• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
6B22F4BD529B1968943D9A368FEEA914.jpg

As someone who doesn't get a chance to watch as much continental football, there is my team.

confuziz

Banned
PSG look really dangerous. Wonder why they are sucking so much in the ligue 1

Reminds me, I have to get a PSG shirt..Lavezzi or Ibra?

Wes

venison crêpe
Had a good day today.

Was in Sheffield with a mate, decided to go to Meadowhall (shopping centre)

Got some things and on the way to get something to eat, there was a EA stand with people playing Fifa 13. They were holding a tournament, open to everyone. We decided to join and got given a time for our first games. It was on Xbox so felt a little different to playing on PS3.

Long story short, My mate and me played each other in the semi's, I was Arsenal and he was City. I beat him on penalties after a 0-0.

Got to the final, playing against a dude who was the past winner with PSG and I was Chelsea. So we start and he gets a Clattenburgesque decision and scores a pen in the first 6 mins. He scores again after 15 mins. Things aren't going too well.

Around the 40th minute, I push everyone forward and grab a Torres goal to make it 2-1. Gets to half-time, he says to the announcer he'll beat me 4-1. Start of the second half and I score with Oscar after some quick tiki-taka play. I can tell the guys under pressure, but still says he'll beat me 4-2. We carry on and it goes into extra time. I bring on Sturridge for Oscar who's injured, a minute after bringing him on I get a penalty. Under pressure, I Pirlo chip it down the middle with Sturridge. 2-0 down, it's now 2-3. Straight form kick-off, he attacks with a long ball to Ibrahimovic, loses it and I counter. Around 115th minute and I go on a Torres CL run from the half way line, he brings the keeper out, I round the keeper and slot it into the net. Only thing missing was Neville's orgasmic commentary.

It's 4-2, games turned around, I hold the ball till the ref blows the whistle. I shake his hand and congratulate him on getting the prediction right ;)

Win a free t-shirt and copy of Fifa that I gave to my mate. Feels good man.

Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom