• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Marc

Well that game was crazy. Although I thought people were to quick to underrate Pardew and the Newcastle squad, I didn't think they had it in them to boss a game like that against Chelsea.

Makes Liverpool's draw look a good result to an extent.

Strange season though, unless Arsenal win today... then they will have to be favourites for the title and seems clear they will buy a striker in Jan (not sure who is left at this point).

I wonder if anybody ever told a joke involving Stoke deciding not to bother with a target man and telling the keeper to just lump it straight at the goal?

Scum

BBC said:
GOAL - Stoke 1-0 Southampton - Asmir Begovic (1 minute)

Extraordinary! Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic scores after 14 seconds!
It's a windy day at the Britannia, it always is, but this is a monster of a wind-assisted goal! Begovic kicks it from deep in his own penalty area, Southampton's centre-halves let the ball bounce and it skips over the head of Artur Boruc to fly into the net. What a start!

Manager

Apparently no record.
Ledley King 10 seconds 2000/01 v Bradford City
Alan Shearer 10.4 seconds 2003 v Man City
Mark Viduka 11.1 seconds 2001 v Charlton
Today's goal 12 seconds

Well that game was crazy. Although I thought people were to quick to underrate Pardew and the Newcastle squad, I didn't think they had it in them to boss a game like that against Chelsea.

Makes Liverpool's draw look a good result to an extent.

Strange season though, unless Arsenal win today... then they will have to be favourites for the title and seems clear they will buy a striker in Jan (not sure who is left at this point).
Benzema innit.

Even though he's crap.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Apparently no record.
Ledley King 10 seconds 2000/01 v Bradford City
Alan Shearer 10.4 seconds 2003 v Man City
Mark Viduka 11.1 seconds 2001 v Charlton
Today's goal 12 seconds

Ledley still the GOAT.

nampad

Sobiech is such a loser. Marwijk should have given Mancienne a chance or move Westermann back into the center for Lam. Still don't know what Kreuzer and Fink were thinking. He isn't better than any of the available CB that are now getting their wage for sitting around. I can only understand the situation around Rajkovic because of his critic.

And van der Vaart, please let Calhanoglu do every freekick :/

Btw, go Hoffenheim. Never thought I would say that but they have to win.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Gooooooooooooooooooooalllllllllllllll Valencia

Hixx

Borini if you are going to literally push a team mate off the ball you cannot pass to the opposition 2 seconds later.

Top Bottom