• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT2| A Dutch Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

DD

Button was known in the paddock as ”the secret cunt", I believe.

I don't think Hamilton is anywhere near the asshole people like to portray him as. He clearly can't hide his disappointment in the media in the same way some of the others can, but that doesn't mean he's a terrible person.

Raikkonen is the biggest cunt of them all and yet he has loads of fans.

Oh, I always thought that Jenson was a really nice guy. I'm surprised...

About Lewis, I don't think he's an asshole, but some of his attitudes in the past rubbed me the wrong way, like when he was clashing with Massa every other race and not taking responsibility, and (specially) when he lied about Trully getting in front of him under safety car in 2009 to name a few. But he seems to have grown a lot. I'm certainly rooting for him against Seb, one I used to like but started hating because he whines too much.

DD

I wish more teams would apply Faraday Future dragon racings inverted livery for teammates.

Not the same comcept, but there are some differences betwen the Audis:

images%2Foriginal%2F3328-AudietronFE041right.jpg

images%2Foriginal%2F3334-AudietronFE0466right.jpg

images%2Foriginal%2F3323-AudietronFE04166.jpg

Lewis is still being punished in certain quarters for the all around poor showing he had in 2011.
I think the narrative that came from 2011 is dead in the water now, anyone still hanging onto it is just some anti-fan with an axe to grind.

Oh, I always thought that Jenson was a really nice guy. I'm surprised...

About Lewis, I don't think he's an asshole, but some of his attitudes in the past rubbed me the wrong way, like when he was clashing with Massa every other race and not taking responsibility, and (specially) when he lied about Trully getting in front of him under safety car in 2009 to name a few. But he seems to have grown a lot. I'm certainly rooting for him against Seb, one I used to like but started hating because he whines too much.
In Hamiton's defense Massa can't race wheel to wheel in an intelligent manner to save his life.

Lewis is still being punished in certain quarters for the all around poor showing he had in 2011.
I think the narrative that came from 2011 is dead in the water now, anyone still hanging onto it is just some anti-fan with an axe to grind.
Well the London no show is probably still fresh in people's minds too.

Fox Mulder

Anyone optimistic/expecting Paddy Lowe to pull something out of the bag for Williams next season?

I don't really care either way. They've been mediocre, so improvement should be easy. But Force India has stepped up with exciting young drivers and bang for their buck design, so who cares what Williams does.

DBT85

Mercedes struggling in fp2.

Title race over. Gg Vettel.

The guy who was FIA td, who knows all about what the teams are doing next year who resigned the other day? Will be at Renault in 3 months. Teams not happy lol.

Yen

The head of the FIA's Formula 1 technical department, Marcin Budkowski, has resigned with immediate effect.

Budkowski was regarded as a rising star at the FIA, and a key part of the new generation of heads that, in time, were eventually expected to replace the likes of Charlie Whiting and Jo Bauer.

He has now been placed on three months gardening leave by the FIA.

Budkowski's FIA role gave him extensive access to privileged technical information from teams and engine suppliers, including research and development ideas that are typically run past the FIA before being produced.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132031/fia-f1-technical-chief-resigns

I missed this news. Sky reckon he's moving to Renault in January.

DBT85

Grosgean hit a drain cover that was sticking up. Wiped the rear right out and sent him in to the barrier. So dangerous. About 170mph apparently.

Was on the racing line.

Zeknurn

Drain and manhole covers coming loose seems like it's been a bit too common the last few years. I wonder if they need to look over the welding procedures for every track or move them off the racing line.

In any case it's a good example to why the Halo is necessary.

spuckthew

Merc's pace is bemusing, but I'm optimistic that they just went the wrong way with setup and they'll have it fixed in time for qualifying because there's no way a McHonda, even in Alonso's hands, is genuinely a tenth up around a somewhat power-dependent circuit...not to mention Force India and Renault being within a few tenths as well.

What year is it? This isn't sandbagging, it's a setup issue. Their relative quali pace will likely be their FP3 pace plus a couple tenths in Q3.

Yeah, losing a practice session to the rain has probably set them back as their car is very sensitive to setup. When Ferrari has struggled with setup they've had one of their junior drivers thrashing around on the simulator all night to try to resolve it, I wonder if Merc have something similar going on now.

Dilly

Banned
Just for them to change to quali mapping late in Q2 and be 8 tenths ahead.

Been reading this all season and it hasn't been true this year.

How hard is it to accept the fact that Ferrari have a good car that is more consistent than the Mercedes in general.

Mohonky

Yeah, losing a practice session to the rain has probably set them back as their car is very sensitive to setup. When Ferrari has struggled with setup they've had one of their junior drivers thrashing around on the simulator all night to try to resolve it, I wonder if Merc have something similar going on now.

Very much so.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Yeah it looks like some setup issues at Mercedes, but they will probably resolve them overnight

Mohonky

They had some special talking about the road to singapore where they were talking about what happens between GP's with Mercedes, worth watching to see the logistics that go on in the background and to give you a scale of how massive Mercedes GP squad is.

They work 24/7 on this sort of thing. Its mond boggling, I really would like to see what sort of facilities smaller teams like Sauber or Haas are able to run because I cant imagine they have even half of what the top teams do, it is little wonder the top teams just pull away and those that barely keep their heads above water financially just go backwards.

Zaru

Its a massive oversight if no NDAs were signed as part of his current role.

If he actually gets signed on by an F1 team next year and other teams' designs suspiciously make it into their car, there's gonna be a fucking riot.

Aiii

So not worth it
Its a massive oversight if no NDAs were signed as part of his current role.

Of course he has a NDA, but you can't force a man to completely forget what is in his brain while working on solutions, unless he makes a 1:1 copy, that is hard to rpove.

The reason he only has a three month gardening leave is because that is all you may legally impose.

Razgreez

Been reading this all season and it hasn't been true this year.

How hard is it to accept the fact that Ferrari have a good car that is more consistent than the Mercedes in general.

It's the passive optimism or positive pessimism or... Whichever way you wish to phrase it. Convince yourself that the worst will happen (in this case Mercedes will come back strong) such that should they do so; you would have mitigated potential remorse by psychologically preparing for said situation. And should they not; then you're feeling even fuzzier than had you simply expected them to remain poor.

Sports psychology XD

I'm sat having a drink with one of liberty's on demand / streaming top bods. :D

They're complaining about Verstappen fans screwing with their load balancing / scaling.

XD

Top Bottom