• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly 113 years ago, Milan was founded by a group of Italian and English football fans. Our first name was Milan Foot-Ball and Cricket Club, and our motto, at the time, was: "We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire and black to invoke fear in our opponents" (Herbert Kilpin, one of the founders). Cute little video about our best years (heh, basically our years under Berlusconi except for two Champions Leagues): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATR1WpalnUo

I hope to see something good this afternoon, Pescara is definitely one of the weakest team in Serie A but our squad better be focused, I don't want to see Milan losing on his birthday.

Zabojnik

... and our motto, at the time, was: "We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire and black to invoke fear in our opponents"

113 years ago, eh? That's like ... the middle ages. Devil worshipers, should've burned them all at the stake.
Forza Bilan!

I hope to see something good this afternoon, Pescara is definitely one of the weakest team in Serie A but our squad better be focused, I don't want to see Milan losing on his birthday.

Against ... Pescara? Lol, that's impossible. Like, truly impossibile.

Salazar

Hoping for a rough, exhausting Spurs-Swansea game.

They're going to be tough. Shinji potentially being back is good, but it doesn't neatly remedy the loss of Carrick.

Zabojnik

foto-i-tifosi-della-juventus-sognano-ecco-il--L-wUJ-ss.jpeg

Come on Marry, you can do it.

confuziz

Banned
I must admit you guys had way more chances. Only saw the second half though. But dat Lens...

Worst striker ever. I hope he fucks off in the summer, same with shitty wijnaldum.

There's a big possibility a lot of players will leave in the summer. Bommel will retire, Strootman will be sold (for 25-30 million that is), Wijnaldum will be sold, Hutchinson leaves, Lens will be sold.

Not even talking about Mertens, Matavz.

This post made me think of something I was going to raise the other day. I don't play football although I'm an avid follower of the game. How many of you are the same or am I just a rare breed?

I got into football at the age of 16, so I missed out on the period of playing it properly and joining local and school teams. I always enjoyed playing it down the park every day and in the playground, and I was okay at it, but I never wanted to be a footballer until it was far too late to follow that dream :(

Now I only manage to play 5-a-side once a week at most, and can't join a powerleague because I work nights :(

Annoying because playing football is what makes me happiest these days. Unfair, but I partially blame my parents a little bit for never encouraging me or my brother to participate in any sports :p

One day in the future I'll be watching City in the final of this competition.

First English team to move the franchise to another country? Think America is a bit too strong for you, perhaps though you could move to Korea and win their continental cup to get a spot though. And fire Mancini before the CWC. Then you could maybe win this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom