• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Saw this graph from the MEN, based on surveys done by a selection of every team's fans. Not hugely reliable, but interesting nonetheless.

prem-rate-grounds-4570610.jpg

On the league one one (hm), we scored a 5 for atmosphere.

Only two prem grounds scored green for atmosphere. Sounds about right with the prices they charge.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rate-the-grounds-survey-results-4414950#.UcGqtYx3wHU.twitter

^If anyone wants to see the rest.

Keep reading a lot of conflicting reports about whether it will be AC Milan or Juventus who land Carlos Tevez.

Yeah AC has been linked with him a lot more in recent days.

Looks like you guys have moved a step closer to Hig.

Having said that I'm taking anything I read in the papers with a heavy grain of salt.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah AC has been linked with him a lot more in recent days.

Looks like you guys have moved a step closer to Hig.

Having said that I'm taking anything I read in the papers with a heavy grain of salt.
Been down this Higuain track a bit too much to have faith. Until it's on Arsenal.com I will always feel that Juventus will come in and pinch it.

confuziz

Banned
PSV interested in Stijn Schaars from Sporting. This probably means Strootman is leaving for sure.

I wouldn't mind this guy for 2-3 million euros.

Zabojnik

I think I just realized who Marotta's this summer's "backup striker", camouflaged as a top player, will be. Podolski. Fucking Lucas Podolski, who Arsenal will be more than glad to loan us in August, Bendtner style.

FootballFan

I think I just realized who Marotta's this summer's "backup striker", camouflaged as a top player, will be. Podolski. Fucking Lucas Podolski, who Arsenal will be more than glad to loan us in August, Bendtner style.

Can you, fade and yurt just put some money together and buy Villa or Cavani pls.

Or send the money in an envelope to Marotta.

confuziz

Banned
That angers me so much. To the point where I can't even joke about #BasedKinnear. No wonder Llambeeze left.

Not sure you could have used Douglas though. He hasn't improved at all last season and he is still having anger issues (he was my neighbour after all).

Carbonox

Not sure you could have used Douglas though. He hasn't improved at all last season and he is still having anger issues (he was my neighbour after all).

Still makes me laugh. :lol

He wouldn't have been a guaranteed starter but would be a huge improvement over Mike Williamson.

A CB collection of:

Steven Taylor
Coloccini
Yanga-Mbiwa
Douglas

...Would have been very nice to have.

confuziz

Banned
Still makes me laugh. :lol

He wouldn't have been a guaranteed starter but would be a huge improvement over Mike Williamson.

A CB collection of:

Steven Taylor
Coloccini
Yanga-Mbiwa
Douglas

...Would have been very nice to have.

Well he is free and he probably doesn't earn more than 800k a year right now.

Btw, I got several pictures of us together if you are THAT interested =P

That angers me so much. To the point where I can't even joke about #BasedKinnear. No wonder Llambeeze left.

Joe Kinnear is such an obviously useless cunt. A shining hallmark of everything that's wrong with the way a lot of English people think a people think about football. He's of very low intelligence, he's abrasive and he's forthright. Such a deadly and caustic mix. As I've said before, I feel genuinely sorry for Newcastle supporters. That man is barely capable of tying his own shoe laces let alone competently assuming the role of a decision maker at a multi million pound football club.

Zabojnik

Can you, fade and yurt just put some money together and buy Villa or Cavani pls.

Or send the money in an envelope to Marotta.

I'm seriously considering starting a Kickstarter campaign to raise money. The 20M€ stretch goal will be Marry's immediate decapitation.

Salazar

Joe Kinnear is such an obviously useless cunt. A shining hallmark of everything that's wrong with the way a lot of English people think a people think about football. He's of very low intelligence, he's abrasive and he's forthright. Such a deadly and caustic mix. As I've said before, I feel genuinely sorry for Newcastle supporters. That man is barely capable of tying his own shoe laces let alone competently assuming the role of a decision maker at a multi million pound football club.

Aye.

And his notion of credibility-building consists in its meagre entirety of I'LL GET MORE AND MORE FUCKEN MASCULINE, INNIT

Arnie

Wes celebrated Italy's false demise too hard. Can we ban him for life from eating pizza?
Arnie

Arnold

Vociferous Turtle

Pls

It was Marchisio.

Was referring to the pass through to Marchisio, which, if I'm looking at these highlights correctly, was De Rossi. Marchisio just slid it across goal.

To be honest, and I did watch that video you posted the other day, I've been disappointed when I've watched Marchisio. Perhaps it's just recently but he looks like he doesn't give a fuck about anything. Even when he got the assist for the winner last night, he just sort of patted the scorer on the head and moved on.

Need breakfast and to ring a landlord and then I've got to attack that TLoU section again.

PSV interested in Stijn Schaars from Sporting. This probably means Strootman is leaving for sure.

I wouldn't mind this guy for 2-3 million euros.

3M should do. We are reducing the squad and every player who has an annual salary of more than 1M are getting sold. I like Schaars but I won't be sad to see him go.

Wes

venison crêpe
Robbie Savage league predictions:

1/utd
2/Chelsea
3/city
4/ars
5/liv
6/spurs
7ever
8/west h
9/villa
10/westb
11/fulham

15/sun
16/new
17/card
18/norw
19/hull
20/palace

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Was referring to the pass through to Marchisio, which, if I'm looking at these highlights correctly, was De Rossi. Marchisio just slid it across goal.

Haha yeah I just watched it. A BOSS RUN THO

Also Arnie said:
To be honest, and I did watch that video you posted the other day, I've been disappointed when I've watched Marchisio. Perhaps it's just recently but he looks like he doesn't give a fuck about anything. Even when he got the assist for the winner last night, he just sort of patted the scorer on the head and moved on.

Yup, it's something he picked up lately. I'm not sure what's really going on with him.

Zabojnik

Well, he is kinda in a strange situation right now, probably thinking about his immediate future, etc. He's also off form. Can't really blame him for not giving a fuck about fucking Conferedation's Cup.

Leave Il Principino alone.

Need breakfast and to ring a landlord and then I've got to attack that TLoU section again.

What difficulty are you playing on?

I'm starting to get used to the combat options. Not sure whether I agree or not with the choice to have enemies that you've shot drop ammo when they're killed. On the one hand, it lets people who aren't interested in stealthing their way through it play it as something closer to a shooter, but on the other, it discourages the stealth the game has been designed around. Guns should be a last resort, and every bullet should be precious.

Unless ammo gets rarer as the game goes on. I can see running out of shivs becoming a problem for me :p

Everything gone quiet with Midichlorian and Papadontpreach?

Arnie

Hey, I like the guy. He was great during that season when you won the league from nowhere.

If he goes to United, however, I'll despise him. Be warned.

What difficulty are you playing on?

I'm starting to get used to the combat options. Not sure whether I agree or not with the choice to have enemies that you've shot drop ammo when they're killed. On the one hand, it lets people who aren't interested in stealthing their way through it play it as something closer to a shooter, but on the other, it discourages the stealth the game has been designed around. Guns should be a last resort, and every bullet should be precious.

Unless ammo gets rarer as the game goes on. I can see running out of shivs becoming a problem for me :p

Everything gone quiet with Midichlorian and Papadontpreach?
Playing on hard.

Resources are so scarce that if enemies didn't drop one or two bullets every now and then I'd just be fucked. And usually it's for a different weapon, so it's not a direct replacement and I still have to fiddle around in my inventory. Guns still do feel like a last result on hard, and if there's human enemies I avoid weapons altogether, usually.

No word on the two big signings. Getting twitchy.

deGod

Xavi could learn a thing or two from De GOAT's tapping up skills.

I think tiago at united is a bad idea, we don't have the pace in strikers to get forward

So after xbones announcement I'm torn between keeping my ps4 preorder or put it on xbone

K1LLER7

So after xbones announcement I'm torn between keeping my ps4 preorder or put it on xbone
I'm going to wait it out a little. Have enough games left to play for this gen. If I had to pick one on launch, I'd pick PS4.

Thiago will be boss at United. He'll clank along with Carrick and Kagawa. Lets just hope RVP can keep his good form running into a 3rd season.

FootballFan

More like the other way around. Club loyality being one thing, as you'll soon find out.

Like, play for Spain even though you were born in Italy to Brazilian parents?

BORN AND BRED IN TORINO

and could be Forged In Industry Striving for Glory in Manchester next season..

Juve-Bros pls.

Thiago is a legend already.

Marchisio:

Juventus

Serie A (2): 2011–12, 2012–13
Serie B: 2006–07
Supercoppa Italiana: 2012

Italy

Toulon Tournament: 2008
Euro 2012: Runner Up: 2012

Thiago:

Barcelona

La Liga: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2012–13
Copa del Rey: 2011–12; Runner-up 2010–11
Supercopa de España: 2010, 2011; Runner-up 2012
UEFA Champions League: 2010–11
UEFA Super Cup: 2011
FIFA Club World Cup: 2011

Spain

Under-17 European Championship: 2008
Under-21 European Championship: 2011, 2013

Case closed bros.

K1LLER7

Like, play for Spain even though you were born in Italy to Brazilian parents?

BORN AND BRED IN TORINO

and could be Forged In Industry Striving for Glory in Manchester next season..
How the hell did he get to play for Spain then lol.

--------- Carrick --------
Thiago ---------- Marchisio

Rooney -- RVP -- Kagawa

Just make it happen Moysey.

deGod

I'm going to wait it out a little. Have enough games left to play for this gen. If I had to pick one on launch, I'd pick PS4.

Thiago will be boss at United. He'll clank along with Carrick and Kagawa. Lets just hope RVP can keep his good form running into a 3rd season.

United are all about the counter attack and as good as RVP is he wouldn't have the pace to score from one of thiagos balls, wellberg and Chico would but wellberg can't finish his dinner

L1NETT

Robbie Savage league predictions:

1/utd
2/Chelsea
3/city
4/ars
5/liv
6/spurs
7ever
8/west h
9/villa
10/westb
11/fulham

15/sun
16/new
17/card
18/norw
19/hull
20/palace

Switch the top two around and sadly, I wouldn't disagree with him there. Obviously big signings may have an impact, but I can see it panning out to something along those lines, especially the bottom three.

--

Also, playing through Witcher 2 and thank the lord they are putting some degree of fast travel in the third.

K1LLER7

United are all about the counter attack and as good as RVP is he wouldn't have the pace to score from one of thiagos balls, wellberg and Chico would but wellberg can't finish his dinner
It worked out last season :D

Tbf I think he'll be brough in to help control games. Mainly against the top teams and in Europe. Plus, I'd expect him to be the one to push forward more, similar to how Cleverley played and to link with Shinji. I'm sure he won't be playing too many long balls for RVP to chase.

Who knows, Moysey might change a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom