• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't watch the Bundesliga as fiercely as I do. Ribery was the player of the year and that shouldn't even be up for discussion.

Even so, you seem to get far too wound up about these things

That is such bullshit. Why isn't he as impressive as he was at Monchen' if he has better players around him now?

That's a silly argument tbh. Some players ply better surrounded by good players, some play better when they're the single focal point in the team. Look at Gerrard's performances for Liverpool, and for England,

faridmon

That is such bullshit. Why isn't he as impressive as he was at Monchen' if he has better players around him now?

He still is, not as obvious since he has good players around him...

Speaking of which, i nominate Inui and Vander Faart for the player of this season.

bud

while reus is pretty talented, i haven't exactly been blown away a lot by him in the games i've seen him in so far.

ribery is fantastic, but i feel he needs to score more often.

Lightning

Banned
WTF Wenger? Arshavin only makes the bench on a team with most of our original starters not playing? Yeah sure. Just sell him in January and be done with it along with the rest of the excess chaff we don't want.

faridmon

Gotze was better than Ribery last year. Kagawa too. Blalalzjmighyu8gcy67ycgtcski also.

Well Gotze and Kagawa were injured for a lengthy time last season, but you are right.

while reus is pretty talented, i haven't exactly been blown away a lot by him in the games i've seen him in so far.

ribery is fantastic, but i feel he needs to score more often.

He is more quiter this season due to Dortmund's philosophy ''press and attack'' but he is as lethal as ever. I do think, however, that Dortmund are using him a bit wrongly. He should be behind Evilore by playing afalse 9.

Meier

Just seeing that Savic scored a brace this weekend to earn a draw for Fiorentina. Sounds like he is having a helluva season.. good for him. I was hopeful that we'd loan him out for a year and not write him off but this deal has worked out well for both sides.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol

Arshavin can't get off the bench even in this dead rubber of a game. IMO this season he's done more than The Man With No Brain AKA Gervinho.

fuenf

Reus / Götze / Shinji / Ribery it doesnt matter, The Hoff is the best:

KaPCv.jpg

Clegg

Just seeing that Savic scored a brace this weekend to earn a draw for Fiorentina. Sounds like he is having a helluva season.. good for him. I was hopeful that we'd loan him out for a year and not write him off but this deal has worked out well for both sides.

Some players just don't suit the PL.

Look at Veron. World Class in Italy but wildly inconsistent at United and Chelsea.

Le Tissier's grown on me these last 2 seasons. Charlie Nicholas and Paul Merson are still morons though. Champagne Charlie can at least speak English though, I suppose

FootballFan

^Bacon you have more Barca players than I did. Respect :D I didn't have Jordi or Xavi.

I think I hate Bayern fans. They're so insecure. They're like the Liverpool fans of Bundesliga.

:lol

Nah they're alright, they're team is awesome too.

What does annoy me though is the "our player is better" attitude, no matter what position or what discussion you are having about a player, Bayern fans will say their player is better.

Best gk? Neuer. Best CB? Badstuber. Best LB? Alaba? Best youngster? Shaqiri. Best striker? Gomez. Best winger? Ribery. Best box to box? Schweini. Best left footed player? Robben. etc.

You wonder how Bayern doesn't win every single competition every single year when they have the best player in every single position.

Still though, Baaaayeerrrn.

Hixx

Le Tissier's grown on me these last 2 seasons. Charlie Nicholas and Paul Merson are still morons though. Champagne Charlie can at least speak English though, I suppose

Merse talks incredible amounts of shit but he is fucking hilarious.

His tooth falling out live on air was great tv.

Well, at least you are here for Dortmund beating City.

It's usually pretty good fun yeah, although I think I might watch Ajax instead to see the amazing Poulsen. At least will watch until they are 3-0 down, which will probably be after 20 min.

:lol

What does annoy me though is the "our player is better" attitude, no matter what position or what discussion you are having about a player, Bayern fans will say their player is better.

Best gk? Neuer. Best CB? Badstuber. Best LB? Alaba? Best youngster? Shaqiri. Best striker? Gomez. Best winger? Ribery. Best box to box? Schweini. Best left footed player? Robben. etc.

You wonder how Bayern doesn't win every single competition every single year when they have the best player in every single position.

I personally find that quite entertaining.

faridmon

FootballFan said:

They do have strong talents, and I would see the point if one of each players are considered one of the best, but they are bottlers, end of the day, and sadly you will be seen as failure in that case even if you are a great player.

This year is the year of Bayern though.

bud

pique's one of my favorite defenders because he's such a good footballer, but he's been absolute poop for quite some time now.

shakira, dump him immediately.
you only deserve the best.
you deserve me.
please.

fuenf

Yeah, I don't know about destroying, lol

Ribery is really great in 12/13 so far, but he's been somewhat invisible in big games (in 2nd half of 11/12 & Euro).

To be fair, i think he was rather good at the Euro, France just didnt have a striker (Gomez) who could convert any of his passes / crosses. I dont remember seeing Benzema inside the box at all.

pulga

Banned
pique's one of my favorite defenders because he's such a good footballer, but he's been absolute poop for quite some time now.

shakira, dump him immediately.
you only deserve the best.
you deserve me.
please.

Wait, what? You're straight? Or ambidextrous? Im confused :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom