• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
999820_623352647689867_594615270_n.jpg
]

Nearly there for The next season. Let' Go!!!!

Thank-You-Jesus.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Those first few games are horrible when you're expecting a reccurence of the injury whenever they go faster than a light jog

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to that. But he'll get over it. Nothing is going to stop this guy trying to win the ball and to dominate the opposition.

The original injury was one of those 'plant-twist' freak ones, those can happen to anyone at anytime. If he's unlucky enough for that to happen again, there's nothing we can do. He's young and a hard worker, if Vidic can recover so well from a far more catastrophic knee injury then I'm sure Sandro will be able to. Paulinho will also take some of the pressure off him.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to that. But he'll get over it. Nothing is going to stop this guy trying to win the ball and to dominate the opposition.

The original injury was one of those 'plant-twist' freak ones, those can happen to anyone at anytime. If he's unlucky enough for that to happen again, there's nothing we can do. He's young and a hard worker, if Vidic can recover so well from a far more catastrophic knee injury then I'm sure Sandro will be able to. Paulinho will also take some of the pressure off him.

#Lucas&SandroWC2014Starters&Winners

:D

I hope to God Lucas can continue his improvement. He was pretty mediocre when he came back, but has improved with every game and will hopefully be back to his pre-injury standard by the end of the year.

Scum

Thanks to Fire Emblem I ended up falling asleep at a shitty time this morning. I'm half awake feeling eugh.

I'm at a crossroads

After I finish TLoU, should I carry on with my backlog, or replay Ico + SotC, this time in HD?

Deleted Dead Space 2/3, DMC1-4 and RE6 from the backlog. They're never gonna happen

Should have kept DMC 1 & 3. DMC4 was pretty good too, but why the bloody hell did you buy RE6?

Arnie

Won't matter when Coutinho's defying physics with it.
#Lucas&SandroWC2014Starters&Winners

:D

I hope to God Lucas can continue his improvement. He was pretty mediocre when he came back, but has improved with every game and will hopefully be back to his pre-injury standard by the end of the year.

I love Lucas but I still don't think he's close to the level he was at when he did his knee. I don't see him dominating games like he used to, and his tackling isn't as forceful or bold. He's a way off, yet. I think a lot of it is still a confidence issue, but I can't help but feel he's less agile than he was.

Thanks to Fire Emblem I ended up falling asleep at a shitty time this morning. I'm half awake feeling eugh.

Should have kept DMC 1 & 3. DMC4 was pretty good too, but why the bloody hell did you buy RE6?

I still have the DMCs on the shelf, PS2 versions though

Haven't bought RE6 or DS3, they were on the 'games to buy' list with Ni No Kuni, Bioshock Infinte, Tomb Raider and Nier

Metro were stupid enough to publish those fake kits from yesterday. As I said before, the FA won't let you have a sponsor that takes up half the shirt

I love Lucas but I still don't think he's close to the level he was at when he did his knee. I don't see him dominating games like he used to, and his tackling isn't as forceful or bold. He's a way off, yet. I think a lot of it is still a confidence issue, but I can't help but feel he's less agile than he was.

I know, he was getting better every game though, and has an entire preseason schedule to spend with our physios since he's out of the Brazil loop. I don't think its unreasonable to hope he's back to normal by January

Arnie

Your manager is leaving to drive cars
looool

Thought that was a bit of a snide thing to come out with. As a fan the last thing you want to hear is how your manager is counting down the days till he can jet off across a desert in some batmobile.
I know, he was getting better every game though, and has an entire preseason schedule to spend with our physios since he's out of the Brazil loop. I don't think its unreasonable to hope he's back to normal by January
I think it's nice to want things, but I think he's had long enough without an injury to suggest that he might never get back to the level he was at pre-injury, which was exceptional. I'd love it if he got back to his best, but like I say I think he's a bit less agile now, and a bit less forceful with how he throws his body about.

Speaking about footballs
Two Russian teenagers have been arrested in Moscow after cutting the head off a homeless man before using the severed head as a football.

According to reports, the two unnamed teen girls used an ax, a saw and knives to decapitate a homeless man ”because they didn’t like the look of him.”

Having committed the brutal murder, the duo upped the stomach-churning levels on the psychopath ladder by using the victims head as a football as they mucked about in a street in the east of the Russian capital. The murderers eventually disposed of the head by kicking into a rubbish bin, whilst they left the lifeless corpse on the road.

The pair were apprehended when police followed a trail of blood to their apartment, where officers are said to have found the murder weapons in the blood-soaked flat.

The tabloid Komsomolskaya Pravda reported that the two suspects had been drinking, while three bystanders witnessed the evil events.

The search continues for the victim’s head, which was taken away by a garbage truck in the morning, preventing the man’s identification.

Wilbur

Banned
Revenge of the Sith was well borin. I genuinely think Phantom Menace is the best of the prequels.

Still guff but yeah

Fucking Star Wars. Star Trek Into Darkness was better than all of them.

Arnie

Revenge of the Sith was well borin. I genuinely think Phantom Menace is the best of the prequels.

Still guff but yeah

Fucking Star Wars. Star Trek Into Darkness was better than all of them.

I think they're all a bit pants but still watchable. I'm not a Star Wars boffin, though, so I don't get offended by Jar Jar Binks, just like I didn't mind the crazy T-Rex in Jurassic Park 3.

I almost fell asleep during Into Darkness, and I hadn't had any tea. Wasn't good conditions to watch it in, and it affected my enjoyment of it.

Best site to watch this third-place match?

Fucking BBC3, why can;t they just adjust it so they can show this match?

@Wilbz, watched 5 minutes of AotC yesterday. The CGI was diabolical even for a 2002 film. It was filmed and acted like a parody

GQman2121

Banned
Why are you made of marshmallow?

I could walk with an umbrella to the bars a block away, but the sports bar that I watch games at is on the other side of the harbor. I normally ride my bike there. I could call for a car, but that's $15-20 with the downtown traffic. It's only a mile away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom