• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenka

loew-david-ruud-826.jpg
Nice image! :D How far we've come since 1990.
Funny that both Ruud and Edgar look older than Jogi.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Goddammit Andres, if only Giovinco's bicicleta had gone in :mad:

You failed to mention that I crushed you 4-1 in the first match with Napoli.
Go home and be a family man.

After seeing Suarez doing what he does, I guess he refused to ever watch football again.

A Chelsea fan criticizing a south american legend. disgraceful

In hindsight, and with my bias-goggles, Suarez did what needed to be done

Still think he could have reached it with his head though :D

That was the best play in world cup history. FACT

Meier

So yesterday I went to upgrade my iPhone 4 to the 5.

I managed to get a deal through the website where I got a 32GB iPhone for free with a 500 min, unltd text and unltd data contract for £18/month.

Pretty ridiculous deal and I don't really know how it happened but I have a confirmation email with all the above confirmed so I'm hoping it goes through.
Fuck me, I had to pay $350 for my 32 and my plan is 450 minutes, unlimited data, 1000 texts for $80 a month (discount due to work and two grandfathered plans).

Blablurn

three mistakes i made.

selling my ipad.
selling my iphone.
buying a laptop instead of the alienware x51.

i lost my technology mojo. just like wenger lost his coaching mojo.

sad :(

Zabojnik

Anyone else love Blade Runner's soundtrack by Vangelis?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg0cmhjdiLs

Everyone does. It's the perfect OST.

tutdec4.jpeg

We're coming back to Verratti.

I think I'm going to cry.

For me it would be as huge as us signing a great striker. It's Tuttosport, so it's obviously bullshit, but why are they even saying it? As if with Mourinho's arrival he'd be forced out? Why? Also, we weren't willing to match whatever it was PSG paid Pescara, we'd be willing to do it now and probably pay even more than that? Yeah ... Maybe someday. :(

Mesbah as LB tonight vs Zenith. Allegri hates football and everything related to winning stuff confirmed.

Tread carefully, 'cause this is the man that will lead you to the CL final.

Klose is out three weeks.

If Lazio plays the CL next year, he will have had the same, if not greater, impact in Rome as Rudi Voeller.

They won't. Barceroma is going to win the scudetto (4 wins in the last 5 matches!), Napoli second, Juve third.

CL finalist - Juventus preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDER6hUQI_k

Tread carefully, 'cause this is the man that will lead you to the CL final.

Who? Allegri or Mesbah?

Also, I somehow missed that Biella (it's where I currently live) reference in Tuttosport. I saw a couple of ads in the city, nothing more. Too bad I don't even remotely care about that All Star Game.

Wilbur

Banned
RDR is massively over-rated, get Skyrim.

RDR up until and including the very start of Mexico = god tier game
Mexico = shit
From when you get back in America until the end = god tier game

Skyrim is my favourite game of this generation though. I get that people don't like it but for me it's just the most fun I've had. 170 hour save on it now and I've still got so much to do.

EDIT SHINJIIIIII

Linius

RDR up until and including the very start of Mexico = god tier game
Mexico = shit
From when you get back in America until the end = god tier game

Skyrim is my favourite game of this generation though. I get that people don't like it but for me it's just the most fun I've had. 170 hour save on it now and I've still got so much to do.

God damn.

But I'm gonna wait for a GOTY edition with Skyrim. I'm not in a hurry, plenty of stuff to play. RDR will keep me busy for a while. It seems like I'm only playing open world games these days. From AC:III --> Far Cry 3 --> RDR --> GTA V (somewhere next year that is).

Any of you guys played the Undead Nightmare? How are zombie cowboys? :p

Skyrim was good. Got a little bit "samey" and I didn't have as much fun with it as I did oblivion. Also it glitched out on me when
attacking Solitude
so I never got to finish the civil war line of quests

sohois

My copy of 999 has arrived for DS. Fady recommended it to me. $20 from Amazon US - not bad at all.

Can't wait to get started, has anyone else played it?

999 is a very good game. Though having said that, the actual game parts are pretty limited, its reall more like a visual novel. But the final twist and how it uses the fact that it is a game is brilliantly done.

And on the subject of games, RDR is crap. Just more of the same from Rockstar, going around to a bunch of fucking terrible psychos and serving them for no reason, all the while killing everyone in sight and nothing else. That is all.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Scott Parker played in a Spurs XI that got tonked 5-1 by Ipswich Reserves this afternoon. It feels like an age since I last saw him playing for us.

Wes

venison crêpe
The papers need to hurry up and publish their "January transfer targets to watch" fluff pieces already.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We lost 5-1 to Ipswich reserves?!

#AVBsFault

I don't really know who else was playing besides Parker and Luongo, the match report on the Ipswich site is only 2 paragraphs. At least he got some minutes, thankfully we aren't Arsenal and don't have to desperately crowbar him in a la Wilshere due to our terrible midfield options.

That ginger ninja's gonna rip Man City a new one if he comes on. My little Aussie Nicaraguan Afghan gonna-become-a-German-also.
The more nationalities the merrier :)

I've never seen him play. What kind of potential does he have?
No idea. He didn't even make in impact in the reserves yet, but I'm sure it's because he's still in the process of settling in here and adjust to the physically demanding play style.
I have seen some glimpses of quality in the few games I've seen him in.
I think he'll go on loan after this season (after having learned the language and the tactical fineness) and hopefully explode at some second division team and come back afterwards.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Warm up game, bitch! I want a rematch!

lol yep I was already warmed up since I was playing fifa and you were playing halo.

we can play after champions league matches.

-Linius Undead Nightmare is great but ammo is hard to come by so it's much harder than the regular game.

Just got TDKR!

JTdancing.gif

Meier

I just had my UCL fantasy world rocked. You can make substitutions if someone plays? I thought the guys on your bench would only move to the starting 11 if someone didn't play however my assistant manager recommended I put guys in who are playing today and then sub them out if they didn't do well. I had no clue manual subs were possible.

bud

i'm currently listening to editors' the back room (i've listened to "all sparks" a million times, but i never got around to checking the album out) for the first time.

i quite like it.

faridmon

i'm currently listening to editors' the back room (i've listened to "all sparks" a million times, but i never got around to checking the album out) for the first time.

i quite like it.

Amazing Album. One of my favourite Album from last decade. Too bad their subsequent releases became rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom