• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Getting Roma flashbacks. Brought in some great players for them at the dawn of the new millenium. Batistuta, Emerson, Samuel, Chivu, Mancini, Mexes. Although I'm sure Capello played a huge part in that.

I honestly think he is going to do a great job. We don't need to have Levy bludgeoning other chairmen to death anymore.

AVB x Levy x Baldini seems like a good set-up, both the manager and chairman wanted this appointment very much.

operon

I don't know whether the rest of us should feel happy or sad about being left out of the list of footy gaf in the last few pages

bjaelke

MBRRdt0.png

TadkV.gif

Okay.

I'd like to have him, but I don't see the need at the moment. He is the type Rodgers likes, but we now have Coutinho, Sterling, Aspas and Luis Alberto, who can all play in that position. I guess none would make it "theirs" like Tello could, though.
Yeah I doubt he would leave at the moment anyway.

Liverpool's squad is pretty big at the moment with the new signings, lots of players who are young/we don't know much about. Will be interesting to see how they get on next year.

GorillaJu

Dont do this to me. Dont become utd gaf

I shall attempt not to.

Truth be told I think he'll be left scratching his head a bit, with the Neymar signing. He's the same age and it's going to cut into his playing time quite a bit, and he may be looking for an out so he can play his football.

I also think he's not good enough to get the amount of time he needs in the first team to really develop.

And I also think we're probably not genuinely interested in him at the moment, but I could be wrong there.

But I don't like muppetting over players at other clubs in front of their fans. Mkh is fair game as we don't have any Shakthar fans here, iirc. But I'll just wait and see if anything happens with Defalafel or Tello. I suspect Tello will continue to be linked as Rodgers does seem to really rate him as journalists constantly bring up.

Messi

I shall attempt not to.

Truth be told I think he'll be left scratching his head a bit, with the Neymar signing. He's the same age and it's going to cut into his playing time quite a bit, and he may be looking for an out so he can play his football.

I also think he's not good enough to get the amount of time he needs in the first team to really develop.

And I also think we're probably not genuinely interested in him at the moment, but I could be wrong there.

But I don't like muppetting over players at other clubs in front of their fans. Mkh is fair game as we don't have any Shakthar fans here, iirc. But I'll just wait and see if anything happens with Defalafel or Tello. I suspect Tello will continue to be linked as Rodgers does seem to really rate him as journalists constantly bring up.

To be fair I rate him very highly. I rate him higher than anyone we have had on the left recently, be it sanchez, villa or iniesta (only when he is on the wing, in midfield he is untouchable). I am sure he is a bit peeved by the signing of Neymar but the writing has been on the wall for some time with Neymar. Also right now he plays mostly as a great impact sub what with his great pace and Neymar wont be able to play every game and all the mins. I hope he stays and continues to develop, he is a great talent. Reminds me of Pedro a few years back. Hopefully he is not another Bojan.

I would not mind seeing him on loan at Liverpool. Rodgers seems to know how to treat players well.

GorillaJu

To be fair I rate him very highly. I rate him higher than anyone we have had on the left recently, be it sanchez, villa or iniesta (only when he is on the wing, in midfield he is untouchable). I am sure he is a bit peeved by the signing of Neymar but the writing has been on the wall for some time with Neymar. Also right now he plays mostly as a great impact sub what with his great pace and Neymar wont be able to play every game and all the mins. I hope he stays and continues to develop, he is a great talent. Reminds me of Pedro a few years back. Hopefully he is not another Bojan.

I would not mind seeing him on loan at Liverpool. Rodgers seems to know how to treat players well.

With the amount of players we have in that position, especially some of them being recent signings, I'd really hope we aren't looking to loan a 21 year old, regardless of who it is.

dc89

City Store 2.0 opens today at The Etihad.
Complete with Nike boot room and customised boot options thanks to a new stitching machine.

Stand by for PR. :p

Mike Keegan ‏@mikekeeganmen 1m
United will be unveiling a new 'global commercial partner' on David Moyes' first day (Monday). #mufc

Well, it's a signing I suppose...

Messi

The last of Us

:(

I am about 8 hours deep and the girl who plays Ellie should be given some award. Props to naughty dog for the amazing visuals in the game also. Constantly stunned by the character models.

GorillaJu

It would have to be pretty bombay to beat my current GOTY - Metal Gear Rising

If MGR is your game of the gen then TLOU won't beat it since your priorities are in different places.

Actually TLOU has many similarities in gameplay to MGS3. If you liked that game, then...

I really need to get MGR. Will wait for PC version.

Carbonox

If MGR is your game of the gen then TLOU won't beat it since your priorities are in different places.

Actually TLOU has many similarities in gameplay to MGS3. If you liked that game, then...

I really need to get MGR. Will wait for PC version.

MGS3 is one of the best games ever.

Action games like DMC and MGR have always been my preferential type of game, so I'm more inclined to focus on them more than other types. I can still appreciate a good game no matter the genre though.

GorillaJu

MGS3 is one of the best games ever.

Action games like DMC and MGR have always been my preferential type of game, so I'm more inclined to focus on them more than other types. I can still appreciate a good game no matter the genre though.

What did you think of DmC?

Arnie

Rumour was that there was a buy out clause in his contract, but he is unsure if he wants to leave La Liga.

Graham Hunter said the other day that Rodgers is 'obsessed' with him apparently.
I've seen enough of Delafail to know that he's both simultaneously an amazing talent, and incredibly raw. The number of chances he fluffs, when he really should be finishing, is incredible. By my reckoning he misses two clear cut chances a game, but then he goes and sticks in one that he had no right to do.

I think he'll be brilliant eventually, I don't know if he's good enough now to be worth the hassle it would take to sign him. Doesn't surprise me that Rodgers is obsessed.

If we could get him, though, it'd make our little band of foetus' look even more impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom