• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't know about destroying, lol

Ribery is really great in 12/13 so far, but he's been somewhat invisible in big games (in 2nd half of 11/12 & Euro).

For City it is all or nothing - a pretty good situation for Dortmund. I do hope it will be a good match. This is a situation where I wish back my old CRT TV and analog cable - picture in picture never lets me down.

Will start with PSG - Porto

FootballFan

pique's one of my favorite defenders because he's such a good footballer, but he's been absolute poop for quite some time now.

shakira, dump him immediately.
you only deserve the best.
you deserve me.
please.

Are you talking to Shakira or Pique here :p

Hasn't been that poop but with the Shakiri thing and with Puyol being out injured every 2 games then you can kinda understand.

Meier

I'm not sure who you are referring too, genuinely. :(

He is talking about Meppen Walters. I commented on it the last time he was on the bench for a UCL game. Kind of unusual -- I'm surprised he isn't in prison let alone still on the team..

K1LLER7

Had a good day today.

Was in Sheffield with a mate, decided to go to Meadowhall (shopping centre)

Got some things and on the way to get something to eat, there was a EA stand with people playing Fifa 13. They were holding a tournament, open to everyone. We decided to join and got given a time for our first games. It was on Xbox so felt a little different to playing on PS3.

Long story short, My mate and me played each other in the semi's, I was Arsenal and he was City. I beat him on penalties after a 0-0.

Got to the final, playing against a dude who was the past winner with PSG and I was Chelsea. So we start and he gets a Clattenburgesque decision and scores a pen in the first 6 mins. He scores again after 15 mins. Things aren't going too well.

Around the 40th minute, I push everyone forward and grab a Torres goal to make it 2-1. Gets to half-time, he says to the announcer he'll beat me 4-1. Start of the second half and I score with Oscar after some quick tiki-taka play. I can tell the guys under pressure, but still says he'll beat me 4-2. We carry on and it goes into extra time. I bring on Sturridge for Oscar who's injured, a minute after bringing him on I get a penalty. Under pressure, I Pirlo chip it down the middle with Sturridge. 2-0 down, it's now 2-3. Straight form kick-off, he attacks with a long ball to Ibrahimovic, loses it and I counter. Around 115th minute and I go on a Torres CL run from the half way line, he brings the keeper out, I round the keeper and slot it into the net. Only thing missing was Neville's orgasmic commentary.

It's 4-2, games turned around, I hold the ball till the ref blows the whistle. I shake his hand and congratulate him on getting the prediction right ;)

Win a free t-shirt and copy of Fifa that I gave to my mate. Feels good man.

Shit, why didn't we sign a proper RB sub. Kirch is soo bad :(
In Koch* we trust..

* has been injured for a long time and is now on loan again.

Meier

The Dortmund game still matters, right? For City, I mean.

If City wins and Ajax loses, City goes to the Europa League. Mancini said he would not play many first team players due to the Thursday matches, but it's still European football which is good.

The lowest point total for an English club in UCL history is 4, so I am sure he'd like to best that. It'd be humiliating for him as a manager to have the worst team in history points wise.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
IBRA missed a sitter for real tho
#pechofrio

psg bossing tho :(

lol my bluray player is shite. took 3 tries to play TDKR.

U.S. gaf are ps3s 199?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gervinho actually found someone in the box! Shame it was Chamakh.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Guys that team of year nominations were based on twitter followers, mentions and other things equally as stupid.

Same reason Djourou still is, Wenger likes shit defenders.

Speaking of Djourou, when is the last time an Arsenal centre back was good for more than a season at a time? Djourou, Koscielny, Vermaelen and Mertesacker have all had decent periods in their Arsenal careers, they all seem to struggle to do it over a sufficient period of time though

Wilbur

Banned
This is my team based off the website:

FGyYR.png

but my actual team of the season would be:

Buffon

Ramos Chiellini Alba

Reus Vidal Pirlo Ribery

van Persie Messi Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom