• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

2004 CL Semi against Porto was pretty horrific. They were horrible diving cunts all game, we get a legitimate goal disallowed and then Howard fucking spunks the ball at the feet of Costinha and we were out. We should have won it that year.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Marca have secured quotes from Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas who claims the Welsh forward will not be leaving White Hart Lane this summer.

Gareth Bale is Real Madrid’s prime summer priority but Marca suggest president Florentino Perez will not make any more public pronouncements due to his relationship with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.

AVB says: “We have the chairman’s commitment that Bale will not leave the club.”
It is understood that AVB received another assurance that Bale will stay at Spurs after recent suggestions that the Portuguese coach would be off to take over at French champions PSG.

Checkmate. Now lets sign some new players.

Porto 04 or Bayer Leverkusen 02(?).

Those were bad.

More recently out loss to Wigan last season drove me nuts. A truly appalling and unacceptable performance, it was pathetic.

Nyx

Yeah, but don't forget about the shit penalty you guys were gifted. Typical Utrecht shit to forget that.

I have no clue what you are talking about.

Ha ha!

As a matter of fact, let's honor my greatest Utrecht hero of all time just for a moment:

11927_igor_507.jpg

Igoooooorrrr, Igooooorrrr

Linius

I must say, though it's only the Dutch cup this match is still very much alive in my memory. I remember my parents both went upstairs a few minutes before it would end but I got to stay up late and wanted to see it till the last second. Best decision I've made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a52yq2V3ceo

This moment is another one I'll never forget.

KLAAAAAS JAAAN <3

How is that not a penalty Linius?

They both went in shoulder to shoulder, not much to be said there imo. But I got to admit, this is a lousy angle in shit quality.

I must say, though it's only the Dutch cup this match is still very much alive in my memory. I remember my parents both went upstairs a few minutes before it would end but I got to stay up late and wanted to see it till the last second. Best decision I've made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a52yq2V3ceo

This moment is another one I'll never forget.

KLAAAAAS JAAAN <3

They both went in shoulder to shoulder, not much to be said there imo. But I got to admit, this is a lousy angle in shit quality.

Does Omhaal mean overhead?

Salazar

That Macheda moment was some top level commentary.

Macheeeeeeeeda.

I was rottered in a pub called O'Neills, in Oxford. I had stumbled across the road for a flapjack. I returned, having dodged traffic through pure luck rather than spatial awareness, to see that goal go in. It was fucking bliss.

Arnie

I was rottered in a pub called O'Neills, in Oxford. I had stumbled across the road for a flapjack. I returned, having dodged traffic through pure luck rather than spatial awareness, to see that goal go in. It was fucking bliss.

O'Neills is a chain. They do great food. I was actually on the roof terrace of O'Neills Preston just yesterday.

deGod

United vs barca champions league final I went out of the pub in anger and punched a pole ( not a pole as in a polish person but an actual pole)

Batigol

Banned
Robbie Savage league predictions:

1/utd
2/Chelsea
3/city
4/ars
5/liv
6/spurs
7ever
8/west h
9/villa
10/westb
11/fulham

15/sun
16/new
17/card
18/norw
19/hull
20/palace

This is messing with my head. How are there 20 teams without Stoke?!?

Edit : I'm an idiot. Never mind

Walshy

I know it's Tancredi but..

Tancredi Palmeri &#8207;@tancredipalmeri 1m
JUST IN: spanish court decided to charge Lionel Messi and his father for fiscal fraud

Tancredi Palmeri &#8207;@tancredipalmeri now
Lionel Messi is expected to be on court for tax fraud on September 17

That Joe Kinnear Guardian link is depressing. The guy is senile. The only solace is that he mentions the club might be sold soon, which would hopefully mean good things for Newcastle.

Edit: And then I realized it was from 2008. Newcastle are fucked and I'm a retard. Carry on.

Wilbur

Banned
Porto 04 or Bayer Leverkusen 02(?).

Those were bad.

More recently out loss to Wigan last season drove me nuts. A truly appalling and unacceptable performance, it was pathetic.

Yeah Porto and Wigan were awful. And then to follow it with absolute submission at the Etihad, it was just fucking unbelievable from a Fergie side.

05 final vs Arsenal was shit as well. That was a disgraceful season.

Yeah Porto and Wigan were awful. And then to follow it with absolute submission at the Etihad, it was just fucking unbelievable from a Fergie side.

05 final vs Arsenal was shit as well. That was a disgraceful season.

I never watched that Etihad match. Are reports of your lack of adventure exaggerated, or was it as bad as I was told?

Nyx

Footballing philosopher Edouard Duplan signed a new 2-year contract at Utrecht.

edouard-duplan(fc-utrecht)(3).jpg

Good news, he always scores important goals and is one of the most sympathetic guys in football.

Wilbur

Banned
That Joe Kinnear Guardian link is depressing. The guy is senile. The only solace is that he mentions the club might be sold soon, which would hopefully mean good things for Newcastle.

Edit: And then I realized it was from 2008. Newcastle are fucked and I'm a retard. Carry on.

:lol

I never watched that Etihad match. Are reports of your lack of adventure exaggerated, or was it as bad as I was told?

It was embarrassing. It wasnt even like a lot of games where we play shite but at least it's through general incompetence; we sat back and offered absolutely nothing past the halfway line. Played for the draw and paid for it. Even when they scored we still couldn't muster anything up. Abhorrent performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom