• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Unless my math is wrong, Mercedes secured 81% of possible points as opposed to the current record of Mercedes with 83% in 2015.

I was just adding in upper post, that we had more races compared to 2015 :)

Also Ted's Notebook is on Youtube, if you missed drunk Jense :D

xrnzaaas

Please let the next season shake things up, at least a little. I know we have a new champion this year, but my excitement about this sport is similar to the Schumacher dominance era.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I hope next year will be more competitive. Would love for Williams and McLaren to get better.

Haas did pretty well considering they're a new team. More sponsors, more money maybe?

Renault needs to get much better.

Sauber seems kinda hopeless tbh.

Wonder what Manor will be called next year.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Really enjoyed the finale. Was at the edge of my seat. Was pulling for Hamilton, but oh well. Can't wait for next year.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Ugh, just realized the next Formula-E race isn't until Feb 18.

What's there to watch now that's GP3/GP2/F1 is over?

Next year will be McLaren's year, just wait and see.

Nailed it!

Peter P's aero research 90% chosen for the new regs, the new Honda pu has been up and running on the dyno for months, amus reports a 22% increase in power (est. 1100bhp). McHonda is Brawning up the competition next season.

The Stoff WDC 2017

Razgreez

Nailed it!

Peter P's aero research 90% chosen for the new regs, the new Honda pu has been up and running on the dyno for months, amus reports a 22% increase in power (est. 1100bhp). McHonda is Brawning up the competition next season.

The Stoff WDC 2017

This smells of deja vu. The regs are even less aero focused next year so either their engine leap frogs everybody else or they're stuck in the same place.

xrnzaaas

Jenson's dating Brittny Ward? Man he's not going to be sad during his retirement. Also I hope that he'll do commenting on at least the British GP next year.

PS. I apologize if my post is to gossipy, but I wanted to make an exception. ;)

Jenson's dating Brittny Ward? Man he's not going to be sad during his retirement. Also I hope that he'll do commenting on at least the British GP next year.

PS. I apologize if my post is to gossipy, but I wanted to make an exception. ;)

Gossip is fine. It's not like we have much else to discuss, now that the season is over.

g4dndOS.jpg

Final results of the GAF predictor league. Further evidence that this year was horrifically predictable for the most part.

Spades

"I think all we can say is that it was a tough season, things happened and there were lots of what-ifs' throughout the season."

A great quote I found from... Hamilton in 2008, responding to Massa's claim that an engine failure when leading in Hungary (and subsequent Singapore shenanigans) cost him the WDC.

Isn't it funny how things turn out?

Fox Mulder

I think Kvyat's expression is the best. Can't believe that RBR swapped him this year for Verstappen, in the middle of the season. And he even got his TR contract extended. Talk about taking an L.

Kyvat got fucked this year, especially with max and vettel having their dumb moments as well.

TR should be better with that Renault engine next year though.

Is Palmer shopped in? He looks a bit weird around the edges.

He just nails that cardboard cutout stance.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Oh shit, I just realized this is an actual achievement in Motorsport Manager:

C0Rg4Ly.png

The subtitle choice for the OT really worked out!

DBT85

They cancelled the Christmas lunch, and you know how religious them Italians are so you just know that'll light a fire under their asses henceforth.

lol. Maybe Monza being saved for 3 more year will inspire them to greatness?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38146270
The future of the Italian Grand Prix at the historic Monza circuit has been secured for the next three seasons.

Monza has signed a new contract until 2019 with Formula 1's commercial arm worth a total of 68m Euros (£60.5m).

F1 will receive €22m in 2017 and 2018 and €24m in 2019, according to a source close to the deal.
EDIT:

Also Pirelli tested 96 different prototypes on th last day of testing. Not sure how they did that many.

Pirelli said it has now tested 96 different prototypes for the 2017 tyres, coving about 12000KM
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127326/nearly-100-prototypes-tried-in-2017-tyre-test

Pirelli said it tested approximately 96 different prototypes on the final day of its 2017 Formula 1 tyre testing programme.

For the first time this season, all three mule cars from Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari ran on track at the same time in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday.

It was the 24th day of testing, which has allowed Pirelli to complete around 12,000km of running to help define next year's bigger and wider tyres.

Top Bottom