• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

You know what was amazing?

Timesplitters 2. Fuck you Free Radical for making Haze, and fuck you Crytek for not giving them a chance to correct their error

Lightning

Banned
People were making similar predictions about Norwich last season which never panned out, I don't know why people always have them down for relegation, at least over Cardiff or Hull. They're not a strong team but Hughton's certainly good enough to keep them up.
Well that depends. Right now Crystal Palace and Sunderland are getting themselves into a hole where they need 6 points just to get out of relegation. That's a lot of points for that end of the table and over the next 6 games we'll see how the others go. Cardiff have home gaimes against Man United and Arsenal coming up while Norwich have City away up next.

Steve Bruce is also a good manager who can keep Hull in the PL. Malky has made a promising start with Cardiff and Mark Hughes should be good enough to keep Stoke up. So Chris Hughton has a battle on his hands this season.

You clearly haven't played Super Mario 64 when it came out. Or ever. It was just so mind-bogglingly ahead of everything else at that time, one of those games you simply could not miss as a proper gamer. We had to sell the PS1. My father wouldn't even consider buying me two consoles, so (temporary) sacrifices had to be made. One of the best decisions of my life, surely. Fuck, Mario 64 was incredible, as was Pilotwings and International Superstar Soccer '98.

as an arcade child, Mario 64 looked like SHIT next to Virtua Fighter 3 and Scud Race.

Scud Race still looks modern and it's nearly 20 years old
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTUYSN_aDAA

and VF3... mind blower. this came out in 1996, 2 year before DC, 3 before PS2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buuDqbouIJE

Mario looked stone age next to this.

Scum

You clearly haven't played Super Mario 64 when it came out. Or ever. It was just so mind-bogglingly ahead of everything else at that time, one of those games you simply could not miss as a proper gamer. We had to sell the PS1. My father wouldn't even consider buying me two consoles, so (temporary) sacrifices had to be made. One of the best decisions of my life, surely. Fuck, Mario 64 was incredible, as was Pilotwings and International Superstar Soccer '98.

Give it time, it'll 'click'.

Why God Hand is so awesome.

One of the best games I've ever played, honestly.

Fuck yeah! You two. Straight to the top of the list.

I didn't play anything until like 2001, except for FIFA 99 :p

Played Mario 64 at my cousin's house, it was alright

If God Hand is so good, why did IGN give it a 4?

Bottom of the list you go.

Mario 64 was (and still is!) amazing. Just a magical experience to play through when you're 5 or 6 years old.

Another to the top list.

You know what was amazing?

Timesplitters 2. Fuck you Free Radical for making Haze, and fuck you Crytek for not giving them a chance to correct their error

Okay. I'll let you off this time.

as an arcade child, Mario 64 looked like SHIT next to Virtua Fighter 3 and Scud Race.

Scud Race still looks modern and it's nearly 20 years old
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTUYSN_aDAA

and VF3... mind blower. this came out in 1996, 2 year before DC, 3 before PS2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buuDqbouIJE

Mario looked stone age next to this.

Lambda pls. You'll be bottom of the list if it wasn't for Cardozo.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
FIGHT!

Bergessio will be out for at least two months and accepted Chiellini’s apology, but in his Press conference on Friday Conte said anyone calling the defender unsporting “should wash their mouths out.”

Catania President Pulvirenti responded angrily via ansa news agency.

“Instead of talking about oral hygiene, Conte should watch the video images of the game. You can clearly read his lips as he tells Bergessio that Chiellini should’ve been sent off for that foul.

“The banality of Conte’s declaration is matched only by his arrogance

Bottom of the list you go.

Another to the top list.

Okay. I'll let you off this time.

Lambda pls. You'll be bottom of the list if it wasn't for Cardozo.

For me to consider a Mario game alright, is a great compliment to the game :p

Shitting myself for tonight's game. At least Spurs and/or Everton will be dropping points as well. And Southampton hopefully :x

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So will Newcastle have any of their defenders back today? Or will part-time waterboys Williamson and Yanga-Mbiwa be playing?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
God Hand is the best beat beat-em-up I've ever played.

ali-g-respect-o.gif

For me to consider a Mario game alright, is a great compliment to the game :p

lol

Didn't you crown TLoU 'GOTG'? Your taste is, and will always be, irrelevant. You're the Russian league of tastes, the Fry of Brazilians and the red team of Liverpool.

spanking2.gif

Lightning

Banned
So will Newcastle have any of their defenders back today? Or will part-time waterboys Williamson and Yanga-Mbiwa be playing?
I hope you're not expecting Newcastle to do us a favour and take points off Chelsea?

Shitting myself for tonight's game. At least Spurs and/or Everton will be dropping points as well. And Southampton hopefully :x
I'm hoping Fulham turn up against Man United.

Southampton don't worry me. In great form, good squad, but won't sustain top 4 challenge so the only time I will worry about them is if we play them.

confuziz

Banned
'Which of the following years was the best for your buying power (consumer spending) if you look at this graph?'

A. 2008
B. 2009
C. 2010
D. 2011

Student answer : Yes.

fml

3273.png

What will City's front line look like? I really like Negredo but he doesn't get enough starts in my opinion. What say you, ManCity-GAF? Who will start today?

Ushojax

I hope you're not expecting Newcastle to do us a favour and take points off Chelsea?

I'm not expecting anything but Newcastle did win this fixture last season. I'm just wondering whether Newcastle will have a slim chance or no chance at all. Yanga-Mbiwa is that bad.

sohois

I'm not expecting anything but Newcastle did win this fixture last season. I'm just wondering whether Newcastle will have a slim chance or no chance at all. Yanga-Mbiwa is that bad.

Newcastle seem like a team that are going to be fairly unpredictable in their results, like in some weeks the likes of Ben Arfa will really turn up whilst others be completely unremarkable.

Linius

Did Naughty Dog announce or show anything yesterday btw? I remember somebody said he was gonna watch the VGA's for a trailer.

Oooh, I guess I misread it completely.

Maybe ND's next game is a time traveler game then? :p

I don't know if they would show a ND game at the VGAs. I might wrong but TLoU wasn't that far off, there's enough excitement around the PS4 as it is. They don't need ND to ramp that up.

Rumour has it that Bend (who made Uncharted Vita) are working on Uncharted PS4 but even that might not be there until E3.

Suen

:lol that thread about the guy who talks about how his wife has faked orgasm.....talk about having your priorities so wrong...

spidye

super mario galaxy was the reason to own a wii and one of the best games ever.

looking back at wii it had some great games but far too few to make the wii a memorable console.

SMG 1,2
Smash Brawl
Little King's Story
Wii Sports
Zelda Twilight Princess
Resident Evil 4
Super Paper Mario
Xenoblade (wouldn't have thought that the best console jrpg last gen is on a nintendo console and from nintendo)

SMB 3 > SMW > SMB > SMB 2

Fuck Mario in 3D, seriously fuck that 3D bullshit, 2D or nothing. Haven't played the New Super Mario Bros titles for Wii/DS/Wii U etc. so can't comment on those.

Suen and Jupp you're cunts

Fuck Mario in 3D lol

It's only cubes like you who think that

You're living in the past you nostalgia whore cunts

SMG is one of the best games ever, you're nothing but an egg if you think otherwise

Suen

super mario galaxy was the reason to own a wii and one of the best games ever.

looking back at wii it had some great games but far too few to make the wii a memorable console.

SMG 1,2
Smash Brawl
Little King's Story
Wii Sports
Zelda Twilight Princess
Resident Evil 4
Super Paper Mario
Xenoblade (wouldn't have thought that the best console jrpg last gen is on a nintendo console and from nintendo)
Yeah the Xenoblade was a fucking surprise. I mean Monolith Soft does some great stuff but the best JRPG on Wii? :lol I didn't get to play Monster Hunter 3 as I never had time but since I played the previous two ones and the third looks great I bet it was a good game (though I heard it had less content in comparison to MH/MHFU). Personally I've liked the little I've played from Pandora and Last Story but I'm probably softer on the requirements of those Japanese titles than most are these days. I'm sure I'll find something to get angry about later :p

Suen

Fuck Mario in 3D lol

SMG is one of the best games ever, you're nothing but an egg if you think otherwise
Sleepless pls, I played SMB3 last year (and it was years since I played it last time). What a masterpiece.

Linius

Fuck Mario in 3D lol

In the spirit of Wilbury, you speak like a true follower.

Arnie

@ people with a clue about law, why are the tabloids allowed to talk about the Maddie suspect as though he definitely did it? Even though he's dead, surely that count as defamation or something, and they could be sued by his family if insufficient evidence is found?
Regarding media law it isn't libellous to defame the dead. You cannot ruin the image of someone who isn't alive, and said person cannot tell a court that they feel their image has been sufficiently stained. It's a shitty thing to do, but it isn't illegal.

Will probably miss Chelsea as I'm on a train. Not arsed. Newcastle are fucking bogwater.

Manager

Such a waste. Damn it Wenger we should have brought him first.

Waste, why? Jovetic has been injured, constantly. He's been getting chances but then become injured. As soon as he's fit he'll play, a lot. If anyone it's Dzeko who is on his way out, since he's limited to striker only. Jovetic can play left wing, supporting striker and striker.

What will City's front line look like? I really like Negredo but he doesn't get enough starts in my opinion. What say you, ManCity-GAF? Who will start today?

Negredo has been getting all starts except the first few matches, he just had to fight his way in since Dzeko rightly so was given a chance in the beginning.

Jovetic is injured and Dzeko and Negredo both played 110+ minutes on Wednesday. But I'd guess Aguero and Negredo, if the latter isn't tired, then Pellegrini might go for a supporting striker in Nasri or Silva.

Ushojax

Eden Hazard has been the most creative player in the league this season.

In second place? Kyle Walker.

LTWheels

"It may become difficult if you lose that one striker," said Rodgers. "I'd think Arsène Wenger will look to get a striker in [in January] and will be hoping and praying that he doesn't get any injuries. And he's obviously got … Nicklas Bendtner."

GorillaJu

Mario 64 and Super Mario World are timeless classics, two of the best games ever made, IMO. Other than those two, every Mario game has been good but not incredible.

Tried to play Mario 64 around 2008 and could not get into it at all, never played it when I was a kid, did play the 2d ones though and still feel they are way better, just pure platforming joy which I would still want to play if it didn't mean having to get one of those shitty wii's.

Top Bottom