• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the panic? You guys were just in the CL final.

I think our squad for the next season was done by May/early June in the last few years. This year, we have only Reus and Kuba as wingers/AMs so far and Großkreutz who could end up as LB/RB cover. Add signing players like de Bruyne/Eriksen/etc not getting done and you have quite the panic lol

It's difficult for you because apparently other clubs are now charging you much more. They can't just throw (too much) money at new players, that shit can easily go wrong.

Yes, I know. That's why I said it's getting annoying to read that stuff.

$200

Banned
Thank you Jesus!

josh-kennedy-370x270_zps45bfab23.jpg

spidye

The documentary was on Jazeera sports, I don't know the name.

No, the sole purpose is not about weakening Dortmund. Gotze is a brilliant player that any team would love to have. However, I refer to the politics of the whole ordeal. Hoeneß says the league should have competition. Borussia Mönchengladbach turn up with one of the best defences in the Bundesliga, Dante is bought by Bayern. Mandzukic was at Wolfsburg. Bayern were courting both Martinez and Bender and could have ended up with Bender instead of Martinez. Martinez's situation made him much easier.

What effect would buying Lewa and Gotze off of Dortmund have do you believe?

I also ask you this, is it true that the leak to Bild was from Hoeneß? What purpose would that serve before a game against Madrid?

Sole purpose, no. But you have to admire the business acumen of the man. Strengthen yourself while weakening your rivals, no?

hoeneß says many things. many of them must not necessarily be bayern's policy. sammer(director of football) said he definitely wants the best possible team there can be. signing götze was important to achieve that. Lewa said last summer he definitely wants to leave. if you can have lewandowski on a free transfer would you just ignore him?

are you intentionally forgetting dortmund signing gladbachs best player? or gündogan? or subotic? it's normal practice for teams to sign the best possible players in their own league first and foremost and then look elswehere.
not necessarily to weaken them but to strengthen the own team
that's why they tried to get bender. he is a young talented german, proven to be very good in bundesliga. since they couldn't get him they tried to sign martinez.

and the leak coming from hoeneß seems a little too convenient to be true. rummenigge said it was city. dortmund's management said they have a hunch who it was and it was not bayern
"I don't think Bayern, Götze or his representatives have any interest in harming us today."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/23/borussia-dortmund-mario-gotze-transfer

Clegg

How did the Lions lose?
We were playing our b team today. The fist game against Australia is on Saturday so all the best players are being rested.

Still not really an excuse though coz the Brumbies Australian internationals were all being rested too. The Lions were just poor.

Arnie

I don't think Bayern have any care for the competitive health of the Bundesliga, nor do I think they should. Makes them unlikeable when they're trying to rip Dortmund apart, but at the same time they'll be loving it when they're top dog for years to come.

FootballFan

I don't think Bayern have any care for the competitive health of the Bundesliga, nor do I think they should. Makes them unlikeable when they're trying to rip Dortmund apart, but at the same time they'll be loving it when they're top dog for years to come.

Pep will use 3-4-3 and they will crumble.

Secret Agent Pep.

We were playing our b team today. The fist game against Australia is on Saturday so all the best players are being rested.

Still not really an excuse though coz the Brumbies Australian internationals were all being rested too. The Lions were just poor.

Ah yeah forgot it was gonna be the B team.

You think they'll win the tour?

Salazar

I'm going into Manc to buy a naughty pair of brownies tomorrow. Already got some brown suede so going to go with leather. Fancy a pair of new levi's too.

I was all set to buy some baller McNairy blue suede brogues, with a yellow trim.

But I chickened out.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham are the 'only contenders' to sign Atletico Mineiro's Bernard, according to the player's agent.

Andre Villas-Boas is keen to sign the Brazilian attacker and hopes to clinch a deal this summer.

The 20-year-old, who has scored 17 in 84 league appearances for his team, has been linked to numerous top clubs this summer.

Borussia Dortmund and FC Porto are said to be keen but Bernard's agent Hissa Moyses has set the record straight - and has placed Spurs in the driving seat.

"Dortmund have not submitted a proposal and Tottenham are the only contenders," agent Moyses told O Jogo.

0B2pTEw_zps1db5fda4.gif

Nyx

52 min: Oar has been very impressive tonight. He makes good from the left wing, then shuttles the ball inside for Kruse, who in turn finds Cahill. Iraq bustle well, and Cahill's return pass, intended to find Kruse on the edge of the Iraqi D, is cut out. But that's a wee bit better from Australia, whose passing has been nervous and erratic since the restart.

25 min: Oar turns and slips away brilliantly from three white shirts in the centre circle. That's wonderful skill. He bustles down the pitch and assumes the role of playmaker awhile, prompting this way, then that. After a couple of one-twos which don't come off, he goes on a sortie down the left, and clips a ball into the box. He claims for a penalty as the ball clatters into Ahmed, but it's a cheeky shout because the ball has clearly hit the poor Iraqi not on his hand, but his front tail. Ouch, oof, ooyah.

And where did he learn all that?

Utrecht, fuck yeah!

tumblr_lyir6hKnum1r1lo60o1_400.gif

Clegg

Ah yeah forgot it was gonna be the B team.

You think they'll win the tour?
If we had a fully fit starting 15 then we'd have a great chance. But Can Healy did his ankle ligaments son he's out of the tour. Tommy Bowe and George North are also doubtful for the first test but should hopefully be back from the second test.

I still think we'll win even with those 3 missing. Everything will have to go perfect on Saturday though. If the Lions forwards step up then I can see us winning the first test.

3Sixty

"The board are pleased to welcome Joe back to the club," managing director Derek Llambias told the club's website.

"Joe has many years of experience working within the game, and this experience will be of great benefit to the club in achieving our objectives over the coming seasons."

Bu bu bu thought Llambeezey was sacked?

subtles

hoeneß says many things. many of them must not necessarily be bayern's policy. sammer(director of football) said he definitely wants the best possible team there can be. signing götze was important to achieve that. Lewa said last summer he definitely wants to leave. if you can have lewandowski on a free transfer would you just ignore him?

are you intentionally forgetting dortmund signing gladbachs best player? or gündogan? or subotic? it's normal practice for teams to sign the best possible players in their own league first and foremost and then look elswehere.
not necessarily to weaken them but to strengthen the own team

and the leak coming from hoeneß seems a little too convenient to be true. rummenigge said it was city. dortmund's management said they have a hunch who it was and it was not bayern

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/23/borussia-dortmund-mario-gotze-transfer

He doesn't rule out the possibility:

"I don't know why they would release this now but if they want to make it so that we do not win, I can tell them that they will not succeed."

Look, I understand that you may feel there is an agenda against Bayern, (judging from the previous thread I am not surprised) but that is not my intention here. Reus wanted Dortmund but Bayern still tried to sign him, as was their right. I'm not saying Dortmund are angels either. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy in policy with Hoeneß. If you believe him to just be running his mouth fair enough.

kharma45

Why so?

Heard people saying they expect Lions best chance of a win is in the first game cos Australia haven't played a test game for like 9 months.

I just feel we've had far too many relatively soft matches so far on the tour and we're gonna get a rude awakening.

Arnie

lol holtby is fucked.

Holtby's fine, it's Sigurdsson that's fucked. Should've joined us, but on recent evidence I'd much rather have Coutinho. And then the Targaryan.

Saying that the idea of Spurs signing a player that

a) we've not been linked with

and

b) AVB wants

is fucking laughable.

Spurs were in the driving seat for Paulinho just days ago, and that looks to have been Barlow'd.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol holtby is fucked.

Nah, Parker, Livermore, and Huddlestone are fucked, not Holtby. Dempsey as well.

CM: Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, Holtby, Carroll
AM: Bale, Lennon, Sigurdsson, Bernard, Townsend

Make it happen, Darth Levy.

Spurs were in the driving seat for Paulinho just days ago, and that looks to have been Barlow'd.
Jun 18, 3 hours ago
Corinthians director Duilio Monteiro Alves has claimed that Tottenham are interested in Paulinho.

“We know Tottenham have an interest, but nothing official yet. We are waiting for the next few days to talk about official and concrete facts.

BOOYAH

Holtby's fine, it's Sigurdsson that's fucked. Should've joined us, but on recent evidence I'd much rather have Coutinho. And then the Targaryan.

Saying that the idea of Spurs signing a player that

a) we've not been linked with

and

b) AVB wants

is fucking laughable.

Corinthians President dude or something said they're in the running and expects something to happen in the next few days.

FootballFan

neuer
dante-boateng-badstuber
lahm-schweini-martinez-alaba
götze-müller-ribery

I'm ok with that

------------Neuer------------
--Lahm--Martinez--Badstuber
Shaq--Kroos-Schweini-Alaba
-Muller-----Gotze----Ribery-

(Alaba can play midfield right? Pretty sure he can play CM/DM)

Arnie

I hear you both but does anyone think he's not going to Inter?

He's going to Inter.

Mazzarrazzi is getting him.

Paulinho was talking about the huge wage hike he wants to leave Brazil. Inter can pay what Spurs can't.

spidye

------------Neuer------------
--Lahm--Martinez--Badstuber
Shaq--Kroos-Schweini-Alaba
-Muller-----Gotze----Ribery-

(Alaba can play midfield right? Pretty sure he can play CM/DM)

this looks good too. anyway, I say let the man experiment with the team like he wants to as long as we win.

just because I want to:

Neuer
lahm-dante-badstuber-alaba
schweni-martinez
robben-müller-ribery
götze

hnnnnnhhghhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom