• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT2| A Dutch Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

the pessimist in me says even if Vettel won in Singapore, the Mercedes power would have been too much to overcome in these final races but it still fucking sucks to lose both cars at the first corner. The damage from Baku and Singapore were both self-inflicted by Vettel while I feel like Hamilton has driven quite well this year and has not really made any mistakes

sad to see such a great Ferrari design go to waste though, would not be surprised if next year is another down year. 07/08 was the last time they produced a great car in back to back seasons
Isn't Vettel's season still better than Hamilton's 2011 season?

Hamilton has an announcement coming up. Looks like something motorcycle related.

Maybe Isle of Man TT or Moto GP?

Limited edition bike, the press release was put out weeks ago.

lf44_f4-990x556.jpg

Dr.Phibes

Most likely this:

Some really poor form from the supporters wanting to see a Mercedes engine blowing chunks out of its exhaust. Suppose it's why I don't mind it when Mercedes dominates. Having to go through those Ferrari years of domination was tough
Why? People just want the standings to be close.

xrnzaaas

OffLiberty

>_>

That's plenty of time to save it to your hard drive and store it or watch it when you feel like it.

By the way Liberty should be thinking about starting some new monthly subscription service offering access to full seasons. F1 has such a rich history and they're not using it at all.

Dr.Phibes

That would be the case if Vettel would have kept his cool some more this season.

Can people please stop the hypothetical Baku bullshit? Pretty please?
We have absolutely no idea how things would have transpired without Vettel losing his mind.
And I can't believe that people still aren't over Vettel doing what everyone else one pole does.

Razgreez

Why? People just want the standings to be close.

The catalyst and cause of the current gap is/was not poor reliability but rather poor judgement on track. I hope the action, mistakes and successes of drivers on track continue to be what dictates the championship - well besides Max, he needs to catch a break. Hamilton's headrest issue was ridiculous enough.

DBT85

We have absolutely no idea how things would have transpired without Vettel losing his mind.
And I can't believe that people still aren't over Vettel doing what everyone else one pole does.

Hypothetical bullshit is suggesting had had Vettel not been a dick, Kvyat might have won the race by 30 seconds.

Had he not been a dick, its extremely likely that he would have won the race. Its not guaranteed, but its very likely.

Had Hamilton not had so many bizarre engine issue last year it's extremely likely he would have won the championship. Its not hypothetical bullshit, its looking at the ifs and extrapolating fairly basic conclusions.

As for "doing what everyone does", in the dry yeah, when you can see what the fuck is going on. It's pissing with rain and you can't see? Sure cut across the track before you even get to the first corner. Whats the worst that could happen?

Dilly

Banned

It's called probability.

M52B28

Banned
Most likely this:
Some really poor form from the supporters wanting to see a Mercedes engine blowing chunks out of its exhaust. Suppose it's why I don't mind it when Mercedes dominates. Having to go through those Ferrari years of domination was tough
I guess people just hate Hamilton for his persona now. I love how he went from nothing to something with his father's initiative.

The shit his dad did is stuff I wish my father would have done.

RSP

Watching the press conference with Max, Seb and Kimi is just horrible. Kimi is just being his normal inaudible self, but Vettel has also turned into a moaning and groaning lump of meat behind a microphone.

xrnzaaas

Watching the press conference with Max, Seb and Kimi is just horrible. Kimi is just being his normal inaudible self, but Vettel has also turned into a moaning and groaning lump of meat behind a microphone.

and stolen all the bwoahs from Kimi

Dr.Phibes

Hypothetical bullshit is suggesting had had Vettel not been a dick, Kvyat might have won the race by 30 seconds.

Had he not been a dick, its extremely likely that he would have won the race. Its not guaranteed, but its very likely.

As for "doing what everyone does", in the dry yeah, when you can see what the fuck is going on. It's pissing with rain and you can't see? Sure cut across the track before you even get to the first corner. Whats the worst that could happen?

Why is everyone taking Hamilton out of the equation?
We have no idea what would have happened at the restart without the prior incident. And what are the chances of the mechanic fucking up the headrest again? See? Hypothetical bullshit.

Regarding Singapore: What options did Dickbag have? Stay in the middle and lose 2 or 3 positions on a street circuit?

spuckthew

Although I'd take most Asian weather forecasts with a pinch of salt due to the climate (it basically rains all the time - it's when it rains that's important), "wet" in Malaysia in 2017 would mean 5 laps of SC followed by a red flag and then an hour delay.

I don't Hamilton losing in Malaysia if there isn't some outside factor like a first lap crash or a mechanical failure. Will be interested to see if Bottas can hold Vettel off for P2.

RSP

I don't Hamilton losing in Malaysia if there isn't some outside factor like a first lap crash or a mechanical failure. Will be interested to see if Bottas can hold Vettel off for P2.

I don't see Bottas starting in the Top-5 if there is a wet qualifying.

Anybody else find it interesting that Vettel has been more mistake prone this season? I know Hamilton has had some shoddy qualifying when the car didn't agree with the track, but he hasn't had Vettel's mistakes. And the press always talks about how Hamilton can't control himself or is too emotional.

DBT85

Hamilton also uses more fuel, can't conserve tyres and isn't intelligent. Oh the things they've said over the years.

Just makes his success so much sweeter. :)
"He'd be mad to go to leave a legacy team like McLaren for Mercedes..." People acted like he owed McLaren so much. I mean yeah they gave him a shot and didn't test him in a lower team first but still. McLaren wasted his earlier years as well.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Anybody else find it interesting that Vettel has been more mistake prone this season? I know Hamilton has had some shoddy qualifying when the car didn't agree with the track, but he hasn't had Vettel's mistakes. And the press always talks about how Hamilton can't control himself or is too emotional.
British media maybe? I feel like he's treated as a celebrity rather than a sportsman.

Dr.Phibes

Hamilton is a cunt, but so are Vettel and especially Alonso. Must be the mark of a champion.
Seriously though, the last WDC who wasn't a total dick is Mika.

Fox Mulder

Hamilton is a cunt, but so are Vettel and especially Alonso. Must be the mark of a champion.
Seriously though, the last WDC who wasn't a total dick is Mika.

All the champs would be shredded if racing today in social media. Schumacher and Senna oh god.

Razgreez

Could you imagine how whiny Mansell would be if he had access to social media back then? Holy shit I'm now imagining Piquet on Twitter.

The twitter battles between Senna and Prost... would have been glorious. I postulate that the periods between races would have been just as entertaining as the on track action

That's plenty of time to save it to your hard drive and store it or watch it when you feel like it.

By the way Liberty should be thinking about starting some new monthly subscription service offering access to full seasons. F1 has such a rich history and they're not using it at all.

I'd gladly pay a monthly fee to watch back races and live races. Basically just give me something like how MotoGP is set up. Have all my money.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
What about Button?

Button was known in the paddock as “the secret cunt”, I believe.

I don’t think Hamilton is anywhere near the asshole people like to portray him as. He clearly can’t hide his disappointment in the media in the same way some of the others can, but that doesn’t mean he’s a terrible person.

Raikkonen is the biggest cunt of them all and yet he has loads of fans.

Top Bottom