• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

DBT85

Did lewis kill your dog Zek?
C5WVml8WQAAY3JK.jpg

Zeknurn

Did lewis kill your dog Zek?

Not that I know of.

If Rosberg and Hamilton who were great friends beforehand couldn't stay friends during their three years as team mates, why would Bottas and Hamilton be able to do it? I don't think any driving pairing on the grid would be able to do it if they were in a championship winning car.

Somehow I completely forgot that Wehrlein joined Sauber.

Ferrari fans only have themselves to blame. It's never going to happen guys.

But how? I know exactly what to expect from them and how is it my fault that they can't get their shit together? :(

That's smart!

And yes, I'm fully expecting a stepped nose, shark fin the size of Italy and the biggest penis nose known to man and then it's still gonna be slow as fuck.

hqdefault.jpg

DBT85

Deleted pic as its already below!

Eh, the Renault it's still my favorite looking car.

It was not about Renault. :(

Ahh. The perennial disappointment of Arsenal fans as they once again realise that the board don't want trophies, they just want money, and 4th does quite nicely.

Not that I know of.

If Rosberg and Hamilton who were great friends beforehand couldn't stay friends during their three years as team mates, why would Bottas and Hamilton be able to do it? I don't think any driving pairing on the grid would be able to do it if they were in a championship winning car.

Eh, Nico had spent his entire racing career being dominated by Lewis and it was clearly getting to him with some of the moves he started pulling. As I said at the time, Nico never looked like a ruthless driver like Nando or Lewis or even Danny or Max do. He only ever looked like a driver trying to be ruthless.

Bottas has never really been in a car that could move forward so he's not had that chance yet. But with no existing friendship to hold on to they can just do what they want and there will be a lot less press stuff about them trying to murder each other because of it. On top of it all, I think Bottas is as cool as a cucumber and will deal with it in his stride.

Those sidepods are almost nothing. No idea how they are going to keep it cool enough with the report the 2017 engine requires more cooling.

Juicy Bob

Listening to Toto Wolff talk in the press office now.

Apparently, only 17% of the components from last year's car were carried over to this year's model.

They reckon cars will be on full throttle for 10% more of the lap this year too.

DBT85

Yep, on throttle earlier, off later and some corners that needed a small lift will now be flat.

Who you there for Bob?

John_B

I feel excited for this season, but it seems unlikely anyone simply has caught up to Mercedes without some ingenious solution. The Mercedes workflow is brutally efficient and even Toto is downplaying the new car by referring to Brawn back in 2009.

Can Red Bull deliver a challenger? Maybe Newey gained some special powers designing boats.

DBT85

This means more fuel saving measures, I fear. :p

They are now having 105kg of fuel to use, and most teams at most races late year were starting with under 100kg.

In large part I think any fuel saving stuff last year was down to short fuelling more than anything, but we don't get fuel numbers so we can't know for sure.

Only way to stop that would be to mandate a minimum load as well, which punishes anyone with an efficient engine.

Though this season the cars have to deal with higher loadings and more weight to shift around, while also using only 4 PUs, do if they can do it they'll be turning engines down anyway.

Danielsan

I feel excited for this season, but it seems unlikely anyone simply has caught up to Mercedes without some ingenious solution. The Mercedes workflow is brutally efficient and even Toto is downplaying the new car by referring to Brawn back in 2009.

Can Red Bull deliver a challenger? Maybe Newey gained some special powers designing boats.
I think it's likely that Red Bull will have a car design that is on par with, or may even have a slight edge over the Merc, but the Renault engine will let them down in closing the gap. I know Renault is said to have made good progress, but good won't cut it when Mercedes may have gotten equal or bigger performance gains on the engine. It will just be the same old shit then with the Mercs sand bagging a bit just to present the illusion of a challenge, and turning the engine up when needed. At that point you can only pray for a very rainy season.

Jezbollah

Listening to Toto Wolff talk in the press office now.

Apparently, only 17% of the components from last year's car were carried over to this year's model.

They reckon cars will be on full throttle for 10% more of the lap this year too.

So jelly.

That Mercedes looks proper as FUCK.

The question on the f1technical forum is, if its actually of use why show it this early.

Watch Ferrari have one tomorrow because of this, and when Australia comes Mercedes their baby wing will be gone, whilst Ferrari is gonna be struggling for the next couple of weeks to try and understand it.

NHale

Can't wait for Ferrari to dominate the winter testing leaderboards while Mercedes stay 0.8 secs off the pace. If this doesn't happen I don't know if I believe the Earth is round anymore.

Top Bottom