• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Feorax

Napoli doesn't count as a 'big' game?

I'm not saying there aren't exceptions, but his record at Madrid and the game against Dortmund both support said concern.

I suspect he'll improve that at Arsenal anyway. I don't doubt the previous Madrid regime was a factor in why that was the case.

Suen

The atmosphere in that classico was so bad. It was pretty boring too. Normally it's 11 cunts vs 11 cunts diving everywhere, surrounding the ref, more goals, more chances etc this was so flat.
When people don't dive as much and you know...play more football you EPL cunts complain where all the fun is and call the match/league/whatever a joke. When it does happen you guys call the match/league/whatever a joke as well. Fucking insecure cunts who can never be satisfied :lol

Most of the game from the best league is tomorrow! But today I expect Verona to win!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
*serious post*

Madrid were second best in everything tonight and fully deserved to lose.

Penalty or red card aside, you deserved absolutely nothing out of this.

Salvadora

I'm not saying there aren't exceptions, but his record at Madrid and the game against Dortmund both support said concern.

I suspect he'll improve that at Arsenal anyway. I don't doubt the previous Madrid regime was a factor in why that was the case.
He was sick before the Dortmund match.

Think it's daft to be drawing conclusions based on that game. Don't worry Feorax, he'll turn up all right.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Nice win, but I don't think we played that well. Amazing goal from Alexis, and of course Neygod. Messi still looks out of form.

Tc91

Table:

1st. Arsenal
2nd. Liverpool
3rd. Southampton.
4th. Everton
5th. Chelsea

Last time Southampton were 3rd in the table was 1989. The table at this point of the season in that year had the same 5 teams in the top 5.

Manchester United were 8 points off the top and went on to finish 13th.

Liverpool won the league.

We are dead.

Suen

*serious post*

Barca had much better play in the game, their play was smoother and they knew what they were doing. Except that one chance (or was it two chances?) we had in the first half we didn't do much. But we started to get more into the game in the second, still nowhere to be called good let alone great but based on those chances (and that pen) I say we deserved a draw at least. Why do I have to suffer from Ancelotti horrible XI choice? I suffer from it every football week when I see Donadoni's XI. It's unfair.

Timurid

lol I fucking love you people. He's had no proper pre-season, he doesn't play from the position he is best at. He's had like 4 apps (and none that have been full 90 min) in the league and people are already calling him "the flop". I suppose if you can't score at least 100 goals despite no pre-season and not enough match fit you are a flop. If that makes him a flop what does that make Neymar with a proper pre-season, fully match-fit from the start of the league with 9 apps (with much more playtime than Bale in each one of them) and only three goals and five assists? Trash? Fucking Barca logic.

For 100 million euro fee, you dont need a proper pre-season to be class. :p

Scum

Table:

1st. Arsenal
2nd. Liverpool
3rd. Southampton.
4th. Everton
5th. Chelsea

Last time Southampton were 3rd in the table was 1989. The table at this point of the season in that year had the same 5 teams in the top 5.

Manchester United were 8 points off the top and went on to finish 13th.

Liverpool won the league.

We are dead.

Oh crap!

FootballFan

lol I fucking love you people. He's had no proper pre-season, he doesn't play from the position he is best at. He's had like 4 apps (and none that have been full 90 min) in the league and people are already calling him "the flop". I suppose if you can't score at least 100 goals despite no pre-season and not enough match fit you are a flop. If that makes him a flop what does that make Neymar with a proper pre-season, fully match-fit from the start of the league with 9 apps (with much more playtime than Bale in each one of them) and only three goals and five assists? Trash? Fucking Barca logic.

Wrong Suen. Neymar has been our best player with or without the goals and assists. Bale hasn't even had a good appearance yet lol.

No I am not saying he is a flop, but your logic makes as much sense as his.

Neymar played 25minutes in each of his first 3 games IIRC, played 60 in 3 or so others too. He wasn't 100% fit like you say. If you remember, he was subbed on and won Barca the super cup with his goal.

I am more than happy with 3 goals and 5 assists + 1 goal in the super cup. His performances have been great and have helped the team win, which is what matters.

Marc

Missed all the games today. :(

Was Sturridge's goal any good?

Sanchez goal looks amazing, any others I need to check out?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Barca had much better play in the game, their play was smoother and they knew what they were doing. Except that one chance (or was it two chances?) we had in the first half we didn't do much. But we started to get more into the game in the second, still nowhere to be called good let alone great but based on those chances (and that pen) I say we deserved a draw at least.

They took their foot off the pedal after scoring two goals though.

I'm quite sure Dani Alves and Neymar were having a nutmeg competition between them in the 2nd half.

FootballFan

They took their foot off the pedal after scoring two goals though.

I'm quite sure Dani Alves and Neymar were having a nutmeg competition between them in the 2nd half.

I'd love a gif of Alves making a fool of Ronaldo. Bet if Marcelo did it to Messi there'd be one :p

Lightning

Banned
I'm interested to see how Ozil plays next week. Historically, he disappears in big games, and next week will arguably be one of the biggest games of the season (especially if Chelsea lose tomorrow).

Then again, we've hardly been a major player in recent history. Should be interesting to watch.

I'm already bricking it.
Given our players won't have a midweek game this week I feel rather confident. Ozil turned up in many big games with Madrid too. Although I don't consider Liverpool to be that big a game. The United and Dortmund games are bigger.

Fergie

Banned
I'd love a gif of Alves making a fool of Ronaldo. Bet if Marcelo did it to Messi there'd be one :p
tumblr_mvaeyqksds1rtequ6o1_400.gif

Walshy

Southampton really are a club going places.

Shaw and Ward Prowse are going to top players. Ward-Prowse set piece delivery from dead balls reminds me of Beckham, unreal.

Tc91

Southampton really are a club going places.

Shaw and Ward Prowse are going to top players. Ward-Prowse set piece delivery from dead balls reminds me of Beckham, unreal.

Yeah must be surreal for Saints fans, they are a really good club. The pressing game they play is amazing.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sandro, when asked if he'd text Huddlestone before the game tomorrow:

No, but I will kick him if I play.

lol
he also said some nice things

Suen

Wrong Suen. Neymar has been our best player with or without the goals and assists. Bale hasn't even had a good appearance yet lol.

No I am not saying he is a flop, but your logic makes as much sense as his.

Neymar played 25minutes in each of his first 3 games IIRC, played 60 in 3 or so others too. He wasn't 100% fit like you say. If you remember, he was subbed on and won Barca the super cup with his goal.

I am more than happy with 3 goals and 5 assists + 1 goal in the super cup. His performances have been great and have helped the team win, which is what matters.
I never wrote that Neymar was bad anywhere in my post. He's been great for Barca and is definitely showing through his play that he is a great player but he's also had more apps, more time to play and he even participated in your friendlies late summer didn't he? Bale's had less in all of it, and he came in after the league had already started; in fact after we already had played two games before he made his debut in an away game against Villareal.

His first game: 28 minutes
Second: 45 minutes
Third: 14 minutes
Fourth: 45 minutes

Come on...don't even try to compare it to Neymar :lol.

Only an idiot would seriously call him a flop. I find this rather funny, people here in footy gaf call Bale a flop and iirc Marca's readership (which btw I'm sure many Madrid fans follow) said the same about Modric last season (they voted him as the worst signing of the season) yet Modric settled down nicely in the second half of the season and is now a very important player who almost regularly is in the XI. Funny how Madrid haters here have a striking resemblance to Marca followers....I suppose everyone here really is a Madrid fan in their heart and soul ;')

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ancelotti: "Why do I now talk about ref, refusing to do it when Chiellini was sent off after dive Ronaldo? This time I could see it clearly"

Marc

Sanchez' amazing goal was a worse version of Sturridge's goal. Definitely check out Liverpool's goals.

Oh shit... found it, insane!

10494859523_4301be1e2e_o.gif

Doing it going away from goal like that is a very difficult skill, love this guy. Been watching him since I think it was the Milk Cup and Victory Shield, so happy he is getting a run of games now so he can show his class. Can only get better as well, his touches as a youth were bergkamp'esque.

Walshy

Yeah must be surreal for Saints fans, they are a really good club. The pressing game they play is amazing.
Well it's not that surprising when you consider their net spend since they got promoted, but their buys have really been sharp. Lovern for £8m is a bargain as is Boruc on a free transfer.

I'm confident that about three or four of those out of the Southampton first XI would get into our side.

Suen

You can buy Ozil from Arsenal for 100m.
We don't have that special relationship with Arsenal. If Bale doesn't establish himself as an essential player in Madrid after a season or two I can see him being the next Kaka........and I can see him returning to Spurs for free just like Kaka went back to Milan. Perez :lol :lol

feel

I enjoyed the Classico, some great moments. All 4 "stars" were shit overall, save for those few seconds of Ronaldo's run and assist and Neymar's deflected goal. Alexis' goal was a total beauty.

Despite me not caring for Madrid nearly as much, my support is still tilted towards them because of Ronaldo, but I and the rest of the room full of drunken madridistas all wanted Alves to score there, it was a beautiful play. At the time I didn't realize it was fucking Ronaldo tracking back to be the last man and not a proper defender (smh madrid), but still.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Genoa have dropped Francelino Matuzalem against Juventus as punishment after he failed a breathalyser test this week

pulga

Banned
Dear Carlo,

What the fuck were you thinking you chain smoking stronzo

Could you not be bothered to do a little bit of homework? Mourinho tried this bullshit in the first couple of Clasicos, when he slapped Pepe in the middle. Didn't work then, didn't work with Ramos today. Did you not study our recent past matches? If you did, I'm sure you would've known fast, fluid counter attacks is our schtick (ex: Jese's goal! SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER)

Please, everyone who took a look at our formation before the game started immediately knew it was a bad idea. Did Isco cum in your fucking face and blind you? Is that why he's not getting game time? We badly needed a creative spark today.

By the way, it's time to take Khedira to the back shed and shoot him in the back of the head. He's utterly useless. His defensive contribution is nothing to write home about, so why oh why are we sticking with him? He's a fucking turd. Every time he touches the ball near the opp. goal I want to claw my eyes out. He's got 0 technique, 0 shooting ability, passing sucks, HE DOES NOTHING.

In short, this is what you should've played today. Hell, I'll even let you keep Khedira and your shoddy 4-3-3

Lopez; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo; Modric, Khedira, Isco; CR7, Morata, Bale/Di Maria

Bring Jese/Di Maria on in the second half, slap Illarra on somewhere down the line, and if you needed some muscle to defend a result, bring Pepe in.

Might not have netted us a win, but surely it's better than the cat puke you set us up with in the first half.

In short, shove some penne up your ass and go fuck yourself back to Milan.

Yours,

pulga

plug pls.

Had we lost, you can bet your ass we'd be posting how we should have had a penalty for Pepe fouling Cesc in the box, complaining about Sanchez not starting, Tito's(edit lol Tito's :( ) tactics etc.

You lost bro, just take it. Ref talk is boring, unless you want to discuss the one in the Madrid - Juve matches.

Im just kidding bro, we were definitely unlucky not to come out with a point though.

Think it's time to sell Messi, Neymar is outshining him :loooool

*serious post*

Yurt pls. Stop being a blind fanbaby. Madrid dominated much of the second half, Valdes saved Barca's skin so many times tonight.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
GAME ON VERONA

Yurt pls. Stop being a blind fanbaby. Madrid dominated much of the second half, Valdes saved Barca's skin so many times tonight.

fanbaby
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I still love you pulg, but you're still a half Madridista cunt.

Top Bottom