• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Marc

Starting to think Wilshere can't run due to smokers lung, so any touch just takes a fall so he can have a bit of a rest. Bless him. :(

Fergie

Banned
rafa-benitez5.jpg

Do one, Fergie
ebf157e55579749f31a445a26d524a48298.gif

You would think De Gea was in goal with the amount of shots Dortmund are taking outside the box.

You mean De Gea of old?

L1NETT

Wilshere needs a good square meal in him. Toughen up kid.

1-1 between us and Preston. Hoping for 3 points with wolves on Saturday.

Suen

Wilshere has been meh, Özil has been invisible. Sure he's improved quite a bit in Arsenal, especially in attack. He dares to try and score much more now and does a rather good job at it when he gets the chance but he still has the same Madrid-Özil inconsistency. He shows up in some important games and disappears completely in others.

We were really slow most of the half; except a few decent attemps on attack we seemed to lose possesion very easily as soon as we moved over to Dortmunds half. Dortmund also held us back quite a bit on our own half were we just kept passing the ball around doing nothing. Our build up play has been mostly mediocre imo...Wilshere and Özil should be doing lots of the work to link up with the front but none of them have made any good effort.

For all the talk about Flamini, does anyone really think he could cope with that kind of pressing in midfield? BVB have suffocated us at times but Arteta keeps finding the gaps, that's the difference.

Rosicky's been impressive, always trying to make things happen, and I think we've started to ping it about well at points but the final ball has been lacking. Giroud continues to be a menace for CBs though and can get himself some more chances if the team's up to it. Ramsey's shown good character after his early mistake also.

Ozil's struggling abit, not finding the space to flourish, but he and Arsene will be fully aware of that. Will expect better from him in the 2nd half.

Spurs are the only good team they've played and they "only" won 1-0 in a tight game. It was at home and we were - still are, of course - gelling as half a new team. I'm looking forward to them facing some challenges, but if they continue to play like this all season, they could be genuine title contenders let alone scrapping for 4th with us.

We also beat Napoli comfortably.

But I agree, we'll know more about us in December. It takes nerve as well as talent to win the big games and I want to see if we have that.

bud

i've only seen about ten minutes of the end, but i do think arsenal recovered from a lousy start (according to the comments here). it still looks very shaky, though. even with flamini's presence, they still look vulnerable when the opponent is counter-attacking.

giroud's

FootballFan

Finished Homeland Season 1. Last episode or two were pretty crazy(literally). Will start season 2. Heard great things about it
from Fry

bud

i'm really glad giroud scored. it's been a while since he last scored.

Think people are really overestimating Flamini in relation to this game.

Dortmund have been really good at giving us nothing.

yeah, it's just the entire team that's not putting enough pressure on the ball when they lose it.

Suen

looooool read on uefa's homepage that this was Herrera CL debut. 6 minutes and out on his debut....horrible Porto-GAF :lol

Linius

You're all fancy passing and no threat at goal. We're letting you play like that cause it's pretty. :)

It's alright, we'll take the 6 points and we'll do it without stringing more than 3 passes together.

Don't confuse Celtic with Real Madrid buddy.

Good to see Torres getting on the score sheet and happy we're leading. But the way we're playing, letting Schalke have possession and pen us in, we're just asking to concede. They'll eventually turn the half chances in to goals, which they almost did in the last five minutes or so.

Need to start dictating the play and actually putting the ball about, maybe consider completing a few passes.

Also, hook Hazard and give Mata a go. Think I saw Hazard twice that whole first half.

Top Bottom