• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Tbh that was the cherry on top. In the past couple seasons his blunders have increased in both number and WTFness.

I agree.

Top keepers shouldn't make those mistakes, and top clubs can't afford to either. When Spurs aren't getting Champions League with 72 points, and their keeper had such a stellar season, you realise just how little margin for error there is.

If Mignolet's as good as some people say he is, then it'll be a worthwhile signing. As I say, though, I'm not exactly an expert in judging him, because I only watch Sunderland when we play them.

K1LLER7

BNO41gTCIAA9gu6.jpg

Slizz

I agree.

Top keepers shouldn't make those mistakes, and top clubs can't afford to either. When Spurs aren't getting Champions League with 72 points, and their keeper had such a stellar season, you realise just how little margin for error there is.

If Mignolet's as good as some people say he is, then it'll be a worthwhile signing. As I say, though, I'm not exactly an expert in judging him, because I only watch Sunderland when we play them.

I think its a pretty damn good signing for Liverpool.

Weird to see Vorm just drop off peoples radar after an injury filled season.... Can't blame the clubs though.

Meier

This guy has huge balls. I feel so sorry for him. His situation is pretty horrific.

If it's the dude from the US, he recently had surgery done to make his balls normal-sized again but apparently his dick has shrunk to only 1" over the years. Howard Stern tried to raise the $1m for him to have the operation years ago but I'm not sure if he was the one who got him the money or what finally allowed him to do it. I know he used to sit on an overturned paint bucket with his balls in a hoodie, lol.

spidye

You're not out of that race either with your Lederhosen away kit lol

just wanted to post this

judging by pep's training kit
Pep-Hoeness-TAnzug_Diashow.jpg

our away shirt will probably be like the one bild leaked ages ago

Bayern-tRikot.jpeg

rumored with brown shorts *shudders*

exactly how heynckes' white and orange training kit looked like our away shirts

Arnie

It's not Sir Alex Ferguson, It's David Moyes
I think its a pretty damn good signing for Liverpool.

Weird to see Vorm just drop off peoples radar after an injury filled season.... Can't blame the clubs though.
Between you and me and every other fucker on here, I really rate Vorm and wouldn't have minded a move for him, but I think there'd be a sense of scepticism about Rodgers going for yet another former player.

just wanted to post this

judging by pep's training kit

our away shirt will probably be like the one bild leaked ages ago

Of course it will, that leak was legit and I thought everybody agreed on that.

I'm still waiting for the hilarity, though. Shorts that look like Lederhosen lol. I'm going to be disappointed because they're just brown, am I not :(?

spidye

Of course it will, that leak was legit and I thought everybody agreed on that.

I'm still waiting for the hilarity, though. Shorts that look like Lederhosen lol. I'm going to be disappointed because they're just brown, am I not :(?

for the sake of our eyes I hope you'll be disappointed

media.media.8fbb56a1-82c3-47e0-ace5-2b48660f591d.normalized.jpeg

oh god that cl jersey. puke

Slizz

It's not Sir Alex Ferguson, It's David Moyes

Between you and me and every other fucker on here, I really rate Vorm and wouldn't have minded a move for him, but I think there'd be a sense of scepticism about Rodgers going for yet another former player.

Pretty sure everyone rates Vorm here. Shoulder injury is tough though.

for the sake of our eyes I hope you'll be disappointed

media.media.8fbb56a1-82c3-47e0-ace5-2b48660f591d.normalized.jpeg

oh god that cl jersey. puke

Ahahaha, totally forgot about the CL shirt. That's some Warrior kind of shit right there lol

So three Germans are online and no one responds, I guess this player ain't worth it getting hyped for or something? :p

I've never heard of him, looked him up, found out he scored twice against our (rather bad) U19 team and shortly thought about posting that. But then decided that's what everyone can do lol

Linius

sorry, but I don't know that guy. never heard of him.

Ahahaha, totally forgot about the CL shirt. That's some Warrior kind of shit right there lol

I've never heard of him, looked him up, found out he scored twice against our (rather bad) U19 team and shortly thought about posting that. But then decided that's what everyone can do lol

I've never heard of him and there's very little information online. He's played for our U19 and has been injured quite a bit, that's all.

Well, yeah, this was pretty much what the media could come up with too. I'll just wait and see, the kiddo is 19 already so I do expect him to make it in the first team asap or bust.

Thanks for the replies.

Slizz

What is it about? Any other book recommendations, everyone? I finished reading 1Q84 and Ready Player One yesterday, need some new material.

I'm reading "Bone In The Throat" by Anthony Bourdain.

It's pretty good so far, mixes mob-life in NY around the 70-80's with restaurant/cooking business.

Clegg

Any other book recommendations, everyone? I finished reading 1Q84 and Ready Player One yesterday, need some new material.
It's a Neil Gaiman book so expect fantastical creatures and mysterious forces.

Its actually pretty hard to give a good synopsis of the book with out spoiling some things. I definitely enjoyed it though and I highly recommend it. Not very long either. Less than 250 pages.

Meier

It's pretty good so far, mixes mob-life in NY around the 70-80's with restaurant/cooking business.

I actually picked up where I left off in Medium Raw quite awhile ago this weekend and read a good 16% in a day. I can't believe it came out in 2010.. I started reading it shortly after it came out I think but I obviously put it down for awhile. He is a great writer -- will read Kitchen Confidential once I do finish this.

Slizz

I actually picked up where I left off in Medium Raw quite awhile ago this weekend and read a good 16% in a day. I can't believe it came out in 2010.. I started reading it shortly after it came out I think but I obviously put it down for awhile. He is a great writer -- will read Kitchen Confidential once I do finish this.

I read Kitchen Confidential before Bone In the Throat, gonna have to check out Medium Raw now.

Zabojnik

It's a Neil Gaiman book so expect fantastical creatures and mysterious forces.

Its actually pretty hard to give a good synopsis of the book with out spoiling some things. I definitely enjoyed it though and I highly recommend it. Not very long either. Less than 250 pages.

Thanks, putting them both on the list.

Have you ever tried William Gibson? Zero History/Pattern Recognition/Spook Country are great, somewhat (recent) books of his, set in a (sort of) contemporary world.

Long time Gibson reader! I quite like his recent output and I realize he couldn't have gone on writing cyberpunk forever. Still, Sprawl trilogy cannot be topped. :)

K1LLER7

Graham Stahp it!!!!

@GrahamHunter
On Thiago, It's well advanced, contract properly talked about, Thiago keen on going to United, holiday weekend and Mon in Spain.

He wants a meet with FCB to tell them his stance, which is to leave. It's the market, any deal can fall through. But so far its not.

Carbonox

Literally hovering my finger over ordering The Last of Us. Can't find it cheaper than £38 though, and no Zavvi codes to use. Should have probably kept my £30 preorder initially. Oh well.

Pay day this week so #yolo

Fuck all else gaming-wise until September. Surprised the game is out of stock on Game's site (not that I would order it there).

Salvadora

Still think Thiago is using this to get a better contract from Barcelona.

I'll believe he's going to United when I see him sign the dotted line.

Meier

I read Kitchen Confidential before Bone In the Throat, gonna have to check out Medium Raw now.

Yeah Medium Raw is essentially the follow-up to it but I don't feel like I've missed anything by not having read it previously. It's just his ramblings about different cooking-related stuff anyway. I love watching him on TV and his writing perfectly captures his persona (vice versa really). Haven't watched any of his new CNN show but I always enjoy anything of his I do watch.

Mastadon

Banned
Any other book recommendations, everyone? I finished reading 1Q84 and Ready Player One yesterday, need some new material.

Books that I have read lately and enjoyed:

Time and Again - Jack Finney
The Once and Future King - TH White
The Devil All the Time - Donald Ray Pollock
Lonesome Dove - Larry McMurty
Leviathan Wakes - S. A. Corey
Hemingsway's Boat - Paul Hendrickson
Wolf Hall - Hilary Mantel
2666 - Robert Bolano

That should keep you busy!

Arnie

Some rumours I'm seeing is that Chelsea is sniffing around Mkhitaryan as well :(
Fuck.

Why would they need him, they've got enough attacking midfielders as it is. Mourinho can do one.

Mad Men was top notch. What a show, best thing on telly for my money. Probably my favourite show of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom