• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT2| A Dutch Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
montmelo-spain-13th-may-2017-jos-verstappen-during-the-third-practice-j4ebcj.jpg
39txUIA.jpg

Haha, best thing I’ve seen today

SilentRob

One car was on the racing line, another wasn't. The car that wasn't was the red car.

If you don't hear of any penalties for Stroll that will tell you exactly what race direction thought.

There is no racing line after the race is finished...every car overtakes and drives next to every other car.

Razgreez

I think that they will fine tune the update and it will work in Suzuka. Plus they can fly in new parts.

If only things were so simple. The Ferrari chassis is fundamentally better and therefore faster. Mercedes has been plugging holes and flying in parts all season long but core development concept is, post pseudo-FRIC, worse so the shift in performance was inevitable

They don't even have energy left to stand up on the podium, damn.

Mercedes as a team is a bit odd in that it'll have lost both 2 of its home races. Both constructor and signature sponsor.

Gonna miss this place.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
There is no racing line after the race is finished...every car overtakes and drives next to every other car.

Regardless, Stroll was ahead and Vettel looks to have driven across him from behind where he had a perfect view of where that Williams was.

Ty4on

They don't even have energy left to stand up on the podium, damn.

Mercedes as a team is a bit odd in that it'll have lost both 2 of its home races. Both constructor and signature sponsor.

Gonna miss this place.

2017 G-forces in Malaysian heat and humidity

SilentRob

In that case, Seb has no reason to complain.

Regardless, Stroll was ahead and Vettel looks to have driven across him from behind where he had a perfect view of where that Williams was.

I mean, I'm just not sure what you guys are talking about. Just look at any other car after the race has finished. Hamilton drove next to Verstappen and waved at him. Stroll moved without looking. It's that simple. You don't have to stay behind another car after the race has finished, because you expect the other drive to look where he goes. Vettel did 100% exactly what every other driver has done for years after every race.

Mau5

Looked like Stroll went to pick up rubber and didn't see Seb. But then it almost looks like Seb cuts him off. idk I need to see another angle but looks like Stroll's fault.

Elros

I still thinks that Raikkonen would have won this race.
Same ... And to go further, if Vettel's car hadn't broken down in quali, I think it would have been a 1-2 for Ferrari. But shit happens.

Let's hope 2018 gives us a good 3-teams fight for the championship ! Maybe 4 with McLaren, who knows ?

Orbis

I'll take 2nd for Lewis. Good race, Max did a great job and Vettel did an incredible job getting as far as he did, starting from the back.

I can't really judge that Vettel-Stroll incident based one one camera angle. Ferrari repair bill for the past 2 races would be a sight to behold though.

I'll take 2nd for Lewis. Good race, Max did a great job and Vettel did an incredible job getting as far as he did, starting from the pits.

I can't really judge that Vettel-Stroll incident based one one camera angle. Ferrari repair bill for the past 2 races would be a sight to behold though.

I'd love to know how much it costs to repair the damage.

I just put on the sky f1 stream thinking I've got an hour before the race starts, thought it started at 1pm uk time, only realised 10 mins in that the race is over lol. Happy Verstappen got the win and another podium for Ricciardo, would love to see Red Bull in contention for a championship just because I'd like to see both their drivers, who I really like, compete for one.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
See that's why I wanted another angle. Looks like a pretty straightforward pass by Vettel, Stroll just wasn't paying attention and was drifting to the right. 100% Stroll. Shame too because he had a good result.

Since it was after the race ended, I think any penalty won't affect his position. Maybe a grid penalty for the next race.

Jezbollah

Tobi Grüner 🏁‏Verified account @tgruener 26s26 seconds ago

No further action on the Vettel/Stroll incident during the slow-down-lap. #AMuS

Orbis

Since it was after the race ended, I think any penalty won't affect his position. Maybe a grid penalty for the next race.
I was thinking more a shame that he's soured his entire weekend with that mistake, like you say his result is probably safe but he'll probably be penalised next race.
Tobi Grüner ��‏Verified account @tgruener 26s26 seconds ago

No further action on the Vettel/Stroll incident during the slow-down-lap. #AMuS
Oh. Well they can see more that we can, and have data. I guess that's that.
I just put on the sky f1 stream thinking I've got an hour before the race starts, thought it started at 1pm uk time, only realised 10 mins in that the race is over lol. Happy Verstappen got the win and another podium for Ricciardo, would love to see Red Bull in contention for a championship just because I'd like to see both their drivers, who I really like, compete for one.
I only realised it was 8am late last night, thought it was 10 so I could watch it at work again like yesterday. Had to watch half of it at home then listen to the rest on 5 Live while I drove in. Agreed on RBR fighting for a title, I would honestly be happy with either a Max or Danny WDC.

Top Bottom