• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Corinthians accept Spurs bid for Paulinho. Thank you based Levy, an early signing in a key area. Now sign Soldado, Bernard and we can get this pre-season rolling. I know it's a Wenger cliche but if having Sandro and Kaboul back is already like two top class new signings, adding quality attacking players to that is going to put us in a great position for next season.

BOOM

Cocks out.

Just stop. Bale is ours
for 12 more months

kharma45

Yeah when the cunts steal all the money for the failed business they ran in to the ground

The Glazers have run United fairly well despite pulling a lot of money out of the club. Our revenues arguably would never have been at the levels they are now without them.

Unless united accept a lower valuation

Which if they've any sense they won't do unless it is Thiago himself forcing that issue.

Ushojax

Iago Falque is on our books, apparently he's been quite impressive for Almeria. His season's still going on, they are in a play-off for promotion. He looked good for us in the Europa.

Corinthians director of football Edu - a former Arsenal player - has confirmed that there have been further developments and a move to London now looks likely.

When asked about the interest from the White Hart Lane club, Edu told UOL: "The situation is well underway.

"We have to agree on some details of the negotiation, so I can't say he will leave yet, but the negotiations are good."

JUST HOOK IT TO MY VEINS

Sandro Paulinho
Dembele
Bale Soldado Bernard

hnnnnnngggggggg

Nothing will happen re:- Thiago on the weekend. Feels like it's loose ends that need to be tied up, get that shit done on Monday morning.

Weekend muppetry - who next? I kinda want Fellaini just so Arsenal can't have him. £24m. That's alright.

Even if United bid for Bale, Spurs will definitely reject it. Pointless exercise.
Pretty much but damn that would be good muppeting.

I'd start walking around like this.

Gareth-Bale-Celebration.jpg

kharma45

The fact that there is even talk of barca being in negoiations shows they have more power than just fuck all.

Talk from stupid people. There is no negotiation if we meet the clause which the club should do. The power that Barcelona can leverage is only with Thiago himself by promising more game time.

Even if United bid for Bale, Spurs will definitely reject it. Pointless exercise.

Yep Levy would hang us out to try ala Berba.

Clydefrog

Iago Falque is on our books, apparently he's been quite impressive for Almeria. His season's still going on, they are in a play-off for promotion. He looked good for us in the Europa.

JUST HOOK IT TO MY VEINS

Sandro Paulinho
Dembele
Bale Soldado Bernard

hnnnnnngggggggg

I'm not too thrilled about the Paulinho signing but I don't know why. lol :|

Soldado?!?

FootballFan

Thiago is back on the good side, he probably had to do a lot of convincing to include that Buy Back clause in his contract. Good work, already waiting for your return Thiago.

Ushojax

I'm not too thrilled about the Paulinho signing but I don't know why. lol :|

Soldado?!?

Paulinho is very good, he could be like Lampard for us, he's a great all round midfielder. We cockslapped most opposition midfields with Dembele and Sandro, adding Paulinho to the mix will make us almost invincible. Those three are all extremely accurate passers, can dribble and recover the ball as well.

Soldado is our main striker target now, Damiao is done with and Soldado is open to a move. If we pay £20m it will happen, and if Levy is spending £17m on a midfielder then I think Joe Lewis has loosened the pursestrings and given us some money to spend.

fucking quality

cheers boys
On the realio it's okay. Pleasant enough area, it's being developed quite alot at the moment. Quite close to the Stratford developments and East London is undergoing a kind of revitalisation so there are spots where it's becoming trendy.

There a downsides too but it's close to the City and living costs aren't crazy. Lot of young professionals living in that area so if you're thinking of staying near there for work it's a decent shout. Good for food too.

Depends where exactly though, specific areas are kinda shit. I don't know about these myself but one of my friends live there so if you have a place in mind I can try and get a bit more detailed info for you.

Suen

Thiago is back on the good side, he probably had to do a lot of convincing to include that Buy Back clause in his contract. Good work, already waiting for your return Thiago.
He will return to the bench and nothing else. Barcelona is no gentleman club.

Clydefrog

Paulinho is very good, he could be like Lampard for us, he's a great all round midfielder. We cockslapped most opposition midfields with Dembele and Sandro, adding Paulinho to the mix will make us almost invincible. Those three are all extremely accurate passers, can dribble and recover the ball as well.

Soldado is our main striker target now, Damiao is done with and Soldado is open to a move. If we pay £20m it will happen, and if Levy is spending £17m on a midfielder then I think Joe Lewis has loosened the pursestrings and given us some money to spend.

Awesome. I'm licking my lips at the thought of Soldado

Suen

Never been to these two places, but Whitechapel would be interesting, iirc that's where Jack The Ripper did all his killings, right?
Whitechapel has some interesting history during the time of Jack The Ripper. Also wasn't the place considered as shit back then? Poor, somewhat(?) lawless and all that and the place where all immigrants would end up in. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Arnie

On the realio it's okay. Pleasant enough area, it's being developed quite alot at the moment. Quite close to the Stratford developments and East London is undergoing a kind of revitalisation so there are spots where it's becoming trendy.

There a downsides too but it's close to the City and living costs aren't crazy. Lot of young professionals living in that area so if you're thinking of staying near there for work it's a decent shout. Good for food too.

Depends where exactly though, specific areas are kinda shit. I don't know about these myself but one of my friends live there so if you have a place in mind I can try and get a bit more detailed info for you.

Start work on July 3rd, still don't have a place. Using Spareroom.co.uk to find a flat and the most likely areas are Bethnal Green, Hoxton, and Camden. All are similarly priced (£130-150ish per week). Probably going to have to just sign for one this weekend so I can put it out of my mind, but chances are I'll be living in one of those grotty apartment blocks.

Wish I was just loaded and could buy a swanky pad in Islington near work.

Meier

I honestly don't believe Levy would sell within the PL. Even if United outbid Madrid, it's the wrong move going forward. It makes Spurs look weak and it strengthens a direct UCL position competitor for at least 6+ years.

How can they insert one of those if we're meeting a buy out clause? There ain't no negotiation.
Hard to say. No one has seen the contract. The buyout clause within Thiago's contract may have had some language that said it can be executed but has to have one in return or something along those lines.

K1LLER7

I honestly don't believe Levy would sell within the PL. Even if United outbid Madrid, it's the wrong move going forward. It makes Spurs look weak and it strengthens a competitor for at least 6+ years.
Have to consider Bale's choice too.

Apparently he likes United, maybe he'll be influenced by telling him we want him to be Giggsy's successor. Give him the #11 too.

Arnie

Usho, I want you to be prepared for Sandro to return at a level below what he was setting before his injury. Lucas was arguably the most effective defensive midfielder in the league before his ACL, and he returned noticeably diminished, even before that thigh injury that kept him out for slightly longer.

I don't think you can expect him to resume beast mode immediately.

Meier

Have to consider Bale's choice too.
Not really. Just turn down the transfers from United even if that's the only place he wants to go hypothetically. He's under contract and there is no buyout clause so the player'a wishes should never be a concern to the team. It's better to just sit his ass in reserves for years than for them to sell him to United.

Here's Spanish buy-out clauses explained:

Spain's buyout clauses have often been set up as a deterrent -- symbolic, gigantic figures to warn off suitors. Sergio Busquets has just renewed his deal with Barcelona for example and his buyout clause is now €150M ($204M). But they do also have a practical use. They form part of a legal framework and also a gentleman's agreement between clubs. Which is why the price is not always the price. Because clubs are not always gentlemanly about it.

Under the terms of that basic agreement, clubs accepted that another club which paid the buyout clause could sign a player without resistance. If it's €45M, you pay €45M and you take your player, no mess and no fuss. It is, essentially, a price set at which you say you will sell.

But you don't necessarily have to sell at that price; that agreement has a legal foundation that is a little different. At an informal level, the modus operandi has been altered since Real Madrid walked off with Luis Figo for the symbolic but just about manageable figure of 10,000M pesetas. The buyout clause remains, but the application of it is different.

Now most clubs are saying: this is the buyout clause, sure, but if you make a hostile bid, a bid that we do not welcome, we will force you to apply the clause legally. And when you apply the law legally, that is a different issue. When you apply the law legally, it is a different price.

That means one of two things, both of which increase the price. Firstly, it can mean adding the VAT at 18 percent. In the past, clubs have agreed to include VAT in the invoice for a player's transfer (which of course can be claimed back from the state). Now, if the bid is hostile, they will not. In other words, the buying club will have to pay the clause plus the 18 percent. So, Aguero's price rises from €45M to €53.1M ($72M).

The other option is for a club to simply refuse to sell -- until, that is, it is forced to. That's where the legal buyout clause kicks in, Decreto Real 1006/1985. But that decree is exactly what it says it is: a buyout clause. A player (not the club) deposits the money, the value of the buyout clause, at the Spanish league and unilaterally breaks his contract. That money, of course, would be given to him by the buying club in order to buy himself out. The problem is that as soon as that money hits his account it counts as income -- even if it is then deposited elsewhere. And so it is liable to taxation at 44 percent. In other words, the €45M is the amount left after taxation. That is to say that Aguero's overall cost is €80.2M ($109M).

The other factor that's significant is that the buyout clause is a Spanish agreement. When it comes to international transfers -- to bids from aboard like the one supposedly from Chelsea -- it is irrelevant. Except as a symbolic price, a reference point from which you can negotiate.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../29/atletico.buyouts/index.html#ixzz2WtRgWSMZ

VAT in Spain is 21% now I believe.

K1LLER7

Not really. Just turn down the transfers from United even if that's the only place he wants to go hypothetically. He's under contract and there is no buyout clause so the player'a wishes should never be a concern to the team. It's better to just sit his ass in reserves for years than for them to sell him to United.
Doubt we'll ever get him but he could make it public that he wants to leave. Even if he doesn't get the move, it could potentially decrease the sum Spurs get for him.

Also, if Barca are having discussions with United regarding the contract, Maybe United haven't triggered the release clause.

Clegg

I wonder what we'd do if Thiago decides not to join us. Would we keep looking for a technically gifted midfielder or change plans and go for a big hard bastard ala Fellaini?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom