• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

giovincospiaggia.jpg

spidye

He'd develop in a great team who play in a lot of competetitions, under a great manager for young players, and at a club who likely won't be putting up a challenge for the title next season.

so you mean like staying at bayern with pep as the coach? shaqiri had many games last season for his first year and with someone like pep who is known for working with youngsters he can benefit much more if he stayed.

so you mean like staying at bayern with pep as the coach? shaqiri had many games last season for his first year and with someone like pep who is known for working with youngsters he can benefit much more if he stayed.

Gametime is the most important thing, and with Ribery, Robben and Gotze, that will be hard to come by, and the opposite goes in Dortmund's case since Gotze has gone.

Kenka

I wouldn't mind Shaqiri at Dortmund but that would seem a bit strange.
Gomez on the other hand would be fantastic. Grosskreutz would then leave Dortmund for Celtic and the world would rejoice.

Lightning

Banned
He'd develop in a great team who play in a lot of competetitions, under a great manager for young players, and at a club who likely won't be putting up a challenge for the title next season.
Why would Dortmund want to develop a Bayern player? That's stupid.

That's like Chelsea loaning De Bryune or Lukaku to United to develop for them.

And again, it boots me out because it can;'t connect to host, and destroys my Clan for the disconnect. Pile of shite.

How do I check my connection?

Wow at the cunt spoiling future season of Game of Thrones in the Gaming side. Why do people do this..

Sorry I had to quit bro.

When we play later, can you guys tell me how many bars of connection I'm showing, or if I'm lagging noticably? Its appearing as zero to me, but the in-game experience is fine and the problems are showing when trying to connect at the start.

Its killing my enjoyment.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zonal marking's European Team of the Season:

Neuer
Lahm - Chiellini - Dante - Jordi Alba
Javi Martinez - Vidal - Mata
Messi - Lewa - Ronaldo

Substitutes:
Thibaut Courtois, Daniel Carvajal, Thiago Silva, Andrea Barzagli, David Alaba, Sergio Busquets, Ilkay Gundogan, Gareth Bale, Franck Ribery, Zlatan, Mario Mandzukic

Arturo Vidal, Juventus

After a period where pure passers reigned in the centre of the pitch, the inclusion of both Martinez and Vidal in this side demonstrates that there’s been a shift towards more physical, combative players that are also capable of technical brilliance. Vidal could be the best all-rounder in European football – he’s an amazingly complete footballer impossible to miss because of his sheer energy, but has become even more efficient with his play in the final third, collecting eight assists and ten goals. And while many of those goals have been penalties, Vidal even makes spot-kicks look wonderful

One billion. Not a million less.

Neuer
Messi - Lewa - Ronaldo

Substitutes:
Thibaut Courtois, Daniel Carvajal, Thiago Silva, Andrea Barzagli, David Alaba, Sergio Busquets, Ilkay Gundogan, Gareth Bale, Franck Ribery, Zlatan, Mario Mandzukic

One billion. Not a million less.

Bale instead of Mata, Alaba instead of Alba

spidye

Nah Mata over Bale for me. Bale's more eye catching but Mata's better for the team I think

I have not seen many chelsea games but I remember some guys here saying he is very inconsistent. like palying one game brilliantly and the next completely anonymous.
is this true?

and I think Bale was among the top 5 in europe this year.

I have not seen many chelsea games but I remember some guys here saying he is very inconsistent. like palying one game brilliantly and the next completely anonymous.
is this true?

For a player in his position, he's very consistent imo. Even when he doesn;t get a goal or assist, he's often Chelsea's best player

Wilbur

Banned
One of those ones where it comes down to stylistic preference I think. I'd prefer the sheer menace of Bale to the thorn-in-the-sidiness of Mata

Yeah it's preference really. Would have both in a PL team

is this true?

I'd genuinely disagree; I think apart from Cech, he's the one constant when Chelsea are threatening. He's one of those players where when he gets the ball, wherever he picks it up, I brace myself for a dangerous ball into the box, a defence splitting pass, a turn and shot right into the top corner, a bit of movement even off the ball that creates an abundance of space for others. He's a special special player, something like 15 goals and 30 assists last season. As good as Hazard, Luiz, Cole etc are, I think Mata's their best by a mile

20/35, wow

Neuer
Messi - Lewa - Ronaldo

Substitutes:

Carvajal instead of Lucas Piszcek? Madness.

I don't think Neuer belongs in that team. Sure, he hardly conceded any goals this season but most of this is thanks to the whole Bayern team. I can't remember many (any?) world class saves he pulled off. It's hard to actually rate him this season and when you have a player like Weidenfeller who was just incredible this whole season or Courtois who was also pretty awesome from what I've seen, Neuer shouldn't be there.

I'm probably mistaking him with someone else then. can't remember who it was

I think you mean Cazorla.

Wilbur

Banned
probably. it was just some days ago I was reading here about a chelsea player who is very inconsistent. has to be him.

I think Hazard had a great season actually. Oscar stood out the least of the three over the season, but he still turned in some quality; mostly in Europe, because the pace of the PL seemed too much for him at times.

There are some brilliant players to watch in the PL (for now)

Bale
Van Persie
Suarez
Coutinho
Hazard
Mata
Oscar
JM7
Cazorla
Toure (when he can be arsed)
Silva (when the stars align)
Tevez

Almost makes me wish I was a neutral :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
probably. it was just some days ago I was reading here about a chelsea player who is very inconsistent. has to be him.

If Wooden is not on your ignore list too then it's Torres.

Ba wasn't inconsistent, he was plain terrible.

Lightning

Banned
Cazorla is not inconsistent, fuckers. He can only carry so much on his shoulders and was the most likely to create anything in majority of our games.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think Neuer belongs in that team. Sure, he hardly conceded any goals this season but most of this is thanks to the whole Bayern team. I can't remember many (any?) world class saves he pulled off. It's hard to actually rate him this season and when you have a player like Weidenfeller who was just incredible this whole season or Courtois who was also pretty awesome from what I've seen, Neuer shouldn't be there

Yeah I agree with this. Top keeper but he gets tested the less.

As shit as Inter were, imagine how shit they'd be without Handanovic? Saved them time and time and time again this season.

Nyx

There are some brilliant players to watch in the PL (for now)

Bale
Van Persie
Suarez
Coutinho
Hazard
Mata
Oscar
JM7
Cazorla
Toure (when he can be arsed)
Silva (when the stars align)
Tevez

Almost makes me wish I was a neutral :p

Shame about the rest of the players though. ;-)

Arnie

Cazorla is not inconsistent, fuckers. He can only carry so much on his shoulders and was the most likely to create anything in majority of our games.

No. He's extremely inconsistent. Some games you literally do not notice him, others he's world class. That's not exaggerating.

The Echo are reporting that we're about to sign Luis Alberto, which means Barcelona didn't want to activate the clause. I don't think our transfer committee has put a foot wrong yet, and I've heard people rate Alberto highly, but is a player from the Spanish second division (at least last season) and someone uncapped by his country worth £6 million?

Again, I didn't think much of the Coutinho signing at the time, so my scepticism is probably misplaced.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah I agree with this. Top keeper but he gets tested the less.

As shit as Inter were, imagine how shit they'd be without Handanovic? Saved them time and time and time again this season.

The 2nd worst defence in the league behind Pescara even with HandoGOD.

I think Hazard had a great season actually. Oscar stood out the least of the three over the season, but he still turned in some quality; mostly in Europe, because the pace of the PL seemed too much for him at times.

You're right. Oscar did improve towards the end of the season but he was anonymous is a lot of matches earlier in the season. He didn't do enough tracking back to help the defence either, for all the criticism Hazard got about that he improved dramatically on that front. I do wonder if part of Oscars problem was because we have Mata/Hazard as well but I think he will improve next season and he has certainly still had some great moments this season.

Mata has been outstanding, i've said it before but I really do think he could be our next Super Frank.

Btw, I read on twitter yesterday I think that David Luiz's flat is up for sale...

Lightning

Banned
No. He's extremely inconsistent. Some games you literally do not notice him, others he's world class. That's not exaggerating.
You only didn't notice him if you didn't want to notice him. He wasn't great every week but the amount of chances he created that Gervinho and Giroud squandered was mind boggling. The thing of when Cazorla turns it own he is REALLY good but that doesn't mean he isn't doing anything when he is playing his normal game.

He didnt get Arsenal player of the year for nothing. He was good, very good or godly more often than he was the invisible man like Walcott has mastered.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not sure what happened to Coutinho with Inter, but he wasn't half the player that we're seeing today. It was a gamble by Liverpool as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom