• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

i'm going to be really salty if we pay out the ass for Baines. he's not even worth 12m.

manchester-united.png

Meier

Baines is worth 15m IMO. He's the best LB in the league.

Some of these people are insane. He's worth at least 15m. He has at least a full contract left of top tier football in him and has gotten better with age. There are only a few clubs in the world who wouldn't be improved by adding him to their team.

Lunchbox

Banned
typical bindipper response with nothing to add and resorting to the same familiar well you're just a glory hunter anyways. sad that it takes 2 posts to bring that out nowadays instead of the 2 pages. 7th place and kolo toure will do that to you

wish I could watch nuri sahin Dortmund videos instead of Ronaldo ones though. would've made me a proper this is our year muppet.

I aint gonna complain too much if we get him.

I think we can hang on for another season for a CB if we can't get the right guy.

Focus has to be on CM also a CAM or Ronaldo who can chip in with goals to take the pressure off RVP especially if Rooney leaves.

Arnie

typical bindipper response with nothing to add and resorting to the same familiar well you're just a glory hunter anyways. sad that it takes 2 posts to bring that out nowadays instead of the 2 pages. 7th place and kolo toure will do that to you

wish I could watch nuri sahin Dortmund videos instead of Ronaldo ones though. would've made me a proper this is our year muppet.

Erm, you compared signing Leighton Baines to signing Henderson, Allen, Borini et al. There's no point dwelling on idiocy. I'm fairly certain you don't actually watch football.

And you are a glory supporter, should be first post really, I'm being lenient. Best is when you bring out your manc slang like you're Urmston's finest. You've been reading too much redcafe. But please continue with it because it'd inadvertently hilarious.

Probably your one redeeming quality.

he is 28 turning 29, that will give him 2, 3 years Max in the position he plays where is he expected to bomb forward then comeback and defend the likes of hazard, navas and robben.

15 million for that is a liverpool like joke signing that fergie would never make.
If moyes does that I'll know what to expect from this club and his ambitions for the future

he should be focusing on thiago, strootman and scouting the next da silva twins. Not leighton fucking baines from kirkby

images

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Giaccherini is a decent wingback, but he's obviously not better than De Sciglio defensively. I sure hope Prandelli knows what he's doing.

Just been reading that Rangers have sold their 6,000 allocation for our friendly game at Hillsborough.

Fucking fair play that, although I always knew they'd sell it anyway. Really looking forward to that match. Even with their recent troubles it's a far better friendly than our usual encounters against the likes of fucking Stoke and Wigan.

Everyone wants to go to boo McCabe :p

Lunchbox

Banned
Lunchbox has lost it. I think Moyes has already deflated him. Beautiful.
it's sad because they had the exact same topic on redcafe fearing the worst thing about fergie going will be that united will now start going for these no value signings

this isn't man city, there's still a huge loan bill stacked up and a limited transfer budget every year. fergie managed that, but one bad season would turn us into Leeds united.

Baineses is awesome.

We should defo get him. I don't think we should much more than £15m though. If we had to then I think I'd rather go for an FM wonder kid.

D_prOdigy

Would love Baines. LOVE him.

It's not exactly the position we need major spending on though. Ideally, Fabio is still the future.

If Fabio's not gonna get properly blooded in next season though then go for it. Evra's goal-scoring last term was a sticking plaster for some suspect (to say the least) defensive performances.

subtles

Three at the back is brilliant when it comes to playing against two strikers as it ensures you have a spare man to cover, it also makes bringing out the ball easier. Spain however will drag that back line all over the place if they don't sit deep. This is going to be hard for Italy.

It's not exactly the position we need major spending on though. Ideally, Fabio is still the future.

If Fabio's not gonna get properly blooded in next season though then go for it. Evra's goal-scoring last term was a sticking plaster for some suspect (to say the least) defensive performances.
It's too soon to know if Fabio is gonna make it. Evra is on his last legs.

But yeah I would rather spend in CM/wing than LB.

Slizz

It's too soon to know if Fabio is gonna make it. Evra is on his last legs.

But yeah I would rather spend in CM/wing than LB.

Baines is better than all our LB options right now. 2 are young however so you never know the development. I think Fabio can do it. Buttner shows flashes(mainly attacking) but could be a great backup.

jtb

Banned
Baines is quality. Everton's loss if they sell him.

Does Fellaini have a release clause? Now that the giant gaping hole where a striker should have gone looks to be filled (*knocks on wood*), he's basically my next dream signing. Get on it, Arsene!

kharma45

Fabio's best games for us were often at RB, he can shadow Rafael there whilst Baines does his stuff down the left.

Batigol

Banned
We don't have money, or the flexibility, to spend recklessly.

£20m for Baines is too much IMO. Although I can understand why he is worth that much to Everton.

10 is too much. He's 29 this year. Fair play to Everton though since they'll get double figures for him.

Brinbe

Wouldn't spend that much on Baines either, especially when he's already 28. There are plenty of options out there that much younger. You wanna replace Patty, you want someone for the long-term.

Salvadora

We don't have money, or the flexibility, to spend recklessly.

£20m for Baines is too much IMO. Although I can understand why he is worth that much to Everton.

Eh, can't say I see it.

Presumably you wouldn't have Baines, Buttner & Evra so the later would move on. Any move would finance this deal.

You usually spend around £50m, right? Throw in a few player sales and you've got a nice kitty there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom