• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

I've seen enough of Delafail to know that he's both simultaneously an amazing talent, and incredibly raw. The number of chances he fluffs, when he really should be finishing, is incredible. By my reckoning he misses two clear cut chances a game, but then he goes and sticks in one that he had no right to do.

I think he'll be brilliant eventually, I don't know if he's good enough now to be worth the hassle it would take to sign him. Doesn't surprise me that Rodgers is obsessed.

If we could get him, though, it'd make our little band of foetus' look even more impressive.
We get another chance to watch him tonight against France U20. At least the first half, as the Confed semi kicks off an hour later.

Arnie

We get another chance to watch him tonight against France U20. At least the first half, as the Confed semi kicks off an hour later.

Think the U20s kick off at 6pm, and the senior side at 8pm. At least according to Soccerway.

And I won't really be concentrating on Deulofeu...

suso.gif

p.s why are we always linked with players who're fucking tricky as to spell

Feorax

I guess we aren't planning on using him wide then. Sturridge (target man), Borini (poacher) and Aspas (Suarez lite) should give us plenty of options up front next season.

Also suggests that even if Suarez stays, his days of leading the line are over, would likely be him and Alberto (or Mkhitaryan if he joins) out wide.

GTFO Assaidi, we need the number 11 back.

Kenka

The CL Semi-Final? Here you go (archives in 100 page format)

Man, 2008/2009 was the last year of the great Football Threads.

Cornballer
hadareud
Karakand
Manager
Yazan
QVT
h0pper
SupahBlah
Blablurn
Cedeo
Wes
Frenck
Steroyd
TDG
Batongen
Falch
Osorio
Magicked
gigapower
woodchuck
liquid_gears
Greyface
-Kh-
bjaelke
celestial body
Shinobi
Ryck
MrPing1000

Just some of the many greats. I miss speaking to a lot of them on a regular basis. Now I'm stuck with blablurn and bjaelke and the like.
Those names...

n502596aebbbf7.gif

So Juve-bros, how the fuck do we fit in Tevez and Llorente with a MVPP midfield? Marchisio cant play second striker now, and Pogba needs to be given a starter slot.

We don't, is how. MVPP is not going to happen, and it only happened as a result of us having no good strikers. One of Llorente or Tevez will always start, and we'll rotate our midfield again between MVPP.

3-5-2 (Serie A)

--------------BUFFON--------------
-----BARZ----BON----CHIELL--
LICHT-------------------------ASA--
------VIDAL--PIRLO--MARC----
----------TEVEZ (VUC/GIO)------
------LLORENTE (VUCIQUAG)-

4-3-3 CL

LICH---BARZ---CHIEL----KOLAR(?)
-------VIDAL--PIRLO--MARC---
TEVEZ(PEPE)-------------VUC----
----------LLORENTE(QUAG)----

Is my bet.

I read a story on GdS last night that quoted Marry as saying they offered to loan Kolarov as well but we turned them down. Talksport are saying that Juve may bid £9m for him. I love Aleks' attacking abilities but obviously he is a liability defensively. A real beauty sending in those poison balls though.

If we do sell him, it'll be interesting to see what we do about another LB. Could see us then going for that Radu guy at Lazio that we've been linked with who can play both it and CB.

Radu is good, but not great. I really wish we signed Kolarov as we need a proper LB for a 4-3-3. De Ceglie is bound to be on his way out and Asamoah has the pace for LWB but probably not the defensive prowess for a proper LB.

TeegsD

So out of nowhere, we've signed Fredy Montero. I didn't think we would sign one of my favorite MLS players and he's plenty capable at the front.

I don't know who Padoin is, but rumor is we might be sending him back to Atalanta. MARRYYYYYYYYYYY

Yeah but we signed Peluso permanently. I wonder if we did that because we're not going to get a proper LB... or just in case?

Padoin, yeah lets give him back. As long as we keep Giaccherini.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
(Quotes from twitter and FI)
Kia Joorabchian (Carlitos agent): Milan are a little angry? I’m sorry if that is the case, but Carlitos wanted to join Juventus. This isn't the first time we spoke to them. We had tried several times.

Anzhi really wanted him too, a club where he would have earned a lot more money (x3 apparently), but he wanted a club rich in tradition as he plays with his heart. Here he will play with great players like Buffon, Pirlo and Pogba
Okay so the last one is made up

Carlitos chose Juventus because he still wants to win in Europe before returning to Boca Juniors. He wants to help the club win their third Scudetto in a row.

Monaco? Yes, they were also there. We saw each other and discussed him, but the offer from the Bianconeri was the most engaging.”

Despite the result against Bayern, Juve were the ones who put them in most difficulty (we did? ://). They lacked a bit which Tevez can provide.

-
Tevez " I'd like to thank Juventus and Man City for bringing me here

I'm aware of the responsibility of the 10 shirt. The greatest challege is to do well in such a great club. I wore Maradona's 10 shirt at Boca so I know the importance of what this shirt means at this great club.

I don't want to forget Del Piero who last wore this shirt, a player who I greatly respect. So I'm honored to wear this shirt"

bjaelke

PSV apparently want to take Assaidi on loan from Liverpool. Notsureifwant.jpg

My ITK says it a straight swap with Strootman.

---

Real Madrid C.F. @realmadriden
Real Madrid C.F. & Málaga C. F. have reached an agreement for the transfer of Isco who will play for the Whites for the next 5 seasons.

kharma45

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
3-5-2 (Serie A)

-----BARZ----BON----CHIELL--
LICHT-------------------------ASA--
------VIDAL--PIRLO--MARC----
----------TEVEZ (VUC/GIO)------
------LLORENTE (VUCIQUAG)-

4-3-3 CL

LICH---BARZ---CHIEL----KOLAR(?)
-------VIDAL--PIRLO--MARC---
TEVEZ(PEPE)-------------VUC----
----------LLORENTE(QUAG)----

Is my bet.

OH MY GOD ALL OVER MY FACE

Don't bother with Quag, I bet he's leaving with Matri (</3).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

---

Real Madrid C.F. & Málaga C. F. have reached an agreement for the transfer of Isco who will play for the Whites for the next 5 seasons.

Txiki is flopping big time. A winger who gets panic attacks and a midfielder from the Ukranian league. For £50m.

Some things never change.

Feorax

Txiki is flopping big time. A winger who gets panic attacks and a midfielder from the Ukranian league. For £50m.

Some things never change.

To be fair, Man City's scouts all upped and left to join our transfer commitie about a year ago.

From us or Arsenal?

Doesn't specify. I've never believed this deal was as dead as it was made out to be though, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was us.

K1LLER7

---

United will do the same as Madrid have done.

Ancelloti was presented and the day after the signing announced.

Expect some signings to be announced after Moysey's presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom