• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

i'm currently listening to editors' the back room (i've listened to "all sparks" a million times, but i never got around to checking the album out) for the first time.

i quite like it.

One of my favorites -- great album from top to bottom. The next album was a bit of a letdown outside of Smokers Outside of Hospital Doors. Never gave the third album much of a shot tbh.

New Horrors album out today in the US apparently. I hated their initial style but they've really come into their own. Skying is an absolute gem.

Meier

The Editors are just a poor man's Interpol.

Unfortunately Interpol have been a poor man's Interpol for some time now IMO. Editors scratched a nice itch. Speaking of Interpol, they put out a 10th Anniversary edition of Turn on the Bright Lights today.

Mastadon

Banned
Unfortunately Interpol have been a poor man's Interpol for some time now IMO. Editors scratched a nice itch. Speaking of Interpol, they put out a 10th Anniversary edition of Turn on the Bright Lights today.

Haven't really listened to them since Antics to be honest. TOTBL was an amazing album.

pulga

Banned
Fry why has Homeland become so shit.

They need to kill Carrie and Brody off and just have Saul and Quinn foiling terrorist plots.

Fry

Fry why has Homeland become so shit.

They need to kill Carrie and Brody off and just have Saul and Quinn foiling terrorist plots.

The last episode was very disappointing, but I don't think the show has become shit as a whole.

Neogaf treats it like shit, that's why it seems to have turned into crap. My OT is a disgrace.

fuenf

The last episode was very disappointing, but I don't think the show has become shit as a whole.

Neogaf treats it like shit, that's why it seems to have turned into crap. My OT is a disgrace.

I think the story jumped the shark (compared to S1), but it's still better than most other TV shows and the characters are still as great as they ever were.

pulga

Banned
I think the story jumped the shark (compared to S1), but it's still better than the most other TV shows and the characters are still as great as they ever were.

Ugh, I really can't stand Carrie anymore. FOLLOW YOUR DAMN ORDERS! No? Oh, you're going after
__________________Nazir
with a crowbar? How the fuck did you even make it to the CIA, dumbass? -_-

I wish she'd take that crowbar and beat Brody's kids to death with it.

faridmon

There are definitely similarities, but I see that as a good thing.

Unless you lump them togther in the Post-Punk faux Gothic rock umbrella, they do have diffrent style. Post-punk bands usually sound similiar, but most of them have their diffrences.

I see Editors as more melodic of those two, use less riff on their guitar and their drumming sequences dound quite different.

fuenf

Ugh, I really can't stand Carrie anymore. FOLLOW YOUR DAMN ORDERS! No? Oh, you're going after
__________________Nazir
with a crowbar? How the fuck did you even make it to the CIA, dumbass? -_-

I wish she'd take that crowbar and beat Brody's kids to death with it.

That's true, her character is really inconsistent. Whatever happened to her
mental disorder / medication
anyway? Looks like they dropped that storyline after the first couple of episodes.

faridmon

I do enjoy Homland S2. Yes, there are a lot of frustrating moments, but the acting is so good that I tend to ignore the fluffy stuff.

Linius

I liked Homeland so far this season. Still need to watch last weeks episode though.

And I like both Editors (first two albums) and Editors (first three albums). Going to see Editors live this summer, they will headline the Rock Werchter festival in Belgium. Interpol live wasn't that great btw, they just stood there playing their music like it was a real chore for them to be on that stage in the first place.

dc89

xlarge.jpg

Holy fuck at Hitman's marketing campaign on Facebook. Allowed you to place 'hits' on your friends and you could choose from a list of reasons or write your own. Yup, you are reading it right, someone thought this was a good idea and the screen cap above is legit. It's been took down following a load of complaints.

Square - what has happened to you?

---

Also on the gaming front this music is insane. Someone's made a track from Wii U system noises, mixing the background music from various apps and NSMBU sound effects. Wii U is alive again, it didn't stay dead for long :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZVVvTaD0dU4#!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
lol

Your Horoscopes - Week Of December 4, 2012

Aries Mar 21 - Apr 19
The stars believe that a person must make his own mistakes, but
they warn you not to do anything that may, say, burn down Chicago
this week.

Taurus Apr 20 - May 20
Only God can judge you. Unfortunately, He’s been appearing to all
your friends and telling them what an asshole you are.

Gemini May 21 - Jun 21
The black widow spider does not have the most powerful venom of
any spider in the world, but it’s still going to do quite a number on
your legs.

Cancer Jun 22 - Jul 22
The truth is indeed elusive, hard to comprehend, and subjective.
What we’re trying to say is: You’re fat.

Leo Jul 23 - Aug 22
There hasn’t been a stampeding death in your area in more than a
century, but your air horn and steer costume will change all that.

Virgo Aug 23 - Sep 22
Take solace in this: There is a meaning and purpose to the universe,
even if it’s far too complicated for you to understand and won’t pay
off for years.

Libra Sep 23 - Oct 23
Some may call your breast implants tacky, but at least you had the
guts to try out unconventional shapes.

Scorpio Oct 24 - Nov 21
You’ve always been a fashion-forward trendsetter, which is why,
after next Thursday, they’ll all be saying that getting shot in the
face is the new black.

Sagittarius Nov 22 - Dec 21
Gradual, almost imperceptible change will make you a better person over the course of the next 37,000 years.

Capricorn Dec 22 - Jan 19
The stars could reveal your future, but they’d just be repeating what the Love Tester at the fair already told you.

Aquarius Jan 20 - Feb 18
People will come from miles around to seek your wisdom on all
manner of things, which is proof that people will do anything for a
good laugh.

Pisces Feb 19 - Mar 20
You’ll never smile again after the tragic loss of your lower jaw and
lips this week.

Listening to dubstep in the library wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwub

An occasional track pops up for me while I'm working and I always get a huge urge to turn up my speakers so all the older gentleman can enjoy the song. I always resist though. I don't need my speakers taken away from me.

An occasional track pops up for me while I'm working and I always get a huge urge to turn up my speakers so all the older gentleman can enjoy the song. I always resist though. I don't need my speakers taken away from me.

Haha yeah I have to resist the urge to sing along to some songs so I don't look like an idiot and also destroy people's hearing

fuenf

lol
Virgo Aug 23 - Sep 22
Take solace in this: There is a meaning and purpose to the universe,
even if it’s far too complicated for you to understand and won’t pay
off for years.

Amazing, that Onion shit is better advice than most (all) real horoscopes.

I thing movies-gaf is fine. But music and tv shows gaf SUCK.

Most tv shows are only appreciated on GAF when they are long gone. Movie GAF sucks too, Skyfall *smh*

Carbonox

I thing movies-gaf is fine. But music and tv shows gaf SUCK.

Music GAF is the worst. When any semblance of humanity can shit out Pop-GAF, you know you're doomed. December 21st can't come soon enough.

Gaming GAF is even worse than all of the above. GOTY's become Shits of the year a month after release. It's comical.

jtb

Banned
TV-gaf has impossibly high standards. Like, I understand shitting on Homeland since the last episode was terrible, but, unlike movies, there really aren't that many good TV shows out there, let alone ones that are going to live up to the expectations people seem to have of them.

Movie-gaf is great though; you just have to know how to filter through the opinions to figure out what you'll like from what other people like.

pulga

Banned
Official pulga show ranking of what I'm watching:

1) Breaking Bad
2) Game of Thrones
3) Mad Men
4) Walking Dead (this season)
5) Boardwalk Empire
6) Dexter (this season is gud)
7) True Blood
8) Arrow
9) Homeland

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Homeland is still really fun. It's just a shame it went from class to fun though.

-

Verratti's agent said Tuttosport's report is made up. Well, of course it is, it's Tuttosport.

Clegg

I generally try and stick with a TV show even if its quality has deteriorated rapidly.

24 is the only show I ever really wanted to stop watching. It just got so bad.

Yen

My only problem with movie/music gaf whatever is that in many of the big threads, there is no room for opinions at all. Certain posters believe their view is the only correct one, and refuse to listen otherwise.

fuenf

I generally try and stick with a TV show even if its quality has deteriorated rapidly.

24 is the only show I ever really wanted to stop watching. It just got so bad.

It still had an amazing run, seasons 1-3 were great. I dont remember much about season 4, but season 5 was good again. I stopped watching it midway through season 6, though.

With that said, Alias >>>> 24 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom