• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I think Cazorla is a wonderful player but he doesn't impose himself on games enough. Sometimes, like specifically the 3-1 away win at West Ham, he was absolutely world class and he does enough over the course of a season to justify getting good marks. But - especially in the big games and Europe surprisingly - he doesn't really get involved

Mastadon

Banned
No. He's extremely inconsistent. Some games you literally do not notice him, others he's world class. That's not exaggerating.

The Echo are reporting that we're about to sign Luis Alberto, which means Barcelona didn't want to activate the clause. I don't think our transfer committee has put a foot wrong yet, and I've heard people rate Alberto highly, but is a player from the Spanish second division (at least last season) and someone uncapped by his country worth £6 million?

Again, I didn't think much of the Coutinho signing at the time, so my scepticism is probably misplaced.

I think the general consensus is that he impressed at Barcelona B, but wasn't likely to impact on the first team in the near future so Barca decided to save the money to spend elsewhere, considering they aren't exactly rolling in it. £6 million doesn't seem much at all to me really, even if it all goes wrong you have to think it's worth the punt.

subtles

sigh. still that same bs?

The Bayern documentary had me very disappointed with him.

Only a hypocrite would claim there is "a need to take action" to prevent a duopoly in Germany and that "such results [beating Greuther Fürth 6-1] aren't acceptable in the long term" while unsettling their rival's two star players.

Dante, Neuer, (attempts at) Reus (before Dortmund), and all the politics that came from each of these transfers. Bender as well, some journalists go so far as to say Martinez was a back up option.

God forbid we talk about the young players they've publicly courted, or the players they failed to sign.

If you want to protect your club's ambitions then fine, but acting like Hoeneß is an angel among demons is a shame.

It's true over the years he's turned Bayern into a behemoth of world football even before he was president, that much cannot be taken from him. His stance on season tickets is also admirable and something the PL can learn from. The man needs no protection, believe me he's more than capable of doing it himself.

sohois

No. He's extremely inconsistent. Some games you literally do not notice him, others he's world class. That's not exaggerating.

The Echo are reporting that we're about to sign Luis Alberto, which means Barcelona didn't want to activate the clause. I don't think our transfer committee has put a foot wrong yet, and I've heard people rate Alberto highly, but is a player from the Spanish second division (at least last season) and someone uncapped by his country worth £6 million?

Again, I didn't think much of the Coutinho signing at the time, so my scepticism is probably misplaced.

Think about it like this:

If Liverpool (or any team for that matter) were to go for someone like Chalobah, or Will Hughes - two young midfielders who have impressed in the Championship - you'd be looking at closer to £10million. Obviously that would include an English tax but even accounting for that its a similar price.

In fact, isn't Alberto the same age as Zaha? He went for £15million without any top flight experience. True, all of the players mentioned have made some appearances for the England youth, but one should probably take into the account the difference between Spain and England's youth setups.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I mean, take a look at this:

In 50 games (over three seasons) with Inter, he managed to score 5 goals and assis 4.

In 4 months with Liverpool he scored 3 and assisted 7.

Lightning

Banned
I think Cazorla is a wonderful player but he doesn't impose himself on games enough. Sometimes, like specifically the 3-1 away win at West Ham, he was absolutely world class and he does enough over the course of a season to justify getting good marks. But - especially in the big games and Europe surprisingly - he doesn't really get involved
Because in big games Arteta gets pressured and Arsenal's midfield doesn't flow as it usually does but every time Arsenal are playing great football Cazorla is at the heart of it. In games where Arsenal's midfield struggles then Cazorla suffers accordingly, this is natural, but if you look at key passes in the attacking 3rd from Arsenal Cazorla is usually involved in some point in most things good that Arsenal did last season.

In big games last season we were shit. I think City away was our only decent performance the rest we were not good enough but if you watch Arsenal closely was Arsenal's midfields fault. Cazorla had to make diamonds out of shit. Sometimes he was successful, sometimes he wasn't.

It's true over the years he's turned Bayern into a behemoth of world football even before he was president, that much cannot be taken from him. His stance on season tickets is also admirable and something the PL can learn from. The man needs no protection, believe me he's more than capable of doing it himself.

Hoeneß needs protection but that's his lawyer's job lol

C1397TU.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

In 50 games (over three seasons) with Inter, he managed to score 5 goals and assis 4.

The test for Coutinho comes next season. He's obviously talented but Liverpool had nothing to play for after March nor did their opponents, they rolled most of them over without any real resistance. I'm excited to see how he does when the pressure is on and teams are really fighting.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Isla "There is the possibility that I could leave Juventus and Inter have made an offer for me. “There are talks taking place."

“I just want to play football, that would be ideal for me because I want to be useful and be in the best shape possible for my national team.

“The decision, however, will be made by Udinese and Juventus."

“But Inter would be perfect because they are a top club that wants to return to what they were in the past.”

Oh god this guy again. Just LEAVE already! You couldn't even get past Kevin Constant.

Fucking Padoin benched you and we still don't know who the hell he is.

Arnie

Think about it like this:

If Liverpool (or any team for that matter) were to go for someone like Chalobah, or Will Hughes - two young midfielders who have impressed in the Championship - you'd be looking at closer to £10million. Obviously that would include an English tax but even accounting for that its a similar price.

In fact, isn't Alberto the same age as Zaha? He went for £15million without any top flight experience. True, all of the players mentioned have made some appearances for the England youth, but one should probably take into the account the difference between Spain and England's youth setups.
I suppose that makes sense, however Zaha was known as one of the top three players in the division, whereas I think Alberto was just another good talent in the Segunda. I imagine he'll be technically strong, though, which is pretty much our first requirement when it comes to new signings.

I just want Morata now. Let's build a team of top notch foetus'. Liverpool U23s.
cold weather = women dressing classier = better
Hell no.

I get the theory, but I'd rather see the length of a woman's leg, or the shape of her bust, than have her wear a coat. Or a scarf. Or jeans.

I suppose that makes sense, however Zaha was known as one of the top three players in the division, whereas I think Alberto was just another good talent in the Segunda. I imagine he'll be technically strong, though, which is pretty much our first requirement when it comes to new signings.

I just want Morata now. Let's build a team of top notch foetus'. Liverpool U23s.

Hell no.

I get the theory, but I'd rather see the length of a woman's leg, or the shape of her bust, than have her wear a coat. Or a scarf. Or jeans.
Sal likes to complicate things when they needn't be complicated.

Crazy.

Wilbur

Banned
Yurt baby, don't be scared <3

Man I laugh every time I read some of this Kinnear stuff, it's utterly hilarious. Everything he said is dynamite

FootballFan

Tbf it's harder to stand out in those games, the good teams can just mark him out. His team mates are so shit that strong opponents don't have to worry about anyone else.

Okay maybe not shit, but they can't open up a game and make a goal with individual brilliance.

It's why I believe in Neymar. You just can't focus on him when the other guy you have to worry about is Messi. Same thing will happen if Bale goes to Madrid. It would be very hard/dangerous to try mark both him and Ronaldo.

Players like Sanchez/Di Maria/Iniesta/Ozil/Benzema(if he doesn't leave in October) etc will have it easy.

FUCK CAN THE NEW SEASON START ALREADY.

Arnie

Yurt baby, don't be scared <3

Man I laugh every time I read some of this Kinnear stuff, it's utterly hilarious. Everything he said is dynamite
Same, I don't think this can be serious. Lambeezee, Kebab, Ben Afri. Loooooool.

My mate went to Marseille away once (United fan) and saw a discounted shirt in the official club shop that had 'Ben Afra' printed on it. Because it was so funny he really wanted it, but had no money. He tried robbing it but got caught by the French security and he said they were borderline torturing him in the back. They ended up just letting him go once he'd got a mate to come and pay for the shirt.
You guys take me way too serious
Is this about the racism again?

FootballFan

Inter doesn't count.

He was really good at Espanyol too. Next season will be interesting.

Iraq are parking the bus pretty well so far... 65 more minutes fellas!

In other news Sky TV have lost the rights to broadcast the PL in New Zealand... but don't worry, they've still got the A-League! Muppets.

Yeah I saw that. Bad news. :(

At least we get A League and Champions League..haha

Wilbur

Banned
Same, I don't think this can be serious. Lambeezee, Kebab, Ben Afri. Loooooool.

My mate went to Marseille away once (United fan) and saw a discounted shirt in the official club shop that had 'Ben Afra' printed on it. Because it was so funny he really wanted it, but had no money. He tried robbing it but got caught by the French security and he said they were borderline torturing him in the back. They ended up just letting him go once he'd got a mate to come and pay for the shirt.

Loooooooooooooooool

My mate stole one of those big Chelsea mugs from Sports Direct with the sole purpose of throwing it from a car park while shouting death to Drogba. Man I love Arsenal fans

Reading the guardian transcript now at the train station and I can't stop laughing LOOOOOOOL Shola amamabobe is a young lad who is improving, I just can't hahahahahaha

Wilbur

Banned
Started House of Cards last night. Very good.

I've only seen two/three episodes but I liked what I saw. Will hop back in after resits probably.

HMV games section was closed, I got a fuckload of games to trade in for TLOU in my bag at work now :/ hopefully it's open later, GAME's closed down here and fuck CEX

You're right. Oscar did improve towards the end of the season but he was anonymous is a lot of matches earlier in the season. He didn't do enough tracking back to help the defence either, for all the criticism Hazard got about that he improved dramatically on that front. I do wonder if part of Oscars problem was because we have Mata/Hazard as well but I think he will improve next season and he has certainly still had some great moments this season.

Mata has been outstanding, i've said it before but I really do think he could be our next Super Frank.

Btw, I read on twitter yesterday I think that David Luiz's flat is up for sale...

Oscar was the least impressive/productive of the three but he is the youngest, made the biggest journey, biggest change of culture etc. From what I read the Chelsea players think he has a confidence problem and I think you could see that when he lost the ball a few times his head would drop. I reckon this is all something that he will get over soon enough and he will go on to be a special player.

Mata is the next Zola :p

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck I wish Arsenal had got Mata. Can't hack him being at Chelsea, at least I don't have hatred for Arsenal, it's merely pity

spidye

The Bayern documentary had me very disappointed with him.

Only a hypocrite would claim there is "a need to take action" to prevent a duopoly in Germany and that "such results [beating Greuther Fürth 6-1] aren't acceptable in the long term" while unsettling their rival's two star players.

Dante, Neuer, (attempts at) Reus (before Dortmund), and all the politics that came from each of these transfers. Bender as well, some journalists go so far as to say Martinez was a back up option.

God forbid we talk about the young players they've publicly courted, or the players they failed to sign.

If you want to protect your club's ambitions then fine, but acting like Hoeneß is an angel among demons is a shame.

first of all which bayern documentary?

second, I was not talking about hoeneß. bayern is above hoeneß. I don't want to protect him and I don't need to. why should I?

you can talk about the players he has courted over the years as much as you want. I couldn't care less. that's not my problem with your statement.

I was sighing at bayern only buying players to weaken the opponent. take the last signings of bayern. Mandzukic, Martinez, Dante. all of them were starters of the treble winning team.
and if you think we signed götze just to weaken dortmund then I don't know what to say to you.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Weakening your (domestic) rivals is a brilliant strategy if you can pull it off. Who cares about your league's overall competitiveness when you're swimming in money and titles.

Well...we do, but certainly not the shareholders.

Kenka

Weakening your (domestic) rivals is a brilliant strategy if you can pull it off. Who cares about your league's overall competitiveness when you're swimming in money and titles.

Well...we do, but certainly not the shareholders.
Cannibalism is not rewarding on the long run.
edit: I mean for everyone, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom