• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

@CraigNorwood
Thiago Alcântara's father and agent were in Manchester last Thursday to discuss with United Officials about possible transfer/contract. Thiago's father Mazinho and his agent apparently stayed at the Lowry Hotel before returning to Spain last Friday afternoon.
Barcelona not going to make the transfer easy, but my word, having Thiago Alcântara in the middle with Michael Carrick excites me!

Dude works at United apparently.

Looking good

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Paulinho talking up Spurs:

The 24-year-old, who scored for Brazil against England in the 2-2 draw between the two sides this month, said: "I feel I am ready to experience football at the highest level in Europe and the opportunity to play in England is a dream.

"It's a great pleasure to be linked to such a great club like Tottenham. They have a reputation as one of the great clubs in England who play exciting, attacking football which suits my style. I couldn't turn them down if they made me an offer. It would be a fantastic opportunity to play for Tottenham."

Soon he will be ours and we will be ready to wee on United's midfield again.

Holy shits 9pm Channel 4 - The man with the 10 stone testicles.

Fuck yeah!!!

1403_randyWheelBarrowA.jpg

Ushojax

I'm surprised Spurs are spending £17m on Paulinho.

Alot of money. Good player obv but would have thought the priorities were elsewhere.

I think it's a good sign. With our obvious issues up front the fact that we are buying a quality midfielder as well suggests we have money to spend. I think Lewis has pulled his finger out a bit. We wouldn't be spending this much on a midfielder if we had limited funds.

Balotelli returning to Italy; he's out for the rest of the tournament, even if Italy do pull off a crazy upset.

I hope Montolivo doesn't play either. We already lost Abate for 2 months, we need to keep the injuries low. Such a stupid fucking tournament.

God damn Brazilians trying to injure our players. Cunts.

Slizz

I went to the parade in 2002. Never again.

This was a bad one. SO many people. Parade started late because not all the players and reps got there on time because of the traffic. Was listening to the broadcast on the radio and the guy who was supposed to do the parade segment was an hour late because of the traffic lol, had to have another guy fill in.

I think it's a good sign. With our obvious issues up front the fact that we are buying a quality midfielder as well suggests we have money to spend. I think Lewis has pulled his finger out a bit. We wouldn't be spending this much on a midfielder if we hadimired funds.
Yeah you would assume so.

So who is part of Spurs' CM now; Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, Parker, Huddlestone, Holtby, Livermore

Vying for 3, maybe 2 positions? Assume somebody is going to be let go.

Meier

Ooh Acheampong almost equalized. Apparently Anderlecht bought him this summer. I have a feeling he'll make a big move in a few years.

Peco

Balotelli returning to Italy; he's out for the rest of the tournament, even if Italy do pull off a crazy upset.

I hope Montolivo doesn't play either. We already lost Abate for 2 months, we need to keep the injuries low. Such a stupid fucking tournament.

God damn Brazilians trying to injure our players. Cunts.

I'm disgusted.

Ushojax

Yeah you would assume so.

So who is part of Spurs' CM now; Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, Parker, Huddlestone, Holtby, Livermore

Vying for 3, maybe 2 positions? Assume somebody is going to be let go.

I think Livermore will go on loan, and we will consider offers for Parker and Huddlestone, one being sold. Tom Carroll will also step up into the first team and if we move to a 433 then Gylfi will compete for a spot as well.

We need to add a wide forward like Bernard, a striker and that's about it. I'm only desperate to sell Naughton and Parker. We can get a lot more from players like Dempsey and Ade if they have a proper pre-season, the squad needs to be bulked up after the fire sale last summer. We just need to add quality.

Slizz

For real, what did Neymar do to Abate?

I was half-watching live, saw the replay multiple times and couldn't place it..... It's the opposite arm/shoulder that he landed on.

For real, what did Neymar do to Abate?

I was half-watching live, saw the replay multiple times and couldn't place it..... It's the opposite arm/shoulder that he landed on.

Neymar committed about 7 or 8 fouls himself during the game. The Abate injury was a late tackle by Neycunt that caused him to land on his shoulder. But it was more than that. During the first half, Brazil fouled every single time Italy got the ball. Montolivo got a concussion, Balotelli got a thigh injury when Dante kicked him in the buildup to Giaccherini's goal (when he had that ridiculous assist).

I couldn't believe my eyes at all the fouling that was going on. And yet the ref was giving Neymar the benefit of the doubt every time he dived (which was basically every foul called in his favor.)

Brazil is going to easily win the WC if refs go with the crowd as obviously as the guy did the other day.

BigBoss

Neymar committed about 7 or 8 fouls himself during the game. During the first half, Brazil fouled every single time Italy got the ball. Montolivo got a concussion, Balotelli got a thigh injury when Dante kicked him in the buildup to Giaccherini's goal.

I couldn't believe my eyes at all the fouling that was going on. And yet the ref was giving Neymar the benefit of the doubt every time he dived (which was basically every foul called in his favor.)

Brazil is going to easily win the WC if refs go with the crowd as obviously as the guy did the other day.

Don't worry, Uruguay is going to foul the shit out of Brazil, I imagine neither side will finish with 11 men.

I think Livermore will go on loan, and we will consider offers for Parker and Huddlestone, one being sold. Tom Carroll will also step up into the first team and if we move to a 433 then Gylfi will compete for a spot as well.

We need to add a wide forward like Bernard, a striker and that's about it. I'm only desperate to sell Naughton and Parker. We can get a lot more from players like Dempsey and Ade if they have a proper pre-season, the squad needs to be bulked up after the fire sale last summer. We just need to add quality.
Would be risky to sign two players from Brazil for a significant amount of money IMO.

Spurs should defo be after Soldado. There were links to Villa too right? Bit on the old side but would still be great I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom