• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

Mastah

AUTOSPORT'S 2016 TEAM BOSS'S TOP 10

1 Lewis Hamilton, 234 points (No change)
2 Max Verstappen, 183 (Up two places)
3 Nico Rosberg, 176 (No change)
4 Daniel Ricciardo, 133 (Up five)
5 Sebastian Vettel, 90 (Down three)
6 Fernando Alonso, 67 (No change)
7 Kimi Raikkonen, 61 (Up three)
8 Sergio Perez, 52 (No change)
9 Valtteri Bottas, 26 (Down two)
10 Carlos Sainz Jr, 25 (New entry)

WHO VOTED

Toto Wolff, Mercedes
Christian Horner, Red Bull
Maurizio Arrivabene, Ferrari
Vijay Mallya, Force India
Claire Williams, Williams
Eric Boullier, McLaren
Franz Tost, Toro Rosso
Gunther Steiner, Haas
Fred Vasseur, Renault
Monisha Kaltenborn, Sauber
Dave Ryan, Manor

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127328/team-bosses-name-hamilton-2016-best-driver

Aiii

So not worth it
Would have put Grosjean ahead of Sainz in there. Despite all the problems with the Haas, he drove that thing like a champ and completely overshadowed his teammate.

DD

Would have put Grosjean ahead of Sainz in there. Despite all the problems with the Haas, he drove that thing like a champ and completely overshadowed his teammate.

His teammate was Gutierror, ffs...
Perez should be higher, tho.

Business

As for GRO, I agree overshadowing GUT doesn't mean much.

BOT was disappointing for me this season so I wouldn't put it him a top 10 either.

AUTOSPORT'S 2016 TEAM BOSS'S TOP 10

1 Lewis Hamilton, 234 points (No change)
2 Max Verstappen, 183 (Up two places)
3 Nico Rosberg, 176 (No change)
4 Daniel Ricciardo, 133 (Up five)
5 Sebastian Vettel, 90 (Down three)
6 Fernando Alonso, 67 (No change)
7 Kimi Raikkonen, 61 (Up three)
8 Sergio Perez, 52 (No change)
9 Valtteri Bottas, 26 (Down two)
10 Carlos Sainz Jr, 25 (New entry)

WHO VOTED

Toto Wolff, Mercedes
Christian Horner, Red Bull
Maurizio Arrivabene, Ferrari
Vijay Mallya, Force India
Claire Williams, Williams
Eric Boullier, McLaren
Franz Tost, Toro Rosso
Gunther Steiner, Haas
Fred Vasseur, Renault
Monisha Kaltenborn, Sauber
Dave Ryan, Manor

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127328/team-bosses-name-hamilton-2016-best-driver

Apart from Vettel being ahead of Kimi, this is pretty accurate.

Actually, Rosberg could go a couple of spots down for choking under pressure few times

As for GRO, I agree overshadowing GUT doesn't mean much.

BOT was disappointing for me this season so I wouldn't put it him a top 10 either.

I don't think it was Bottas fault that Williams car was complete trash this year. Not to mention that together with Ferrari they continue to make the most idiotic strategic decisions.

Business

I don't think it was Bottas fault that Williams car was complete trash this year. Not to mention that together with Ferrari they continue to make the most idiotic strategic decisions.

Of course, but in my opinion he should have dominated Massa more clearly. Taking a better look I may have to put him 11th though :p

edit: I see the numbers and its 17-4 for Bottas in the qualy head to head, so I had the wrong impression.

DBT85

German champ in a German car and the German gp is not on the calendar next year! Looks like Brazil is provisional too.

Fox Mulder

German champ in a German car and the German gp is not on the calendar next year! Looks like Brazil is provisional too.

i guess mercedes doesnt care to prop one up in germany either. Redbull bought a track and renovated it.

wonder what we get as replacements. Malaysia is gone in 2018, and maybe singapore too.

I don't think ticket sales would be a problem for a GP at the Nürburgring, Spa was packed with Dutch fans and the ring is the same distance.

Lima

Hockenheim won't be missed, because new track layout suck major balls

Basically.

I like the Nürburgring GP but after the total fuckery that happened over the last years regarding ownership of that track it's hard to see F1 returning to it soon.

Scotch

Time for Zandvoort to make its triumphant return, with help from a certain Dutch beer brewer!

Only half kidding

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
LOL.. trust me.. next year's Ferrari will... ah fuck it.. they'll suck..

2017 is definitely going to be Ferrari's year...

In GP2:
14596857_660188777483241_93748918344482816_n.jpg

15253165_671922619633836_3510362429848551424_n.jpg

This smells of deja vu. The regs are even less aero focused next year so either their engine leap frogs everybody else or they're stuck in the same place.

Newey didn't comeback licking his chops because of there being less focus on the aero.

There is a lot more freedom in the architecture of the bodywork and the aerodynamics we can apply. There’s a lot more freedom.

Aero will be king.

Early season pecking order prediction:

McLaren
Red Bull
Mercedes
Toro Rosso
Ferrari
Williams
Renault
Force India
HAAS
Renamed Manor
Sauber

Fox Mulder

Newey didn't comeback licking his chops because of there being less focus on the aero.

Aero will be king.

Early season pecking order prediction:

McLaren
Red Bull
Mercedes
Toro Rosso
Ferrari
Williams
Renault
Force India
HAAS
Renamed Manor
Sauber

I'd put redbull and Mercedes at the top, the Mercs arent stupid with aero and will be fine.

I would love to see Toro Rosso do well with the Renault engine. Revenge of Kyvat.

Did you see the TV ratings for last race? They were actually pretty damn good. I really don't why you just keep on claiming that no one cares about Rosberg...

Last German races I went to, no-one gave a shit about Rosberg or Vettel. Mercedes and Ferrari were very popular though, and Hamilton had a boatload of fans.

Aiii

So not worth it
Still not entirely fair, because Vettel has a German hometown, Nico grew up in Monaco.

Maybe they can rename it Monico for the occasion.

Top Bottom