• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Ozil just posted this on twitter

BYEKFygIQAAlQsJ.jpg:large

:/

That seems threatening. One game ban pls.

Fintan

Nice to have a week without Michael Owen. Was seriously putting me off BT Sport matches. Not that this new guy is great or anything, but at least it's not Owen.

I've been hearing some rumours that Wilshire is injured for today. Ankle playing up.

Nothing confirmed yet.

Bittersweet. The good news is that I really hoped Rosicky would start, as it surely means Cazorla would be on the right. Didn't want an injury to Jack to be the cause of that though. =/

Nice to have a week without Michael Owen. Was seriously putting me off BT Sport matches. Not that this new guy is great or anything, but at least it's not Owen.

I don't mind it so much. His nasal, monotone voice is obviously a massive deterrent, but he talks a lot of sense. One other problem with his commentary is the way he talks about players as though they should be perfect. If a ball rolls out of play, he blames the player for not having the pace to catch up with it. If a ball is booted at someone at stomach height, he expects an immaculate first touch.

Fintan

I don't mind it so much. His nasal, monotone voice is obviously a massive deterrent, but he talks a lot of sense. One other problem with his commentary is the way he talks about players as though they should be perfect. If a ball rolls out of play, he blames the player for not having the pace to catch up with it. If a ball is booted at someone at stomach height, he expects an immaculate first touch.
That's definitely part of it, but also I think he has a tendency to state the very obvious or just almost repeat his co-commentators questions/statements back at them. Or maybe I just don't like him for some weird reason, because I guess you could say the same things about most commentators.

That's definitely part of it, but also I think he has a tendency to state the very obvious or just almost repeat his co-commentators questions/statements back at them. Or maybe I just don't like him for some weird reason, because I guess you could say the same things about most commentators.

Obviously he's a massive charisma-less turncoat cunt, so he has that going against him in the eyes of most as well :p

Fintan

Obviously he's a massive charisma-less turncoat cunt, so he has that going against him in the eyes of most as well :p
What do you think of BT Sport overall? Not that impressed with their PL coverage. Their Sunday Night European Football is pretty good. With some of those panelists, it's the closest thing we've got to a TV version of Football Weekly.

What do you think of BT Sport overall? Not that impressed with their PL coverage. Their Sunday Night European Football is pretty good. With some of those panelists, it's the closest thing we've got to a TV version of Football Weekly.

Rubbish. Shite coverage, worse pundits, even worse match lineup. The stuff that BTSport have that is actually interesting (foreign league highlights) can be found online easily. May well cancel soon, Sky have fuck all to be worried about if this is their big push to take over subscription sports coverage

Even my waifu Jake Humphries seems like he's going through the motions there

choodi

Banned
Probably putting the curse on them, but we have been decent so far. Better than I expected anyway.

Tiote seems to have his groove back.

No idea what Ameobi is doing on the field.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ameobi can at least pressure defenders. Cisse is just useless, the Senegalese Pavlyuchenko. Only worse.

Arnie

Cisse's always been shit. This isn't a dip in form. He just isn't getting volcanic slices of luck with his aimless punts towards goal.

cisse.gif

What happened?

The purple patch ended. Same with Jelavic. Once the goals stopped coming easily, his head went down, he started thinking too much about his finishes and he lost all of his threat. I thought with his numerous goals in the Europa League last year and the few in the PL that one of them would have sparked a decent run of form, but nope. This has become his level, January to May 2012 has become the oddity.

Just watched an ad for the Xbox One. Far more emphasis was put on the media and social features than the games.

Really? Fifa, Ryse, Dead Rising, Titanfall, Forza were all represented in the advert... it was showing off everything it can do. There was equal emphasis.

Clegg

Really? Fifa, Ryse, Dead Rising, Titanfall, Forza were all represented in the advert... it was showing off everything it can do. There was equal emphasis.
But they were all framed under the media and social bracket. Like the games were secondary and the social features were the real selling point.

Arnie

Just watched an ad for the Xbox One. Far more emphasis was put on the media and social features than the games.
Which is even stranger when you consider it's got the better set of exclusives as things stand. I'd swap my Killzone for a TitanFall any day of the week. And don't get me started on Knack and Ryse.

At least ill have Battlefield.

Which is even stranger when you consider it's got the better set of exclusives as things stand. I'd swap my Killzone for a TitanFall any day of the week. And don't get me started on Knack and Ryse.

At least ill have Battlefield.

You seem to have accidentally lumped in a shitty Xbox One exclusive with the shitty PS4 exclusives :p

Ryse looks great. It's got Batman's combat in a Gladiator skin.

Sony hivemind just likes to have a pop.

Looks like crap. Just like any exclusive launch game for both consoles... Really battlefield is the only game of them I would consider buying on them and I got that on pc already.

Looks like crap. Just like any exclusive launch game for both consoles... Really battlefield is the only game of them I would consider buying on them and I got that on pc already.

Forza will be pretty good I think. Hopefully Turn10 carry on improving and make Polyphony pull their fingers out.

Showaddy

Ryse looks great. It's got Batman's combat in a Gladiator skin.

Sony hivemind just likes to have a pop.

It did look utter shit at E3 though, yeah they've improved it since then but if you're going to show off a shitty QTE fest at E3 that shit will stick.

Top Bottom