• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Manager

I would have played

----------Benz--------
CR7-----Isco--Di Maria-
-----Modric--Khedira----
Marcelo-Pepe-Varane-Ramos
-----------Lopez

Di Maria instead of Bale. Isco in there. Ramos at rb, I know he is not amazing at defending, but he is better than Arbeloa or Carnival lol.

That is what I would do
in FIFA

Thanks. Is Illarramendi supposed to take over from Khedira in the future, I guess he's the weak link in that team?

Linius

Bah, that sucked.

Its our fault, we let them play at their pace in the first half and just like always we turn it up to 11 when theres 15 minutes left.

Illara, Jese, Modric, Varane ... good stuff there, but it sucks to be 6 points away at this point without there being a clear difference in level of play.

Oh well, congrats Barca fans.

Lol, what's the history of your tag, never noticed that :p

Yes, Illarra should have been there from the start, Isco and Modric with him, Jese, Ronaldo and DiMaria on front.

Carvajal, Varane, Ramos and Marcelo on the back.

Ramos and Khedira on the middle was a huge mistake, we had no way out of there, there were no chances at all, when Illarra came in things changed.

Carlo fucked up.
Agreed 100%. Jess and Isco would of been an interesting formation VS this Barcelona team.

Manager

Yes, Illarra should have been there from the start, Isco and Modric with him, Jese, Ronaldo and DiMaria on front.

Carvajal, Varane, Ramos and Marcelo on the back.

Ramos and Khedira on the middle was a huge mistake, we had no way out of there, there were no chances at all, when Illarra came in things changed.

Carlo fucked up.

Alright, thanks. No pure striker there: is that Carlo's common way too (like tonight), or is it just because of Real currently lacking a pure world class striker? Maybe someone like Lewandowski could be an option or are they happy with just Jese and Benzema?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Lol, what's the history of your tag, never noticed that :p

It used to be about Spanish people but then I got some lovin' from Bish and he changed it to complain about the Dutch.

Carvajal is good! He just needs more minutes.

I dont have a problem with Isco not starting today, he really shat the bed the last few games. Playing the result too much is not really fair.

Hindle

Banned
I've always wondered if the Spanish view La Liga as uncompetitive, or is it just arrogance from the PL fans?

I mean I'd say on paper Barca-Madrid is the best game of football in the world.

Raptor

I agree with those that said that Carlo learned nothing from Mou and how he managed to best barca, you can't win against them like this never, is press and counter with creative midfield, you have Dimaria and Bale there well pass them the ball so they can center, and center and center all the time.

Isco and Modric are good at taken balls away and creating chances out of that, MOdric specially.

Tc91

lol it's still probably twice more than what will happen tomorrow in el plástico

The atmosphere in that classico was so bad. It was pretty boring too. Normally it's 11 cunts vs 11 cunts diving everywhere, surrounding the ref, more goals, more chances etc this was so flat.

perroloco

Neo Member
you can tell when somebody doesnt watch the games of real madrid, isco has been horrible AT LEAST one month.

And i agree Asier should've started the game.

FootballFan

Thought it was an ok game, we did well, Neymar, Busquets and Valdes were great. Xavi and Iniesta looked better too. Though Iniesta did fuck up a few times. Congrats Barca-bros :D Bad luck Madridistas.

oh Rodriguez! almost.

image.php

:)

Raptor

you can tell when somebody dont watch the games of real madrid, isco has been horrible AT LEAST one month.

And i agree Asier should've started the game.

I always watch Madrid games, I think I haven't missed a match in probably 7 years or something unless something really important happens.

Isco even when is not regular is still better than Khedira easily, Khedira always fucks up, Isco out of nowhere could score, put a magic assist.

When Modric and Isco play togheter is a sight to behold.

Feorax

Just catching up on the days football. Unbelievable that Suarez is joint 2nd for top goalscorer this season, despite missing 6 games for his ban.

I'd like to see Alberto given a go further back, maybe paired with Lucas or Allen. He gets his head up and has a great delivery, so he could well be an option there as a deep playmaker if we want to rest Gerrard.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Yeah but its no use complaining much when we were one goalpost and 1 clear PK away from winning the game. If those 2 random ass occurrences had happened then people wouldnt complain about Isco, Kedhira, etc

Suen

We should have had two penalties but I guess with the ref's ass stuffed up with so much of Messi's taxes it's hard to judge a game properly. Regardless congrats Barca fans, I thought both sides started to be pretty equal in the second half, we did concede goals in very stupid mistakes (it just goes to show how vulnerable our defense is, it's a joke) but overall Barca had the better performance.

So Madrid-GAF, Ancelotti decides to use Ramos as DM (a basic mistake) causing Pepe to be used as the second CB next to Varane and thus putting Khedira on the right because of it. Then he takes out Ramos, a smart move perhaps as he might have ended up with a red. But if he had put Ramos as CB from the start we could have taken out that useless piece of fucking dick sweat Khedira and put Illaramendi in. Then he puts that fat french fucker in who did nothing but one fucking good shot throughout the entire second half instead of Bale who was involved very much in the first half of the game. Finally he puts in Jese in too fucking late (fuck you Jese haters, you know who you are). Should have put Jese in a long time ago like some of us mentioned.

Overall he should have had Ramos from the start start as CB, Illara and Modric as DM, subbed in Isco for Di Maria since he didn't get to start and let Jese (should have been Morata) play up there as a striker. But no let's have Khedira run out there for 90 minutes doing nothing as we continue experimenting with our 4-3-3.

Go suck a Juve fan's dick wrapped in vomit-soaked spaghetti Ancelotti.

perroloco

Neo Member
I always watch Madrid games, I think I haven't missed a match in probably 7 years or something unless something really important happens.

Isco even when is not regular is still better than Khedira easily, Khedira always fucks up, Isco out of nowhere could score, put a magic assist.

When Modric and Isco play togheter is a sight to behold.

Im sorry but isco doesnt play the same position that khedira, alarcon is an offensive midfielder (o mediapunta in spanish) like ozil, and khedira isnt. Plus like i said isco is more a guy that keeps the ball and today we needed to play to counter attack (this are the days i miss mesut) and isco doesnt have half of the lungs of khedira, something that we needed today.

Raptor

Yeah but its no use complaining much when we were one goalpost and 1 clear PK away from winning the game. If those 2 random ass occurrences had happened then people wouldnt complain about Isco, Kedhira, etc

Even when we win I always complain of why Khedira is on the pitch, he is useless.

Reminds me of Gravesen.

pulga

Banned
We should have had two penalties but I guess with the ref's ass stuffed up with so much of Messi's taxes it's hard to judge a game properly. Regardless congrats Barca fans, I thought both sides started to be pretty equal in the second half, we did concede goals in very stupid mistakes (it just goes to show how vulnerable our defense is, it's a joke) but overall Barca had the better performance.

So Madrid-GAF, Ancelotti decides to use Ramos as DM (a basic mistake) causing Pepe to be used as the second CB next to Varane and thus putting Khedira on the right because of it. Then he takes out Ramos, a smart move perhaps as he might have ended up with a red. But if he had put Ramos as CB from the start we could have taken out that useless piece of fucking dick sweat Khedira and put Illaramendi in. Then he puts that fat french fucker in who did nothing but one fucking good shot throughout the entire second half instead of Bale who was involved very much in the first half of the game. Finally he puts in Jese in too fucking late (fuck you Jese haters, you know who you are). Should have put Jese in a long time ago like some of us mentioned.

Overall he should have had Ramos from the start start as CB, Illara and Modric as DM, subbed in Isco for Di Maria since he didn't get to start and let Jese (should have been Morata) play up there as a striker. But no let's have Khedira run out there for 90 minutes doing nothing as we continue experimenting with our 4-3-3.

Go suck a Juve fan's dick wrapped in vomit-soaked spaghetti Ancelotti.

You're quickly becoming my favourite poster.

Raptor

Im sorry but isco doesnt play the same position that khedira, alarcon is an offensive midfielder (o mediapunta in spanish) like ozil, and khedira isnt. Plus like i said isco is more a guy that keeps the ball and today we needed to play to counter attack (this are the days i miss mesut) and isco doesnt have half of the lungs of khedira, something that we needed today.

Mesut dissapeared in all the Clasicos.

Ramos doesn't play middfield and he was there, what's your point?

Feorax

I'm interested to see how Ozil plays next week. Historically, he disappears in big games, and next week will arguably be one of the biggest games of the season (especially if Chelsea lose tomorrow).

Then again, we've hardly been a major player in recent history. Should be interesting to watch.

I'm already bricking it.

pulga

Banned
You'd destroy me :(

I play really slow lol. Catch em all, talk to everyone, roller skate in circles etc.

My 6 starters are only level 18 haha.

dont worry

Im sure a ref will pop out of nowhere and slap you with a Full Heal as my Balerion is about to obliterate your Zigzagoon.

Suen

6. FUCKING. POINTS.

2emhefs.gif

Also it's safe to say Bale is flop of the season so far.
lol I fucking love you people. He's had no proper pre-season, he doesn't play from the position he is best at. He's had like 4 apps (and none that have been full 90 min) in the league and people are already calling him "the flop". I suppose if you can't score at least 100 goals despite no pre-season and not enough match fit you are a flop. If that makes him a flop what does that make Neymar with a proper pre-season, fully match-fit from the start of the league with 9 apps (with much more playtime than Bale in each one of them) and only three goals and five assists? Trash? Fucking Barca logic.

Fergie

Banned
lol I fucking love you people. He's had no proper pre-season, he doesn't play from the position he is best at. He's had like 4 apps (and none that have been full 90 min) in the league and people are already calling him "the flop". I suppose if you can't score at least 100 goals despite no pre-season and not enough match fit you are a flop. If that makes him a flop what does that make Neymar with a proper pre-season, fully match-fit from the start of the league with 9 apps (with much more playtime than Bale in each one of them) and only three goals and five assists? Trash? Fucking Barca logic.
Innit. Wasn't a Modric a flop? Lol. Give them time. Shit.

3Sixty

Now i have a moment to type.

Amazing performance from Saints. Unbelievable domination. Fulham looked like a pub team out there.

6 English players start the game.

Are you watching Woy.

Salvadora

I'm interested to see how Ozil plays next week. Historically, he disappears in big games, and next week will arguably be one of the biggest games of the season (especially if Chelsea lose tomorrow).

Then again, we've hardly been a major player in recent history. Should be interesting to watch.

I'm already bricking it.
Napoli doesn't count as a 'big' game?

Fergie

Banned
Now i have a moment to type.

Amazing performance from Saints. Unbelievable domination. Fulham looked like a pub team out there.

6 English players start the game.

Are you watching Woy.
Would be a disgrace if they don't get a look-in for the WC, if they continue this form.

FootballFan

dont worry

Im sure a ref will pop out of nowhere and slap you with a Full Heal as my Balerion is about to obliterate your Zigzagoon.

plug pls.

Had we lost, you can bet your ass we'd be posting how we should have had a penalty for Pepe fouling Cesc in the box, complaining about Sanchez not starting, Tito's(edit lol Tito's :( ) tactics etc.

You lost bro, just take it. Ref talk is boring, unless you want to discuss the one in the Madrid - Juve matches.

Top Bottom