• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

DBT85

Just like the Sauber comparison, the Merc one makes last years car look like a lower formula by comparison.
C5XSGRLXAAAwToD.jpg

AndyD

aka andydumi
With these wide rears and low flat fronts they are very nice looking cars in general. Only thing I'd like to see gone is the top fins and the front side cascades which are getting ridiculous.

Christ that Merc is looking sharp. Ugh, I have this sneaking suspicion that some how Merc are going to dominate by the biggest margins ever this season. Come on Red Bull! (I am a Ferrari fan but I know better than to expect anything but another garbage car where three races in they abandon it and focus on next year's car)

Cars are looking great so far but the helmets are all looking shitty and for whatever reason using the same color pallet. Why do so many helmets look like they were painted at the airbrush t-shirt tent at a county fair?

Wow, to really emphasize how small the Merc rear end is.
ZgbWhtBl.jpg

Not since a stallion tried to fuck a donkey has there been so much horsepower crammed into such a tiny ass.

BigAl1992

Dammmnnnnnn, the rear on that merc is tiny. That said, they better hope they got cooling for the engine locked down, otherwise I don't see that engine surviving several races.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mercedes looks beastly. Also, they have EQ Power+ in the name
The name EQ stands for ”Electric Intelligence" and is derived from the Mercedes-Benz brand values of ”Emotion and Intelligence". EQ aims to make electric mobility simple, comfortable, safe and accessible for everybody.

From the forthcoming facelift of the S-Class, all future Mercedes-Benz Plug-In Hybrids will carry the designation ”EQ Power". And the launch of the F1 W08 EQ Power+ makes the new F1 car the first Mercedes-AMG Hybrid to receive the ”EQ Power+" designation, which will be used on all future Mercedes-AMG performance hybrids.

The new model designation has been translated graphically into the livery of the new W08, with an electric blue visual representation of the airflow across the car running from the front wing to trailing edge of the sidepods. This distinctive signature derives from the electro-look of the Concept EQ unveiled last year.

MimiMe

A fascinating time year by year.
I look at the pictures and see amazing bodywork. That's it.

After reading a few posts and articles I ask myself if I am blind or just don't have a clue.
:p

AndyD

aka andydumi
Dammmnnnnnn, the rear on that merc is tiny. That said, they better hope they got cooling for the engine locked down, otherwise I don't see that engine surviving several races.

They will probably have a few sizes available for the various hot/cool races. We usually see a few changes throughout especially in Abu Dhabi.

Shaneus

Not since a stallion tried to fuck a donkey has there been so much horsepower crammed into such a tiny ass.
Oh shit :lol

Still hanging for the RBR show. Can't believe we still have to wait for it :/ Were they going back to Renault this year, or are they still using their custom revision of it?

DD

Back at that new Formula E car shown some days ago, Lucas Di Grassi said that that's not the final design, and that the final one will be even more aggressive. Oh, and there will be a rear wing too.

Zeknurn

Mastah

Still hanging for the RBR show. Can't believe we still have to wait for it :/ Were they going back to Renault this year, or are they still using their custom revision of it?

Ah, Shaneus, always not knowing anything.

Red Bull use exactly the same power unit as factory Renault team.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
This is just crazy
Craig Scarborough‏@ScarbsTech
I count 3 bits of kit in the mirror pod! Onboard 'driver' camera, gold lense infrared tyre camera & in the hole a tyre thermal sensor

C5Y0SElWMAAtXwi.jpg

DBT85

A McLaren aero guy tweeted to scarbs saying that it was not only Merc that had found the loophole about the T-Wing. So you might see something from them on the matter.

Seems when the new regulations pushed the rear wing back, someone forgot to fill in the 50mm gap that it left.

Uuuuuuh

I have the feeling somebody in Marranello is currently making one out of paper mache before the launch of the car.

MwOuiiTfWfWgM.gif

Haven't you read the rumors? They're switching to 3D printed parts! It's like this technology from the future of 2012 and it's definitely going to beat the RB9.

Give the geniuses in Maranello some credit, old friend.

Zeknurn

I like that both McLaren and Ferrari are revealing their cars on the same day, because that way I can set aside just one day of this week to be disappointed.

Mastah

Another thumb nose. Shows how reliable Italian newspapers are, lol.

Holy shit at these turning vanes and sidepods, though :O

Top Bottom