• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea join El Shaarawy race

ic4z3jbrvvccyetsbv.gif

Clegg

Arsenal would be my preferred English club for Rooney to go to.

They're far enough behind us that they wouldn't be a threat even with Rooney. I'd rather we didn't sell to a premier league team though. And I don't think we will either.

Suen

Milan would have to be fucking nuts to sell Shawarma. If it happens I hope they won't even make it through the CL qualifications.

We don't know what he wants.
Andy Mitten is saying he wants Chelsea - got a decent record with United related stuff. Was also saying Arsenal would make that bid a couple of days ago.

Makes sense too really, Chelsea would be a preferred destination for him on almost all counts. Better money, better team. Everything else is level...same city, would defo start for both.

Salvadora

I know a Rooney move to somewhere is most likely, but as far as I know Arsenal targeted Higuain as their new striker.

I don't narrowly follow EPL rumours :p
It's part of our title push.
Andy Mitten is saying he wants Chelsea - got a decent record with United related stuff. Was also saying Arsenal would make that bid a couple of days ago.

Makes sense too really, Chelsea would be a preferred destination for him on almost all counts. Better money, better team. Everything else is level...same city, would defo start for both.
A Chelsea offer may never materialise.

I still think we will refuse to sell to either - although it could get interesting if Rooney starts to make life difficult.

Would be surprised if he attempts to push through a move to Arsenal though. Can't imagine they'd pay him anything close to what he wants (in addition to him taking a knock on the playing side of things).

Clegg

Rooney would only go to a premier league club that can realistically challenge for major honours and can offer big money.

That leaves only City and Chelsea as possible destinations. And we're not selling to either of them.

Batigol

Banned
Arbeloa is gonna get eviscerated by Neymar later :lol

I still can't fathom how he gets in their squad, let alone first team. Some kind of sorcery

I'd only sell him to an English club if they offered silly money like £40m from him.
Even then I wouldn't.

Although I appreciate there may come a time where we have to. But the idea of selling him to a rival is plain wrong. If I knew that £40m would go straight into the transfer kitty perhaps I'd feel better about it but I doubt that would happen.

kharma45

Even then I wouldn't.

Although I appreciate there may come a time where we have to. But the idea of selling him to a rival is plain wrong. If I knew that £40m would go straight into the transfer kitty perhaps I'd feel better about it but I doubt that would happen.

Selling him to a rival is wrong as he can still be a good player, and it weakens us and strengthens someone else. The £40m I was hypothesising would be used for transfers, and we could get one top or two good players for that.

Still, I hope he goes to somewhere like PSG or Monaco. Attractive places to live and they're clubs with big money.

Wes

venison crêpe
Just read the Distin story on The Sun's website. for anyone who missed it:

FOOTBALL star Sylvain Distin had a three-year fling with a blonde after telling her he was a MILKMAN.

The Everton love cheat later claimed he was a professional TENNIS PLAYER and a CYCLIST.

When trusting Katie Hulne saw a snap of the £45,000-a-week French defender in his kit he said it was his twin.

Absolutely hilarious.

His worth as a player is near enough to £25m-£30m.

His worth when it comes to selling him to a rival team in the same league is a totally different thing.

Arnie

If Chelsea had bid £22m for Torres when they were in for him would you consider it reasonable?

The two aren't close to being comparable.

Rooney isn't your main striker, has been out of form for longer than a few months, has well publicised fitness issues, and as a club you aren't desperate to keep him. The majority of your fanbase have been goading clubs to bid for him; Liverpool feared bids for Torres, and his price reflected our reluctance to deal.

£22 million is a fair opening bid for Rooney, and I think if he went for £25 million you'd be extremely happy.

Well if Suarez is worth £50m+ to you it is. He's not on top of his game but he's worth at least £25m at very worst, probably closer to £30m.
This makes no sense at all.

If Suarez is worth £50 million to Liverpool then an initial bid of £22 million for a £25 million player is derisory?

Good place to start negotiations, stop moaning, nobody's coming in with a £27 million straight away.

If you think that you're fooling yourself.

#bringronniehome

The two aren't close to being comparable.

Rooney isn't your main striker, has been out of form for longer than a few months, has well publicised fitness issues, and as a club you aren't desperate to keep him. The majority of your fanbase have been goading clubs to bid for him; Liverpool feared bids for Torres, and his price reflected our reluctance to deal.

£22 million is a fair opening bid for Rooney, and I think if he went for £25 million you'd be extremely happy.
Think you're wrong here.

Don't think there's a chance we sell him to either Arsenal or Chelsea for £25m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom