• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

confuziz

Banned
“For example, Dutch player Kevin Strootman is really sought-after in Italy, but the semi-final showed we are better than the Dutch, as we beat them.

What a load of bullshit. Italy needed all the luck in the world to beat the U-21 team.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
“For example, Dutch player Kevin Strootman is really sought-after in Italy, but the semi-final showed we are better than the Dutch, as we beat them.

What a load of bullshit. Italy needed all the luck in the world to beat the U-21 team.

What do you expect him to say? He's mad they're shipping him off.

GorillaJu

All they needed was

Fabio-Borini.jpg

Carbonox

Wait, is Fifa 13 already updated with the Monaco transfers?

Yeah EA have surprisingly been doing alright keeping up to date with the latest transfers, though there are still many that have yet to be done (Toure to Liverpool, Carroll to West Ham, Alberto to Liverpool, etc.).

GorillaJu

Yeah EA have surprisingly been doing alright keeping up to date with the latest transfers, though there are still many that have yet to be done (Toure to Liverpool, Carroll to West Ham, Alberto to Liverpool, etc.).

Weird. I assumed that they would just say "want the summer transfers? buy Fifa 14!"

Slizz

Fifa has Navas on City, Tevez still too. Neymar last time I checked was still on Santos. They've been gradually updating sure signings.

Italy has a place for young Italian players: it's called Serie B.

We need our big teams to create real reserve teams where our young players can get a run out in our own system (reserve teams MUST use the same formation as first team). Restrictions on promotions, of course, are necessary, but why do we think the Pozzo family bought Watford and Granada, and De Laurentiis from Napoli wants to buy an English club? Because the Primavera system is functionally useless.

Italy has a place for young Italian players: it's called Serie B.

We need our big teams to create real reserve teams where our young players can get a run out in our own system (reserve teams MUST use the same formation as first team). Restrictions on promotions, of course, are necessary, but why do we think the Pozzo family bought Watford and Granada, and De Laurentiis from Napoli wants to buy an English club? Because the Primavera system is functionally useless.

I generally agree with you, but Donati's example is unique. Who else is Inturd going to play at RB? They finished 9th place, surely Donati was good enough for them. 2 million euro is embarrassing, I would be insulted too if my club disposed of me for nothing after impressing so much at the Euros. Fuck that club.

Apart from the problems with the lack of a reserve league, Italy still has the problem that even when players are indeed "good enough" to play, they are benched nonetheless. Primarily Inturd is the biggest offender here, because they never incorporate youth players but also have one of the best youth squads at the Primavera level every year. Imagine if Milan had treated De Sciglio the way that Inturd treated Donati or Santon. Would've been a huge loss for the league.

Wilbur

Banned
Arsenal fans always posting about Higuain
Liverpool fans always posting about Mhikartaryan
Real Madrid fans always being cunts

Thiago posts EVERYWHERE

why :(

I am basically about to have my dinner anyway!

I want someone who

a) Starts playing when the round starts
b) Heals his teammates instead of cowering in a corner
c) Doesn't move around when you're trying to heal them

Sorry bro :p

You can join me and Wilbs :)

Do you guys not live in the same house btw? Sometimes FW disconnects and Wilbu stays connected

Wilbur

Banned
I want someone who

Do you guys not live in the same house btw? Sometimes FW disconnects and Wilbu stays connected

He's upstairs further away from the wireless box thing, think that's it

I want someone who

It's because my PS3 has shit internet upstairs. Range is not good enough :(

and fuck you bro :p

I forgot to mention, Inturd ignores their own youth players but then goes out and spends money on 18 year old Kovacic, who they throw into the starting lineup right away. Donati is correct in his criticisms of the club, for some reason they place a much higher value on foreign young players than their own.

I generally agree with you, but Donati's example is unique. Who else is Inturd going to play at RB? They finished 9th place, surely Donati was good enough for them. 2 million euro is embarrassing, I would be insulted too if my club disposed of me for nothing after impressing so much at the Euros. Fuck that club.

Apart from the problems with the lack of a reserve league, Italy still has the problem that even when players are indeed "good enough" to play, they are benched nonetheless. Imagine if Milan had treated De Sciglio the way that Inturd treated Donati or Santon. Would've been a huge loss for the league.

Well, precisely. Milan did well with De Sciglio as Juve have done well with Pogba, and Insigne have done with Napoli, and Udinese does well with half their squad. There is a certain lack of patience we have in Serie A, as with Santon who has turned out to be quite a decent winger, but in some respect this is an Inter problem more than anything. Arnautovic is another example.

But a reserve league solves a lot of these problems.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well, precisely. Milan did well with De Sciglio as Juve have done well with Pogba, and Insigne have done with Napoli, and Udinese does well with half their squad. There is a certain lack of patience we have in Serie A, as with Santon who has turned out to be quite a decent winger, but in some respect this is an Inter problem more than anything. Arnautovic is another example.

But a reserve league solves a lot of these problems.

Fuck Pogba I WANT MARRONE!

_688cb4d898efedfa296c6f1598328365.gif

tumblr_m47edycffZ1r30r4xo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom