• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

HOLY SHITTTT

LIGHtning just hit a tree about 30 metres from here. The tree blew up to pieces. Jesus. Pieces of it all over the street.

House was shaking and cat went crazy. Never heard it that loud before.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve-Bros pls.

Thiago is a legend already.

Marchisio:

Juventus

Serie A (2): 2011–12, 2012–13
Serie B: 2006–07
Supercoppa Italiana: 2012

Italy

Toulon Tournament: 2008
Euro 2012: Runner Up: 2012

Thiago:

Barcelona

La Liga: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2012–13
Copa del Rey: 2011–12; Runner-up 2010–11
Supercopa de España: 2010, 2011; Runner-up 2012
UEFA Champions League: 2010–11
UEFA Super Cup: 2011
FIFA Club World Cup: 2011

Spain

Under-17 European Championship: 2008
Under-21 European Championship: 2011, 2013

Case closed bros.

Lol what a fucking sad post. He's barely a bench player with Barca.

qindarka

Banned
HOLY SHITTTT

LIGHtning just hit a tree about 30 metres from here. The tree blew up to pieces. Jesus. Pieces of it all over the street.

House was shaking and cat went crazy. Never heard it that loud before.

For a moment, I thought you meant Lightning the poster. Glad he hasn't been harmed then.

bud23

Tottenham is playing hardball. The club responded calmly but firmly to Real Madrid's interest in Gareth Bale, stating that there is nothing to talk about and that the Welshman is staying in London. The English club's manager, André Villas-Boas has no doubts about his young player's future. "Bale isn't leaving Spurs", the Portuguese said.

The Real president isn't talking about the signing of the player so as to not push up his transfer fee, a tactic often used in the English capital. Continuous messages are emanating out of the club which assure that Gareth Bale is staying at Spurs.

Villas-Boas also confirms as much. "The chairman has pledged that Bale isn't leaving the club", the Portuguese said, convinced that he'll have the winger at his disposal next season, although everything points to this being more a tactic to push up the player's price than a reality.

The other reason for Tottenham's refusal to sell Bale is in Paris. The Tottenham chairman stopped a possible Villas-Boas move to PSG, guaranteeing the manager that he will have a stronger team next season built around Gareth Bale.

http://www.marca.com/2013/06/20/en/football/international_football/1371716814.html

AzH6s1QCUAAEXu8.png:large

en af de hviee

Snoop-Dogg-AGF-Photo-Morten-Rygaard-All-copyrights.jpg

Snoop_Dogg_p__Train_715978g.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Hope everything's good FF and there's no lasting damage to wear you live
build a bridge?

Also... Bacon and Killer, get ready for your season long avatars. Bale's staying, motherfuckers

What's the worst you guys have ever reacted to a bad result?

Mine is probably the Champions League Final 2007. Barely talked to anyone for a few days even though I was still going to school. Combination of disappointment from dominating and failing to capitalise, which had become a constant source of annoyance that season (most season under Rafa tbh) and a significant section of our fans being absolute cunts.

Mine is probably the Champions League Final 2007. Barely talked to anyone for a few days even though I was still going to school. Combination of disappointment from dominating and failing to capitalise, which had become a constant source of annoyance that season (most season under Rafa tbh) and a significant section of our fans being absolute cunts.

UEFA Cup Final 2005 - Sporting was leading 1-0 at home at half time, ended up losing 3-1.
As soon as the third game was scored I went to the yard and punched a tree.

justjohn

I'd say the champions league final in 2008 when we lost to utd.from being a kick away to winning it to losing it. I was genuinely depressed for about 2 weeks and avoided all media. Still hurts now despite the fact that we've gone on to win it.

Wilbur

Banned

Strangely for me, I think it was losing to Norwich 2-0 in the 2004/05 season. We'd been poor by our standards all year and I seem to recall we lost the week before as well, and then we went to a team managed by Nigel Worthington, Ashton bullied us off the park and we lost.

This was a team with Alan Smith, Fortune, Kleberson, probably Roy Carroll... I was just so fucking angry that we'd shown no fight for the second season in a row, that our squad was so poor, that we'd lost 2-0 to a side likely to be relegated. Didnt eat my dinner, didnt come downstairs for the next 20 hours or something, didnt talk to anyone.

Strangely for me, I think it was losing to Norwich 2-0 in the 2004/05 season. We'd been poor by our standards all year and I seem to recall we lost the week before as well, and then we went to a team managed by Nigel Worthington, Ashton bullied us off the park and we lost.

This was a team with Alan Smith, Fortune, Kleberson, probably Roy Carroll... I was just so fucking angry that we'd shown no fight for the second season in a row, that our squad was so poor, that we'd lost 2-0 to a side likely to be relegated. Didnt eat my dinner, didnt come downstairs for the next 20 hours or something, didnt talk to anyone.

Prepare to wallow in nostalgia as Moyes brings such glory days back to Old Trafford :p

Do you guys get more pissed off losing against teams who it is unacceptable to lose against, or losing big matches like cup finals/semis etc

qindarka

Banned

Watching Scholes score the injury time winner against City in 2010. Went on to lose against Spurs later that day, and from being hopeful that the title could have been virtually won, I was convinced we had blown it.

Also that Suarez equaliser earlier this year, especially after City had fucked up against Spurs.

And the 5-3 home defeat to Arsenal.

None of them ended up mattering much but they really pissed me off at the time.

K1LLER7

Hope everything's good FF and there's no lasting damage to wear you live
build a bridge?

Also... Bacon and Killer, get ready for your season long avatars. Bale's staying, motherfuckers
Bitch please, Perez is in London.
He isn't leaving without Bale.

Wes

venison crêpe
Glad to he is not putting us in the bottom three (AVFC).

Yeah I.....

No.

Hang on a second.

Could it be?

Are my eyes deceiving me?

Someone else on this forum referred to Aston Villa as 'us'?

I have dreamed of this day...

I was in a meadow, spacing out to Lemon Jelly, whilst Myleene Klass read me Countdown Conundrums.

I checked my phone and a name that wasn't rodvik, AA or I referenced Villa in a post and it wasn't about David.

This needs celebrating. I'm going to toast myself a muffin.

Worst i have ever felt regarding Arsenal in recent years was the 08/09 season. Top of the league by 5 points, with our best squad since the Invincibles, playing sexy football every week, then we went to Birmingham and everything went downhill from then on.

Fuck Birmingham, cunts. Also beating us in the Carling Cup final a few years ago. Still don't know how we lost that match. :(

I was so pissed off after we lost to United under RDM last season, a disallowed goal, stupid sending off of Torres, we were completely screwed over. We didn't help ourselves by conceding two early goals + Branna sending off but we picked up and were the better team. Im convinced we would have won that match had the ref + assistants done their jobs properly.

Champions league final vs United was pretty gutting as well, for obvious reasons. It was clear Anelka didn't want to take a penalty, I don't blame Terry for missing it happens, but as a striker Anelka should have been one of the first to put his name forwards. He was a good player for us, but he can be so lazy and such a coward.

Worst i have ever felt regarding Arsenal in recent years was the 08/09 season. Top of the league by 5 points, with our best squad since the Invincibles, playing sexy football every week, then we went to Birmingham and everything went downhill from then on.

Fuck Birmingham, cunts. Also beating us in the Carling Cup final a few years ago. Still don't know how we lost that match. :(

I know how you lost it. It begins with K, ends with Y, and Kyoufu doesn't like him :p

Was the Birmingham match the Gallas hissyfit when you most needed him, as your captain, to lift everyone up?

@steve, that Anelka penalty is the worst I;ve ever seen for someone just doing the bare minimum from the spot and making sure they get it on target.

Arnie

Arsenal 4-4 was a bad one. Felt like we'd lost the league title. Went home and ran round Preston docks at like 11pm.

I know how you lost it. It begins with K, ends with Y, and Kyoufu doesn't like him :p

Was the Birmingham match the Gallas hissyfit when you most needed him, as your captain, to lift everyone up?

Tbf to Koscienly, he has improved massively. So fuck Kyoufu, he doesn't know a good player when he sees one. Hell, he supports that joke club for fucks sake :p

And yeah, Gallas was a huge cunt in that game. IIRC, the other players didn't really like him lol

L1NETT

Can't think of a specific match, but when Peter Taylor was in charge, we couldn't sink any lower. The whole crowd reacted badly every single week.

Fighting for your place in the football league is never pleasant, dark days indeed. We were so close to becoming a conference club.

I'll never forgive that cunt Macheda for that game against Aston Villa.

He's done 2 things in his career, both of them goals which kept Man Utd in pole position for the title and kept their momentum going when they looked to be on the periphary of falling over :(

Fuck you Aston Villa, and fuck you Sunderland.

L1NETT

That Macheda moment was some top level commentary.

Macheeeeeeeeda.

Another favoruite moment was Ji's goal against city in the dying moments. With similar commentary.

Jiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Tc91

That Macheda moment was some top level commentary.

Macheeeeeeeeda.

Another favoruite moment was Ji's goal against city in the dying moments. With similar commentary.

Jiiiiiiiiiiiiii

"Ji, Sessegnon for JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. He's round the goalkeeper, he's done it!!"

Watched that game at my dads and the look on his face when that went in LOL. Never seen anything like it. For the next hour all he could say is I can't believe it.

"Ji, Sessegnon for JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. He's round the goalkeeper, he's done it!!"

Watched that game at my dads and the look on his face when that went in LOL. Never seen anything like it. For the next hour all he could say is I can't believe it.

Wan't he like 30 yards offside as well?

Walshy

He's done 2 things in his career, both of them goals which kept Man Utd in pole position for the title and kept their momentum going when they looked to be on the periphary of falling over :(

Fuck you Aston Villa, and fuck you Sunderland.
You know what, that's the thing that annoys me. He did fuck all else for them.

Nyx

That's an easy question, the Dutch Cup final in 2002, FC Utrecht - Ajax.

Utrecht was the better team in that match and were 2-1 up in the 89th minute.
Then Ajax made a very obvious offside goal which EVERYBODY noticed but the linesman and ref: (the guy in offside position below scored)

pipo6qe.jpg

That goal was devastating for the Utrecht team and in the extra time Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored the 2-3 which meant Utrecht lost the final.

On the way back from De Kuip in Rotterdam me and my m8s didn't say a single word and I've seen adult men cry...

Then Ajax made a very obvious offside goal which EVERYBODY noticed but the linesman and ref: (the guy in offside position below scored)

pipo6qe.jpg

That goal was devastating for the Utrecht team and in the extra time Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored the 2-3 which meant Utrecht lost the final.

On the way back from De Kuip in Rotterdam me and my m8s didn't say a single word and I've seen adult men cry...

Wow.

That's a disgrace, to be frank.

@Splatt, 35 yards then :p

Nyx

Wow.

That's a disgrace, to be frank.

Everybody thought so but the Ajax fans. ;)

Anyway, Utrecht won the cup in the following two seasons which probably would not have happened if we won against Ajax, especially the cupfinal in the following season was ace and probably my best moment in football haha. (Utrecht - Feyenoord in their stadium, 4-1)

confuziz

Banned

pipo6qe.jpg

Typical ajax shit. You should be used to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom