• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Scum

_70868870_fa0e653c-e352-48ec-b621-d4451af7aca5.jpg

Walshy

Really don't know why you wouldn't start McLaughlin, I can't see Flanagan going forward that often and that is really what makes this 3-5-2 work.

sohois

Flanagan made his debut at the Emirates didn't he? And he bossed that game. Surprised people are suddenly so down on him, he's not a great player by any means but he pretty much hasn't played since the Sunderland game under Kenny.

I'd even play move Kolo to RWB and play Agger CB before playing Flanagan.

Kelly, Henderson, McLaughlin

All of them better than Flanagan at RB by multitudes. Don't rate him at all, he'll either get sent off, give away a ridiculous number of dangerous free kicks, or directly cost us goals

Feorax

If I'm honest, I'd look to sell Johnson, Kelly and Flanagan in the summer, and buy one real
classy RB, using McLaughlin as backup.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That Liverpool lineup is baffling, Kelly and Agger on the bench but he picks Flanagan? I get that he's a natural full back but still, he's going to get destroyed by Cazorla.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Fulham are more likely to score than we are

That Liverpool lineup is baffling, Kelly and Agger on the bench but he picks Flanagan? I get that he's a natural full back but still, he's going to get destroyed by Cazorla.

Honestly, it strikes me as being similar to the 4 centre back experiment against Southampton. He probably has some idea in his head that he thinks is genius, but will prove to be self-destructive stupidness

Walshy

Honestly, it strikes me as being similar to the 4 centre back experiment against Southampton. He probably has some idea in his head that he thinks is genius, but will prove to be self-destructive stupidness
I'd rather have Flanagan playing than Kelly.

He was destroyed last week, it was awful to watch.

Tc91

Kagawa is done at United.

Been absolutely invisible since coming on and whenever he's had the ball he's gave it away.

Back to Germany you go Shinji.

Fergie

Banned
Kagawa is done at United.

Been absolutely invisible since coming on and whenever he's had the ball he's gave it away.

Back to Germany you go Shinji.
Hasn't had many games to play, but I'm not gonna defend this display today. Invisible as fuck. I still have hope.

I'd rather have Flanagan playing than Kelly.

He was destroyed last week, it was awful to watch.

Put him back in the U21s until he's fit then. Put Henderson at RWB and start Coutinho at the point of the midfield 3. Promote McLaughlin. Put Toure at RWB, Skrtel at RCB and Agger in the middle. Change the formation. Anything.

:(

pls prove me wrong

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Yeah Shinji has been abhorrent since he came on, people can say all they like about playing out of position but that doesnt excuse his rampant possession loss and uninspired passing. He had a few semi decent games recently which made me sit up a bit but then he goes and plays like this :/

Feorax

Arsenal's starting XI are far better, bit there's nothing really on the bench for them to change the game if it's not going their way. If we can get to 60 mins level, we could bring on one of Coutinho, Sterling or Moses to attack, or maybe even Allen to reinforce the midfield.

Bumhead

Banned
Are you Liverpool fans exaggerating?

Your drama is potentially going to effect my evenings gambling so I need to know where we all stand on this Flanagan thing.

Top Bottom