• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

Just been reading that Rangers have sold their 6,000 allocation for our friendly game at Hillsborough.

Fucking fair play that, although I always knew they'd sell it anyway. Really looking forward to that match. Even with their recent troubles it's a far better friendly than our usual encounters against the likes of fucking Stoke and Wigan.

Thats awesome. Such great support.

Arnie

12m was already too high

The only thing too high is you.

Baines is the best left back in the league. Just because he isn't a striker, or because he's English, doesn't mean he's only worth that price. Also factoring in how important he is to Everton, and how cash hungry they are, you're simply wrong.

Baines is a £15 million + player.

Tc91

Yeah man, wash and condition before the cut, coke, wine, champagne if you want during and tip was included. Remember I haven't got my hair cut in at least 3-4 months.

Champagne?! Where the hell do you get your hair cut.

Mine costs around £22 I have shampoo and conditioner before the cut aswell.

Slizz

I should clarify, champagne only comes from Champagne, sparkling wine. Cheap shit. It's literally like a 20 minute walk from my house.

Marotta: "When I arrived at Juve, things were difficult. I will never forget the rejections from some players. Today players ask to join us"

Someone hold me :'(((((((((

God we were so shit.

Dear sweet Marry. Just a couple of frees and some shrewd purchases have made him 10x the DoS that Alessio Secco was.

Kolarov said:
“I am happy at City but I want to play regularly, as I said to Roberto Mancini. I'm in contact with my agent and soon we will understand what will happen. Money is not everything in life and I have no problem in revising my salary. Simply I want a place in the starting line-up.

marotta-juventus-lapresse.jpg

Lunchbox

Banned
The only thing too high is you.

Baines is the best left back in the league. Just because he isn't a striker, or because he's English, doesn't mean he's only worth that price. Also factoring in how important he is to Everton, and how cash hungry they are, you're simply wrong.

Baines is a £15 million + player.
he is 28 turning 29, that will give him 2, 3 years Max in the position he plays where is he expected to bomb forward then comeback and defend the likes of hazard, navas and robben.

15 million for that is a liverpool like joke signing that fergie would never make. If moyes does that I'll know what to expect from this club and his ambitions for the future

he should be focusing on thiago, strootman and scouting the next da silva twins. Not leighton fucking baines from kirkby

Arnie

he is 28 turning 29, that will give him 2, 3 years Max in the position he plays where is he expected to bomb forward then comeback and defend the likes of hazard, navas and robben.

15 million for that is a liverpool like joke signing that fergie would never make. If moyes does that I'll know what to expect from this club and his ambitions for the future

he should be focusing on thiago, strootman and scouting the next da silva twins. Not leighton fucking baines from kirkby

Forget where he was born, Baines is this year's RVP. They're the same sort of signing, the best in the league in their position, but already in the peak of their careers. Don't talk shit, either, Ferguson wanted Baines and would've probably paid £15 million if Evra was truly at the end of the line. Which he now is.

What are ya'll watching?

£10 for me. I can shampoo and condition my own hair. Never understood why you'd want that done at the shop before the cut: you'll have to wash your hair to get the clippings out anyway!

He likes the guy and thinks he will fit United can't blame him for that.

It says nothing about his ambition that's stupid.

Meier

The US are getting crushed by Ghana but 3Sixty can be pleased that Cropper is having a great game despite the 2-0 deficit.

Rumours circulating that Ogbonna to Juve by next Tuesday. I'd love to have him, but I'd be hard pressed to imagine that he'd get much playing time over Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini in a back three.... Certainly Barzagli at 32 isn't getting any younger, though.

Lunchbox

Banned
Forget where he was born, Baines is this year's RVP. They're the same sort of signing, the best in the league in their position, but already in the peak of their careers. Don't talk shit, either, Ferguson wanted Baines and would've probably paid £15 million if Evra was truly at the end of the line. Which he now is.
you support the sort of club that signs the likes of henderson, joe Allen, borini, sahin, toure, joe cole, carroll and Charlie Adams of this world and then have the audacity to defend them

so don't fucking lecture me on quality signings. a ferguson signing would be baines from 2 years ago. not a soon to be 29 year old left back. rvp plays upfront where speed is not his main skill set, so he works. baines will be getting nutmegged in the champions league by the end of next December

know your role in this world and enjoy midtable signings, but don't expect others to do the same. but if this a sign of things to come ill be joining you in hoping for a 6th place finish and a milk cup run very soon

you support the sort of club that signs the likes of henderson, joe Allen, borini, sahin, toure, joe cole, carroll and Charlie Adams of this world and then have the audacity to defend them

so don't fucking lecture me on quality signings. a ferguson signing would be baines from 2 years ago. not a soon to be 29 year old left back. rvp plays upfront where speed is not his main skill set, so he works. baines will be getting nutmegged in the champions league by the end of next December

know your role in this world and enjoy midtable signings, but don't expect others to do the same. but if this a sign of things to come ill be joining you in hoping for a 6th place finish and a milk cup run very soon

damn-gif-o.gif

Bo-Locks

I really don't want to believe that we're going to spend £30m on a centre back and a left back. It's not that Baines isn't a great player, but it's just not the area that needs strengthening. Get your ass back from Miami and wrap up the Thiago/Strootman deals, then you can go muppetting on Mersyside, Moyes.

Ultimatum

Banned

I love Baines, but I really don't agree that it's a similar signing to RVP. Baines has a tough job in his position, it requires a lot of pace which will likely decline in the next couple of years. RVP on the other hand is not so reliant on pace, he has a style of football which won't be too negatively effected when he loses some of his pace, which means he will be a valuable player for longer than Baines. I think 15m is as high as he could go for, and I do think he is good enough for Manchester United but it feels like a very temporary fix for their problem of LB (which I agree is a problem, Evra is getting worse and has big flaws in his defensive play).

What do you guys use to keep up with transfer news? I use Goal.com but I don't like their website and news is very slow sometimes

On another note, I wish top teams would leave their leagues and a new league forms consisting of CL teams but they play it out in a normal league format. PL is getting really boring.

3Sixty

Bet on football first time in ages.

1860 Munich / Winning
Helsingborg / Winning
Spain U20 / Winning
Honka / Won
Malmo / 3-1 down.

Malmo plz.

Arnie

I really don't want to believe that we're going to spend £30m on a centre back and a left back. It's not that Baines isn't a great player, but it's just not the area that needs strengthening. Get your ass back from Miami and wrap up the Thiago/Strootman deals, then you can go muppetting on Mersyside, Moyes.
Horse shit, Evra, Vidic, and Rio are decrepit.

Just because you want star signings like Thiago doesn't change that fact, and Moyes is a football manager, not Chevrolet, he needs a competent squad not a star face to sell shirts.

No point even responding to Lunchbox because he thinks signing Baines is like signing Borini. Boy just watches Ronaldo videos from glory supporter HQ crying because he didn't get Mourinho.

Salvadora

I'm surprised at the backlash against the Baines bid.

Your left backs are sorely lacking in the defending department and you could be due a payday from Monaco for Evra. Cash in while you still can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom