• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT2| A Dutch Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

John_B

Hamilton is 34 points ahead of Vettel but the Ferrari looks insanely strong and the Mercedes looks more of a question mark.

Bottas is 59 points behind Hamilton and 25 points behind Vettel. He is not out yet but his form continues to be poor.

It’s still very much on considering that Red Bull is there to meddle at the front. I would say that Vettel is the favorite to score most points in the last five races, but will it be enough with the current gap?

SgtCobra

Oh God they're gonna talk about this race for the rest of the year here in The Netherlands as if he's won the whole championship aren't they...

SgtCobra

Exposing yourself to Dutch television sounds like a bad time in general. Not sure why you'd bother.
Touché
laugh.gif

I mean, which other race are we going to talk about? He finished like 4 of them ;)
Heh that's true, but they're gonna overhype him like like he's the savior of the sport, they're already calling him the next Senna or Schumacher lol

Jack Plooy is much much worse.

Strange guy he is, before coming pit-reporter he was a dentist, lol.

But I have to defend Olav Mol a bit, he isn't a bad commentator. Also when looking at Kai Ebel and those other clowns at German RTL Television, you 'll have to admit the Dutch F1 crew isn't that bad.

Aiii

So not worth it

But I have to defend Olav Mol a bit, he isn't a bad commentator. Also when looking at Kai Ebel and those other clowns at German RTL Television, you 'll have to admit the Dutch F1 crew isn't that bad.

No, they are not bad, they are terrible. Even if Kai Ebel is bad, that does not somehow redeem Ziggo.

Dr.Phibes

I'm really glad I switched to Sky Germany a few years ago.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Hamilton is 34 points ahead of Vettel but the Ferrari looks insanely strong and the Mercedes looks more of a question mark.

Bottas is 59 points behind Hamilton and 25 points behind Vettel. He is not out yet but his form continues to be poor.

It's still very much on considering that Red Bull is there to meddle at the front. I would say that Vettel is the favorite to score most points in the last five races, but will it be enough with the current gap?
Well, everybody expected Ferrari to be strong in Singapore and close in Malaysia. It depends if and what will Mercedes do with botched upgrade. Colder weather in Suzuka should help them. Looks like Lewis had battery issues for the whole race today.

Plus there is reliability factor that will kick in for both teams. Ferrari is already on penalty parts, so if VET loses another component, he is back to the grid. Mercedes still has one spare part before they reach penalty zone.

And we should scrap Bottas from title race, unless VET and HAM have a DNF on next two races.

If Vettel wins every race from here on: 372
If Hamilton comes 2nd every race from here on: 371

Quite clearly strolls fault.

What even happens in this situation? The race is over....is Vettel the only one who will get penalized (assuming he needs to change gearboxes) or will stroll also get something?
No further action according to Formula1.com

hamchan

Was too busy watching another sporting thing but seeing the Vettel “driver of the day” in front of his crashed car image on reddit made me laugh and made me think I missed a good race.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I tune out after the race ends. No need to check out the post-race show on Ziggo lol.

I should check if the supermarket that sponsors Max has a freebie giveaway.

Hopefully Jos doesn't hit his new girlfriend.

Zaru

If Vettel wins every race from here on: 372
If Hamilton comes 2nd every race from here on: 371

I'm starting to wonder if pace even matters anymore. Ferrari was gifted two off weekends by Mercedes in a row and somehow ended up losing a massive amount of points through crashes and reliability. Makes you wonder when the karma pendulum will swing back the other way.

JDB

Banned
I watch the Ziggo interviews after the race sometimes, that's the extend of my exposure to them thankfully.

RSP

Ziggo gives me all F1 races, and decent analysis (Doornbosch) throughout the season, and is not interrupted by commercials.

I'll just bear with Mol, Plooij and Kamphues for a bit. It really is 't that bad.

JDB

Banned
Ziggo gives me all F1 races, and decent analysis (Doornbosch) throughout the season, and is not interrupted by commercials.

I'll just bear with Mol, Plooij and Kamphues for a bit. It really is 't that bad.
Yeah I think during and around the race it's generally alright. People also give Sky a lot of shit but as someone relatively new to F1 (well, a big hiatus) I enjoy them quite a lot.

Yeah just some hyperbole bullshit.

And Verstappen is a huge talent. It's not just the Dutch people who think he is a future champion for years to come.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Yeah they can keep him as a reserve driver and then as a test driver. At least two more win opportunities for Max. :)

More than that. There’s wheel off, wheel on, gun, jack and lollipop to go through. Then the person who holds the microphone next to the driver during interviews.

Don’t underestimate Kvyatt’s ability to be relegated.

DBT85

RBR are Vettel's only hope in this championship.
He could do with them doing him a favour or two, but if Merc don't pull their finger out Ferrari will win it because they've got the better car and have developed it better.

Merc should have been strong today on a track with long ass straights and fast sweeping corners.

Aiii

So not worth it
I do not understand how fanboost is still a thing. The same guys always win and it is completely unnescarry since there is close racing regardless. It just gives an unfair advantage.

Top Bottom