• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtles

We may not have gotten Sturridge had we bought Dempsey.

From This Is Anfield:

When Liverpool missed out on signing Clint Dempsey last summer, many Liverpool fans were left furious. Having already shipped Carroll out on loan to West Ham (we really do owe West Ham, don’t we?) Brendan Rodgers was left with only Luis Suarez and Fabio Borini as strikers, and many doubted the squad contained enough goals.

Dempsey had just scored 17 league goals and been voted Fulham’s Player of the Season, but at 29, FSG weren’t prepared to meet the London club’s valuation. Cue hysteria.

As it turned out, Liverpool brought in the free-scoring Daniel Sturridge for a snip in January, recorded their highest goals for tally in four years and recouped half of the cash wasted on Carroll after his loan was a success.

Dempsey scored 7 goals in 29 appearances for Spurs and is now 30 years old. Silly FSG.

Arnie

Aye, you can throw all the figures at me in the world to try and tempt me into Dempsey, but after watching him last season, and looking at the signings we eventually made in his position I'm glad we didn't go for it.

What's everyone's favourite badge of another club? Mines is Kilmarnock, because what the fuck's going on here:

kilmarnock-badge.jpg

Squirrels? And a guy making a gun with his hand?

Wilbur

Banned
What's everyone's favourite badge of another club? Mines is Kilmarnock, because what the fuck's going on here:

kilmarnock-badge.jpg

Squirrels? And a guy making a gun with his hand?

Holy shit that's amazing

I like Norwich's. it looks like something an eight year old has done in paint.

Or Kolns with a bunch of fucking goats.

subtles

http://postandin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/kilmarnock-badge.jpg[IMG]

Squirrels? And a guy making a gun with his hand?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][IMG]http://www.aiacastello.it/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Sampdoria-logo.jpg

I love this badge.

Batigol

Banned
Dudes I'm proper being smothered. I'm even lying to her just so she won't text me in a while. I just want like one day when I can do my own thing on my own. Gonna have to break up I think :lol

Wes

venison crêpe
Dudes I'm proper being smothered. I'm even lying to her just so she won't text me in a while. I just want like one day when I can do my own thing on my own. Gonna have to break up I think :lol

Why don't you be up front and tell her you've got other plans today?

If she doesn't mind then you're still together. If she doesn't like it then the relationship will likely end anyway.

Wilbur

Banned

Yeah it sounds like it. Problem is that you're going to have to get through the hump when you aren't seeing her at all.

LTWheels

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 1m
For all those with asking about Mkhitaryan's future @arturpetrosyan is well worth following.

Artur Petrosyan ‏@arturpetrosyan 11m
When Henrikh signs for #LFC I'll say what other English club were after him and you all will be proud of him.

Artur Petrosyan ‏@arturpetrosyan 8m
I hope I was right using "when" instead of "if". Can't add anything else for now, let's cross fingers and wait.

Wes

venison crêpe
For all those with asking about Mkhitaryan's future @arturpetrosyan is well worth following.

When Henrikh signs for #LFC I'll say what other English club were after him and you all will be proud of him.

I hope I was right using "when" instead of "if". Can't add anything else for now, let's cross fingers and wait.

I saw someone refer to him as Micky Targaryen. I'm sticking with that.

Arnie

Cock in hand.

And not even about Micky.

Spain U20s, motherfucka

Is there any way to hide this bar on the Fifa player? It's right in the way the incompetent, corrupt fucks.

Wes

venison crêpe
Newcastle United fans meeting tonight. JK sent someone in his place. Scaredy cat.

Hope fufu is there with his scout notes for Aubameyang.

subtles

We'll be proud of him? That would either refer to a club with a lot of money or Manchester United. Since United are after Thiago I'm guessing City since Isco is probably Madrid bound?

Hearing reports of 10 million and 12 million offers for Wanyama to Southampton. I'd say 10's probably right
If he is actually 21, looks about 30 and you know what Africans are like with ages :p

bjaelke

Itshappening.gif

Other English club is QPR

Facism

Gold Member
whoever was doing the newcastle accent last night during TLOU multi had me giggling like a fucked twat.

And again this morning when it popped into my head.

whoever was doing the newcastle accent last night during TLOU multi had me giggling like a fucked twat.

And again this morning when it popped into my head.

I had to watch Hixx chase after someone all game earlier cause they had NUFC in there name! He was shouting "I am going to get that fucking mag" down the headset the whole time :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom