• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT2| A Dutch Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

dubc35

F1 hasn't been on free tv in the US since...ever? I've only been following since 2006ish.

We get a couple GPs on NBC (free) each year: Austin, Montreal, and Mexico City mostly due to the time of the race. Monaco usually gets a tape delay. That said, and covered here ad nauseam, the NBCSN coverage is terrible.

I have a feeling that with Massa possibly retiring and with no other Brazilian on the grid, the same will happen here next year.

Basically the channel F1 was one, Ten, declared bankruptcy a couple of months ago. Now they were likely deliberately driven into bankruptcy by Lachlan Murdoch so he and Newcorp could pick it up on the cheap and integrate it into their pay TV network which has a completely monopoly in Australia and the rest of the F1 rights. Except CBS from America swooped in and purchased Ten out from under them from the receivers and the Murdochs are pissed.

Motogp is also on Ten and likely to go the same way.

Basically the channel F1 was one, Ten, declared bankruptcy a couple of months ago. Now they were likely deliberately driven into bankruptcy by Lachlan Murdoch so he and Newcorp could pick it up on the cheap and integrate it into their pay TV network which has a completely monopoly in Australia and the rest of the F1 rights. Except CBS from America swooped in and purchased Ten out from under them from the receivers and the Murdochs are pissed.

Motogp is also on Ten and likely to go the same way.
Could all of this be reversed once the CBS sale goes through? Aren't there anti-siphoning laws to prevent this?

Mohonky

Formula One just died in Australia. All races bar the AusGP are now on pay TV only including this weekend's which was scheduled to be on Ten.

What? They arent showing it now?

FFS. I'm not paying $50 a month just to watch F1.

In other news, anyone see the video Lewis Hamilton taking Rosanna Tennant for a spin in the AMG GT? Could she flirt any harder? She looked awfully.....hot and bothered by the experience. This coming after Singapore when she jumped in Hams preface car parade car....

Razgreez

What? They arent showing it now?

FFS. I'm not paying $50 a month just to watch F1.

In other news, anyone see the video Lewis Hamilton taking Rosanna Tennant for a spin in the AMG GT? Could she flirt any harder? She looked awfully.....hot and bothered by the experience. This coming after Singapore when she jumped in Hams preface car parade car....

She's likely just one of those individuals who overtly express their excitement e.g.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT2jO4JLEJE - look away from the screen and it sounds rather suspicious XD

Could all of this be reversed once the CBS sale goes through? Aren't there anti-siphoning laws to prevent this?

The anti-siphoning laws only cover the Australian GP and even then they aren't that strictly adhered to. V8s seem to get a pass for only showing half the races when they should be showing all of them on free-to-air and even some Wallaby games aren't shown any more.

The anti-siphoning laws only cover the Australian GP and even then they aren't that strictly adhered to. V8s seem to get a pass for only showing half the races when they should be showing all of them on free-to-air and even some Wallaby games aren't shown any more.
I wonder if the anti-siphoning laws just give the free to air channels the option (but not the obligation) to screen some of this stuff. Will have to look into it.

neoanarch

F1 hasn't been on free tv in the US since...ever? I've only been following since 2006ish.

We get a couple GPs on NBC (free) each year: Austin, Montreal, and Mexico City mostly due to the time of the race. Monaco usually gets a tape delay. That said, and covered here ad nauseam, the NBCSN coverage is terrible.
They're free on Spanish Tv in the US since Checo has been a driver.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Giant soap bubble floating along the track.

That's new.

DK85F8iWAAAbGJ1.jpg:large

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Birthday cake for Verstappen and possibly a penalty for that incident with Palmer. VER wanted to start his quick lap and went to the racing line, but misjudged the incoming PAL.

chadskin

I'm sure the final engine will last this weekend and the next five weeke---oh god.

The prospect of grid penalties potentially deciding the championship could not be more exciting.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm sure the final engine will last this weekend and the next five weeke---oh god.

The prospect of grid penalties potentially deciding the championship could not be more exciting.

Aren’t you allowed 5 per season? So each should be able to handle 4 races. Six is not ideal but not a big deal surely?

Are you allowed to go back to old ones that you’ve refurbed without penalty?

And what’s up with the Mercs - any comments from Nikki or Toto? Seems a circuit that is supposed to suit them.

John_B

It’s four units this season and supposedly three units next season (might be overturned).

If that was Vettel’s race engine then I guess it’s much better it showed problems in FP3 than in qualifying or the race.

Zeknurn

Bottas running the new aero upgrades while Hamilton has reverted to the old parts. Expect one of them to be off pace.
Likely Bottas.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why does Verstappen get signs on the side of the road and I get nothing. It is my birthday too you know, FOM, where is my sign?

Top Bottom