• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Paulinho:

'To play in England for a great team like Tottenham is a dream. What I respect about Tottenham is the ambition they have shown.
'This summer there has been interest in their coach and their best player - and they have been clear they both are not going anywhere.
'When my agent made me aware that Tottenham were interested I knew it would not be a move that I could turn down.

Excellent. Seems personal terms with Villa have been agreed as well, now we have to sort out the fee. I doubt Levy will pay more than £10m.

I see we're being linked with the Armenian again but I still don't see that happening.

Carbonox

Paulinho:

Excellent. Seems personal terms with Villa have been agreed as well, now we have to sort out the fee. I doubt Levy will pay more than £10m.

I see we're being linked with the Armenian again but I still don't see that happening.

I didn't realise Spurs were so far along with Villa. I thought it was just speculation up to this point.

Looking forward to seeing Spurs next season. Could this be the season they truly give a whack at the title? Would be nice to see them finish above Arsenal consistently now. :lol

Newcastle are interested in Leroy Fer (Twente)

Pfft, if #BasedKinnear truly wanted to make a splash, he'd have everyone hurry up and seal deals for Aubameyang, Zouma and Belhanda.

A bit of advice : Never watch Only God Forgives. Probably the worst movie I have ever seen.

That bad eh? I heard it was shite from pretty much everyone who saw it at Cannes. Shame as it sounded interesting.

Ushojax

I didn't realise Spurs were so far along with Villa. I thought it was just speculation up to this point.

Looking forward to seeing Spurs next season. Could this be the season they truly give a whack at the title? Would be nice to see them finish above Arsenal consistently now. :lol

I think we improved a lot as a team last season. After a poor first third where we lost 5 times we lost just two of the last 22 matches. With a deeper squad the Europa won't take such a toll and provided Sandro and Kaboul come back fit we should be able to start the season well.

It's going to be a fascinating season because without Ferguson the whole playing field is leveled. There wasn't much between City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs last season, and it seems like all the teams are making the right signings. I can't wait another 2 months for it to start...

rodvik

Looks like we are in for bellend after all. Hmm.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...handa-to-decide-between-England-and-Abu-Dhabi

"But now it is claimed that the club have accepted offers from two clubs - with reports suggesting it is Villa and a new option in the shape of Abu Dhabi club Al Jazira.

"My decision is imminent, I have still got the time to think a bit but I will stand by the decision I will take," 23-year-old Belhanda said.

"I wanted to play in the Premier League, I have the opportunity so let's see."

Not sure if want....

Mastadon

Banned
I think we improved a lot as a team last season. After a poor first third where we lost 5 times we lost just two of the last 22 matches. With a deeper squad the Europa won't take such a toll and provided Sandro and Kaboul come back fit we should be able to start the season well.

It's going to be a fascinating season because without Ferguson the whole playing field is leveled. There wasn't much between City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs last season, and it seems like all the teams are making the right signings. I can't wait another 2 months for it to start...

I'm not sure you can rely on Sandro coming back and playing at the same level he was at pre-injury. I'm hoping that a full preseason for Lucas will help him return to his best.

Ushojax

Huddlestone to Sunderland? Wouldn't be a bad move. I'd still prefer to keep him ahead of Parker but I guess with Tom Carroll, Holtby and Paulinho he's never going to play.

Best passer of a ball Spurs have had in the PL. Amazing range and accuracy.

I'm not sure you can rely on Sandro coming back and playing at the same level he was at pre-injury. I'm hoping that a full preseason for Lucas will help him return to his best.

That's what Paulinho's for, baby.

Paulinho Dembele
Holtby

That's more than good enough to handle most PL games while the Beast gets back in the swing of things. Lucas got messed up because Liverpool had nobody competent covering for him, he had to be rushed back in.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve-bros, what are we going to do with Giovinco?

:(

Shake is right, his best bet is a LF in a 4-3-3, other than that he's just a decent option on the bench.

He's boss at drawing fouls, let's give him that.

C_3_Media_1733297_immagine_obig.jpg

Beautiful
watch
I fucking love our new shirt. LOVE IT!
a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_pirlocoolpen.gif

Too beautiful for this world.
Its like he is burdened with the task of playing with mere mortals. Sexy beast.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Admit it guys, he was a class above everyone on the pitch. Including Xavi and the Spanish Giaccherini.

Mastadon

Banned
That's what Paulinho's for, baby.

Paulinho Dembele
Holtby

That's more than good enough to handle most PL games while the Beast gets back in the swing of things. Lucas got messed up because Liverpool had nobody competent covering for him, he had to be rushed back in.

Er, are you forgetting Joe Allen?

God I hope we sign a backup DM this year lol

Salazar

Thiagos and Baineses wouldn't be a bad start to the summer.

I've been imagining ZahALLAH putting in 40% Bebe 60% Garrincha shifts down the right.

Fuck Valencia tbh.

Baineses would free us up further up the formation on the left, because he could be counted on to provide.* Hope he is having words with Kenwright.

*I mean, Evra gets forward, but can't begin to match Baineses's amount and quality of product.

Good news for finances in Spanish football:

Spanish football to move to collective sale of TV rights

Miguel Cardenal, president of Spain's Sports Council, said on Thursday that he wants to present the new law by the end of this year to give the league more power over the individual clubs.

Currently, Barcelona and Real Madrid earn several times more than the rest of Spain's clubs from TV rights which they sell individually in contrast to the collective model in the UK (although that still delivers more to top clubs).

Barcelona and Real Madrid make a reported 140 million euros ($182 million) each from television revenues, while the next-highest earner, Atletico Madrid, makes 47 million euros ($61 million) and minnow Rayo Vallecano just 14 million euros ($18.2 million). The two top earners have shared the last nine league titles between them.

Spain's football clubs have reduced their tax debts by 80 million euros ($140 million) but still owe the tax office around 670 million euros ($874 million). Cardenal said that having the league control TV revenues would increase transparency and improve the state's ability to collect on its tax bills.

'The centralization (of TV rights) would let the public administrations be the first to get paid, he said. 'Thirty-five percent of revenues from TV rights won't be passed on to the clubs that can't show they are up to date on their payments.'

Cardenal also said the government's new plan for sustainability has set a target of reducing the debt of Spain's football leagues from 4 billion euros ($5.2 billion) to 3 million euros ($3.9 million) by 2016.

However the bad news is:

n order to achieve this goal, Cardenal said the government's plan called for clubs to slash their collective budget for the season from 750 million euros ($975 million) to 650 million euros ($845 million).

However, Cardenal acknowledged that the push to balance club finances would lead to more top players being sold to foreign leagues and to the widening of the competition gap between Barcelona and Madrid and all the rest.

'Real Madrid and Barcelona have a level of debt that is acceptable given their capacity to earn revenues'" he said. '(The plan calls for) a reduction of 12-13 percent affecting most of the other teams, and some of them will say they have to sell players.' This could mean that any benefits to such clubs resulting from the change in the television deal could be cancelled out.

Juve-bros, what are we going to do with Giovinco? It feels like we have this moral obligation to give him one more year, since we brought him back home. I can live with him being the 4th/5th striker, I guess, but I'd rather we sold him while we can still get decent money. He's not bad, he's just not good enough. I remain convinced that the only role that suits him is LWF. He's not a proper striker.

Arkon on suicide watch.

Like Yurt said, Shake is probably right. Giovinco will get maybe 30 games total across competitions, with about a bit more than half coming off the bench, if everyone remains healthy and performs to a high standard. Yeah, he'd be good as a LWF in 4-3-3 because he's great on the ball and can put in accurate crosses, and link up decently well with strikers. He'd offer an alternative to Vucinic in that role, who would seem in my mind who would be more willing to have a crack on goal from a distance if given the space.

But I would just go out and sell him. He's the definition of a mid-table striker: when the whole team works for him, since he's the most talented player on the squad, he'll put them into the back of the net like they're nothing. But he can't handle not being the singular focus of the squad. I think if we have the opportunity we should just give him to Fiorentina in a part exchange for Jovetic. But Conte likes Giovinco and is going to give him another go. That's guaranteed.

C_3_Media_1733297_immagine_obig.jpg

Beautiful
watch

When I see Tevez's face I'm always expecting this massive, fat dude. But he's remarkably trim and it always surprises me.

GorillaJu

I think Digital Foundry is the Zonal Marking of video games.

It should be interesting, but it's just monotonous and every article is the same fuckin thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom