Wing is excellent. Nearly finished S1. This quote struck me as very apt this week:
It's not just about abortion, it's about the next 20 years. Twenties and Thirties it was the role of government, Fifties and Sixties it was civil rights. The next two decades it's gonna be privacy. I'm talking about the Internet. I'm talking about cell phones. I'm talking about health records and who's gay and who's not. And moreover, in a country born on the will to be free, what could be more fundamental than this?

It's kind of funny how Quiche wasn't even born when this show first aired.

kharma45

Thanks mate :)

Uni years go by so fast. Good Luck!

Hope you find a job asap. I've been thinking of taking a couple months out when I finish Uni next year and going travelling.

Me too haha. had hope to get one PWC but didn't get past their assessment centre. thought I had done well enough but alas not. Getting a call from them next week to discuss why, and then I can apply again in three months time. Only realised now how much I actually did want it. Gonna just keep trying for everything, main thing is experience to help set you apart in the future it seems.

West Wing is excellent. Nearly finished S1. This quote struck me as very apt this week:

I've always meant to watch the West Wing. Only thing I know about it is they discuss the Gall–Peters projection in one episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom