• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtles

You must've forgotten the time when Hoeneß accused Daum of using drugs/cocaine. He got shit on, he got threatened, he and his family got harassed. He's not all-powerful. If Daum hadn't proposed a drug test Hoeneß could've gone down, probably would've gone down since everyone who knew/suspected this didn't come out to support/help Hoeneß.

I also don't recall Hoeneß ruining the career of one of our players. I'm not ruling it out, but examples would be nice. He's not a saint (tax evasion, "rough" business ethics), but he's far from the devil some people have made him out to be.

"Ruining" may have been too strong a word. If you remember when Bayern bought Luca Toni, Podoloski was benched (even after recovering from his injury) as the coached preferred to play him with Klose. Lucio went on to have his best season with Inter after not having a place at Bayern. Mario Gomez played second fiddle to Mandzukic, he now feels it's time to move. There are other examples but I can't think of them right now. (My apologies)

What I've noticed is the trend of capable players who are initially benched for a new signing, the player then leaves. The process is repeated again and again.The purpose is always initially declared as depth. It may provide depth, yes, but what purpose do Gotze and Lewa serve when Bayern have Kroos/Muller and Mandzukic? They also prefer to buy domestically from strong rivals rather than from abroad. How does that benefit the league? Does one really begin to believe Hoeneß cares?

If it weren't for Van Gaal, believe me, many of the first team players today may have been sold (as I am sure you are aware). He breathed new life into Kroos and Schweinsteiger. Muller and Badstuber were about to be transferred before Van Gaal made them mainstays in the team. Many Bayern fans seem to forget what he has done for the team despite those who sat in the boardroom.

Wilbur

Banned
Mata and Cesc? What a waste of money.

I wish Barcelona went back to entertaining me instead of being the relentless cunt machine they are now. I have such fond memories of Ronaldinho and Deco, Eto'o and Henry... Neymar might be good for that at least aha.

Busquets becoming far more important to Barca since Xavi's started his decline, Cesc has to be stepping in soon surely. The Mata stuff is pretty nonsense I'm sure, would be absolutely peak times for Cesc to be replaced again looooooooooool

K1LLER7

I wish Barcelona went back to entertaining me instead of being the relentless cunt machine they are now. I have such fond memories of Ronaldinho and Deco, Eto'o and Henry... Neymar might be good for that at least aha.

Busquets becoming far more important to Barca since Xavi's started his decline, Cesc has to be stepping in soon surely. The Mata stuff is pretty nonsense I'm sure, would be absolutely peak times for Cesc to be replaced again looooooooooool
He's Thiago's replacement

Thiago - Carrick midfield next season.

ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff 4m

Kevin Strootman's heart remains set on a move to the Premier League despite interest from across Europe. [itv]

ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff 3m

Strootman's agent: "He is focussed on England because that would suit his style, he has the physique, the character & the fitness for it."

ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff 3m

United's chief scout Jim Lawlor saw Kevin Strootman in action against Russia during the European Under-21 Championships. [itv]

YES YES YES

Salazar

Black or brown shoes?

The only time I care about shoe colour is dinner suit time, when the choice (black) is made for me.

my shoe rotation said:
jr5eLFl.jpg
Q231aEC.jpg
RwIZ8RC.jpg

morsel is your man. I just voraciously buy indigo workwear, chinos, soft leather shoes, and the occasional blazer. I don't actually know what I'm doing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
God, I hope Al Qaeda kidnaps Marotta. /AndersON

And I hope we pay his ransom money in 5 installments.
Peluso 2013/14 | The North Star | filmed on a Nokia Lumia

Juve posted Isla highlights this season.

35 seconds....lol.

Edit: Team Winter here. :)

Wilbur

Banned
Some school kids behind me are discussing having sex with their 5 year old daughter for 15 billion. The one who said he's tempted is called nathan loooooool

IT'S AN EPIDEMIC

YES YES YES

Hnnnnnnngggggghhhhhh. It's time. The last two guys we bought from PSV were RVN and Park, weren't they?

3 FOR 3

FootballFan

Coincidence that back then we weren't kicking your ass like we di...nevermind. :p

I am serious when I say that you are the only non-Madrid fan I've seen to actually want them to win their 10th CL. It's like you don't even think about the aftermath, just how incredibly annoying they'd be.

It would be worse and much more annoying than:

Bayern GIFs/Pulga-FF arguments/anti-football vs beautiful football/Neymar hype/arguments with mods about the word cunt/the Ommie situation etc. all combined.

And I agree with your second paragraph.

confuziz

Banned
Jeremain Lens for 9 million euros to Dynamo Kiev.

Solid deal. We need the money for Maher.

1 gone, 3 remaining (Toivonen/Strootman/Mertens).

See what happens when you bitch about Pardew's 8 year contract, Newcastle fans?

Mike Ashley serves you up the most enormous shit sandwich:

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 2m

#NUFC say Kinnear "senior executive in charge of all football-related matters. Graham Carr and Alan Pardew will report into Joe."

subtles

first of all which bayern documentary?

second, I was not talking about hoeneß. bayern is above hoeneß. I don't want to protect him and I don't need to. why should I?

you can talk about the players he has courted over the years as much as you want. I couldn't care less. that's not my problem with your statement.

I was sighing at bayern only buying players to weaken the opponent. take the last signings of bayern. Mandzukic, Martinez, Dante. all of them were starters of the treble winning team.
and if you think we signed götze just to weaken dortmund then I don't know what to say to you.

The documentary was on Jazeera sports, I don't know the name.

No, the sole purpose is not about weakening Dortmund. Gotze is a brilliant player that any team would love to have. However, I refer to the politics of the whole ordeal. Hoeneß says the league should have competition. Borussia Mönchengladbach turn up with one of the best defences in the Bundesliga, Dante is bought by Bayern. Mandzukic was at Wolfsburg. Bayern were courting both Martinez and Bender and could have ended up with Bender instead of Martinez. Martinez's situation made him much easier.

What effect would buying Lewa and Gotze off of Dortmund have do you believe?

I also ask you this, is it true that the leak to Bild was from Hoeneß? What purpose would that serve before a game against Madrid?

Sole purpose, no. But you have to admire the business acumen of the man. Strengthen yourself while weakening your rivals, no?

Wilbur

Banned
Coincidence that back then we weren't kicking your ass like we di...nevermind. :p

I am serious when I say that you are the only non-Madrid fan I've seen to actually want them to win their 10th CL. It's like you don't even think about the aftermath, just how incredibly annoying they'd be.

It would be worse and much more annoying than:

Bayern GIFs/Pulga-FF arguments/anti-football vs beautiful football/Neymar hype/arguments with mods about the word cunt/the Ommie situation etc. all combined.

And I agree with your second paragraph.

Build a bridge though

To be honest I'm not fucked about them winning anymore, but last season there was outgoing Mou who I love for some reason, and I wanted Ronnie to win it. Bearing in mind the two most likely candidates, Barca and Bayern, were ones I didn't want to, so Madrid were kinda my great white hope. They can get fucked now after that MPW post, I went in H.A.M. on Madrid the fucking turkeys

GorillaJu

Haha that's awesome.

Sal give me advice on formal wear I need to start buying clothes for work soon.

Black or brown shoes?

Brown. Brown shoes look better with age and can go with damn near any suit color – the only exception being a black suit, which is too dismal-looking for a work office anyway.

Black should only be worn in the evening or on very formal occasions. Especially under tungsten and flourescent lighting, which makes black fabrics almost green in hue. Unless you went to the really high end (like Loro Piana or high quality English textile makers), you'll almost never find a deep, inky black.

You should have black shoes, but it'd be best to get 2-3 brown pairs first. A 3:1 ratio is good to maintain and could even be considered conservative when you think about how many different tints tones and shades of brown leather there are.

Lightning

Banned
Build a bridge though

To be honest I'm not fucked about them winning anymore, but last season there was outgoing Mou who I love for some reason, and I wanted Ronnie to win it. Bearing in mind the two most likely candidates, Barca and Bayern, were ones I didn't want to, so Madrid were kinda my great white hope. They can get fucked now after that MPW post, I went in H.A.M. on Madrid the fucking turkeys
What MPW post?

FootballFan

Wtf at taking off Tim Cahill...

He even thought it was an error in the substitute sign machine thing. lol Pretty angry at the coach.

Brown. Brown shoes look better with age and can go with damn near any suit color – the only exception being a black suit, which is too dismal-looking for a work office anyway.

Black should only be worn in the evening or on very formal occasions. Especially under tungsten and flourescent lighting, which makes black fabrics almost green in hue. Unless you went to the really high end (like Loro Piana or high quality English textile makers), you'll almost never find a deep, inky black.

You should have black shoes, but it'd be best to get 2-3 brown pairs first. A 3:1 ratio is good to maintain and could even be considered conservative when you think about how many different tints tones and shades of brown leather there are.
Okay chill man I'm buying one pair right now.

I have a pair of black and brown already but I bought them when I was still at school so you know, they're ugly.

FootballFan

Build a bridge though

:lol don't use my phrases against me. I'll beat you up
in The Last of Us

Arnie

Okay chill man I'm buying one pair right now.

I have a pair of black and brown already but I bought them when I was still at school so you know, they're ugly.

I'm going into Manc to buy a naughty pair of brownies tomorrow. Already got some brown suede so going to go with leather. Fancy a pair of new levi's too.

GorillaJu

Sometimes I wish I didn't have a GF so I could play games and watch movies when I come home from work.

Does she give you shit for it? I used to hide my habits from previous gf's but my girl now likes to watch the games with storylines and actually likes hearing about eSports drama, gamer reactions to new games, etc.

Even though she's terrible at them. :lol I used to try and get her to play co-OP games with me but I just gave up and now have a stock of comics for her to read so she's not so bore when I'm playing Dota.

Man, I really must stop reading BVB forums. It's really terrible at the moment. Normally, they mainly post interesting articles but it's a mess now lol.

It's 50% guys that are in panic mode because we haven't signed someone yet (except Sokratis who nobody cares for lol) and the other 50% are guys that post stuff like "believe in Zorc/Klopp/Watzke, they have done fantastic in the past, it's terrible not to trust them", etc.

Save us Mourinho

confuziz

Banned
Does she give you shit for it? I used to hide my habits from previous gf's but my girl now likes to watch the games with storylines and actually likes hearing about eSports drama, gamer reactions to new games, etc.

Even though she's terrible at them. :lol I used to try and get her to play co-OP games with me but I just gave up and now have a stock of comics for her to read so she's not so bore when I'm playing Dota.

she HATES football. Caps and bolded yes. I can't watch any game when she is around.

She dislikes games but sometimes plays co-op with me. She just does it to please me though.

Messi

Man, I really must stop reading BVB forums. It's really terrible at the moment. Normally, they mainly post interesting articles but it's a mess now lol.

It's 50% guys that are in panic mode because we haven't signed someone yet (except Sokratis who nobody cares for lol) and the other 50% are guys that post stuff like "believe in Zorc/Klopp/Watzke, they have done fantastic in the past, it's terrible not to trust them", etc.

Save us Mourinho

Why the panic? You guys were just in the CL final.

Edit: Is the FBI guy in season 1 of Boardwalk Empire, The baddie in man of steel?

subtles

Save us Mourinho

It's not even July yet. The longer this goes on the longer I feel for their sanity though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom