• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

Haryanto and Wehrlein the favorites for the last Sauber seat - Autosport

Manor going for the highest bidders - AMUS

So that's Manor, Force India, Haas and possibly Sauber rejecting Wehrlein - wow, this guy must be a huge arsehole behind the scenes if he's driveless next season. Has Hammer got any dirt to dish?

DD

So that's Manor, Force India, Haas and possibly Sauber rejecting Wehrlein - wow, this guy must be a huge arsehole behind the scenes if he's driveless next season. Has Hammer got any dirt to dish?
As far as I know, Wehrlein is the favorite to take Nasr seat because Toto is moving the pieces around, specially because Pascal is pissed about Ocon moving up before him.

This weekend is also the GP2 finale, with Giovinazzi leading Gasly by 7 points.
Go, Antonio! :)

But what about Esteban "never manor" Gutierrez?

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge

I keep reading that Wehrlein was very hard to work with when he was in DTM, but I can't find any details or examples supporting that claim.

Aiii

So not worth it
Kinda hoping Giovinazzi loses the title so he can do another year in GP2.

There's no place for him in F1 and I fear that if he needs to leave GP2, he'll fade into obscurity without ever getting his shot. I mean, his ties with Ferrari are well and good, but how often do those ties lead to F1 opportunities? Maybe once Vettel throws a fit and tries to punch Arrivabene in the face and gets fired, perhaps...

Fisico

Kinda hoping Giovinazzi loses the title so he can do another year in GP2.

Last GP2 champion to move directly into a F1 drive was Grosjean after his 2011 title anyway, both Gasly and Giovanizzi might as well move into another formula next year.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Last GP2 champion to move directly into a F1 drive was Grosjean after his 2011 title anyway, both Gasly and Giovanizzi might as well move into another formula next year.

Red Bull has already been speaking to teams about putting Gasly into Super Formula next year.

Fox Mulder

I dont care, didnt enjoy this season outside of Max Verstappen.

Pretty much.

Ferrari sucks, Williams got worse, Mercs still dominant but almost never offer great racing between the two. Redbull only pinched two wins this year.

As far as I know, Wehrlein is the favorite to take Nasr seat because Toto is moving the pieces around, specially because Pascal is pissed about Ocon moving up before him.

Whats even the point of leaving manor for sauber, who's running year old Ferrari engines.

Pascal must not be that great.

Zeknurn

hxSKKCW.jpg

Hockenheim isn't happening. Budapest is one week later. Singapore and Malaysia switch dates.

Autosport - A new investor is in advanced talks with Manor Racing to acquire a majority stake in the Formula 1 team

Hammer24

Banned

There is no dirt
MER simply doesn't want to pony up The same kind of money the others bring.

DieH@rd

Banned

DBT85

It won't happen. It was supposed to 2 years ago and the teams rightly gave a huge list of why it's stupid.

A grid start after a SC start in rain however is different and is what I thought they wanted to introduce.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Couldn't watch the race but LeClerc wins the GP3 title after Albon crashes out. The latter did say he would take risks to try and defeat LeClerc. Guess it didn't work out for him.

BigAl1992

Well, I'm glad this season is over. Well done to Nico, Finally, and Lewis went down fighting as I expect no less from him. But I'm just glad this season is over. It's been less than impressive in terms of excitement, and every discussion I've seen about Lewis AND Nico has been toxic, to the point I found it genuinely awkward to watch it unfold, both here and on Facebook. Now I know people wan their favourite driver to win, but sheesh, it got really bad this year. Anyway, onwards to 2017 and hopefully, upwards too. I'm getting too old for this "one team rules the grid" shit.

Jezbollah

Well, I'm glad this season is over. Well done to Nico, Finally, and Lewis went down fighting as I expect no less from him. But I'm just glad this season is over. It's been less than impressive in terms of excitement, and every discussion I've seen about Lewis AND Nico has been toxic, to the point I found it genuinely awkward to watch it unfold, both here and on Facebook. Now I know people wan their favourite driver to win, but sheesh, it got really bad this year. Anyway, onwards to 2017 and hopefully, upwards too. I'm getting too old for this "one team rules the grid" shit.

Call me cynical, but there is always one team who ends up light years ahead of everyone else (one team rules the grid...) in the year of a major regulations change. In 1998 going from wider track and slicks to narrow track and grooved tyres it was McLaren. In 2009 going from the wing changes and back to slicks it was Brawn. I suspect that this will happen again next year - and my bet is on Red Bull.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
  • Record points haul from Mercedes - 765 points. 62 more than in 2015. But there were more races this year, compared to previous years.
  • Ferrari scored less points compared to 2015 season : 398 vs 428. And no wins this year. Big boss Sergio will probably sack somebody.
  • RBR had much much better season (TAG engine maps PRESS). From 187 to 468 points.
  • Best season so far for Force India, 4th place with 173 points.
  • Bad season for Williams, slipped from 3rd to 5th in WCC (only 138 points, compared to 320 in 2015)
  • I hope that Monisha gives Nasr a hefty award for his heroic drive at home GP, which secured two golden points and 30 millions for next year.
  • Newcomer Haas got pretty lucky with good first races (benefited greatly from indirect Ferrari help and vice versa). But lack of car development hurt them in the second half of the season and things are not looking good for 2017.

Zeknurn

Unless my math is wrong, Mercedes secured 81% of possible points as opposed to the current record of Mercedes with 83% in 2015.

Top Bottom