• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken first hour of gameplay leaked

drganon

wow i didnt know correcting honest mistakes is stupid now? so your the type of person that hates people correcting mistakes?
Go cry to someone who cares. Next time you feel like being an annoying console warrior, take five seconds to get your facts right.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Being some of examples of it doesn't make up for an excuse.

Like come on, do you two really see that video on the twitter post I linked before and think to yourselves "yeah this gameplay's fire".

Also yes, imo being able to do any of the shit you posted is a flaw in the design.

I'm a centrist, myself. I think is playing like he had a "special," accident with heavy farming equipment as a child, but I also think the enemy A.I. was probably the dumbass operating the farm equipment.

So in my delusional world, your opinion isn't fact and the game hasn't released yet.........That's what you consider a delusional world.....
Bro, are you ok? lol 😂
tenor.gif

Doom85

Bro, are you ok? lol 😂

Probably not, especially since this:

I told people this game will be shit and they were defending it with their life. Hilarious.

came the fuck out of nowhere. Who are these so-called people that were “defending it with their life”? Random comment was random. Really, the response to Elder Legend should have been:

Jim Carrey What GIF

shubik

Skipped through the video and it really looks rough. The dialog is borderline cringe and besides some nice character models everything else looks rather bland. Animation is also stiff.

I will still wait until the reviews drop but I don’t think I can force myself to play a story driven game with such bad writing.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Metacritic about to be 67
If your 67 is the over/under, I'm going to take the over at the low 70s! I'm going to say 72-73. I didn't play the demo and can only go off on videos and forums, but I think this game will get some virtue signaling brownie points based off the lead character being an empowering symbol.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Souls and Dragon Dogma are dumb comparisons anyway, it's like saying spiderman is bad design because enemies aren't as mobile or large.
I was just trying to prove the point that even games praised for their combat systems have cheese in them.

Crayon

I gave the demo a shot and the game is on the weak side. Some of it actually felt amateurish. At least it's a little different, though. The magic combat is sort of in between shooter and melee and I think a lot of people will end up liking that.

GymWolf

Gold Member
If your 67 is the over/under, I'm going to take the over at the low 70s! I'm going to say 72-73. I didn't play the demo and can only go off on videos and forums, but I think this game will get some virtue signaling brownie points based off the lead character being an empowering symbol.
Not for this one, the cuckoos are already tearing it apart because:

Black lead and the game start in a court showing his problems with the law
She is forced to steal by a gang (not sure what mental gymnastic they do to find this a racist thing but whatever)
No black writer

And in the past they were pissed with the director because he said that the real life actress had a hip hoppy kind of walk whatever that means.

They are mad at square for how they treat black character or the lack of them like in ff16.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Not for this one, the cuckoos are already tearing it apart because:

Black lead and the game start in a court showing his problems with the law
She is forced to steal by a gang (not sure what mental gymnastic they do to find this a racist thing but whatever)
No black writer

And in the past they were pissed with the director because he said that the real life actress had a hip hoppy kind of walk whatever that means.

They are mad at square for how they treat black character or the lack of them like in ff16.
The FFXVI lack of diversity BS has already been forgotten. Problem with Forspoken is Square tried to pander to the woke mob and now they're going to get punished for playing that game.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Skipped through the video and it really looks rough. The dialog is borderline cringe and besides some nice character models everything else looks rather bland. Animation is also stiff.

I will still wait until the reviews drop but I don’t think I can force myself to play a story driven game with such bad writing.
The character is too chatty?!!!! What a fucking crime. Excuse me video game for having a character with personality?! How could that be.
It’s not a custom character game. You play as her. A new fish out of water character.
Not sure about you but Inwould be saying things just as her if I was dragged into magic out of New York lol.

We don’t see story and character development in the demo.
Having some personality is what gaming needs. Everything is so safe and aged nowadays. Maybe that’s because I am only 33 and not 60. You all sound 60 :p

shubik

The character is too chatty?!!!! What a fucking crime. Excuse me video game for having a character with personality?! How could that be.
It’s not a custom character game. You play as her. A new fish out of water character.
Not sure about you but Inwould be saying things just as her if I was dragged into magic out of New York lol.

We don’t see story and character development in the demo.
Having some personality is what gaming needs. Everything is so safe and aged nowadays. Maybe that’s because I am only 33 and not 60. You all sound 60 :p
You should read again what I wrote. I didn’t complain that she was chatty. I said the dialogue itself is cringe and simply bad. How does that make me sound 60?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
You should read again what I wrote. I didn’t complain that she was chatty. I said the dialogue itself is cringe and simply bad. How does that make me sound 60?
It is what it is. The character that got dragged into magic is a young girl. She is not a college professor lol.
It’s fine that it’s cringy. At least is different a bit maybe

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am amazed how triggered many of you are by this game. Not a great look tbh.

If you don't like it - just move on and play something else.
Looks like another tlou2. People already made up their minds without playing.

Will I was excited for Callisto and it’s the worst game I’ve played last year.. And it has good reviews so who knows anymore

Last edited:

Fabieter

Looks like another tlou2. People already made up their minds without playing.

Will I was excited for Callisto and it’s the worst game I’ve played last year.. And it has good reviews so who knows anymore

Regret getting calisto day one. Forspoken is really solid.

Take your twitter level hot takes back to twitter.
The FFXVI lack of diversity BS has already been forgotten. Problem with Forspoken is Square tried to pander to the woke mob and now they're going to get punished for playing that game.

Trash comment. So having a black female as the protagonist of a new IP makes it woke, and now SE should be punished? Ridiculous....

Also, I'm willing to bet that a good 50-60% of people on the hate train for this game believe that crap.

Teslerum

Putting a black female lead = “pandering to the woke mob”?

Whether problems this game has, I don’t think ‘wokeism’ is part of it.
Trash comment. So having a black female as the protagonist of a new IP makes it woke, and now SE should be punished? Ridiculous....

Also, I'm willing to bet that a good 50-60% of people on the hate train for this game believe that crap.
There's some hints at wokeism, but in any case anyone at SQE developing the game doesn't have much to do with it.

If its in there its because they hired western writers. Some who are known to be more on the woke side. Garry Whitta for example
(Who wrote that Batman comic where he refused to protect stores from being raided during BLM because *It's not his job to protect their profit margins* for example)

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member

GTFOH....so people who think the game is garbage because they played the demo think so because the main character is a black female? Go back to era with that shit, bluehair

GTFOH....so people who think the game is garbage because they played the demo think so because the main character is a black female? Go back to era with that shit, bluehair

How about actually reading the post I was responding to instead of having toddler tantrum and name calling like a child. That user said nothing about playing the demo. I have full respect for someone who does that and happens to not like the game.......but that clearly was not the case. Chill out and come back when you have something intelligent to say.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
How about actually reading the post I was responding to instead of having toddler tantrum and name calling like a child. That user said nothing about playing the demo. I have full respect for someone who does that and happens to not like the game.......but that clearly was not the case. Chill out and come back when you have something intelligent to say.

"Also, I'm willing to bet that a good 50-60% of people on the hate train for this game believe that crap."

Is that not what you said? "That crap" meaning having a black lead is woke. Yeah...go back to era where that mentality is celebrated.

"Also, I'm willing to bet that a good 50-60% of people on the hate train for this game believe that crap."

Is that not what you said? "That crap" meaning having a black lead is woke. Yeah...go back to era where that mentality is celebrated.

Complete reading comprehension failure. I said come back with something intelligent and you failed. Good job champ. Not gonna waste anymore time so to the ignore list you go.

Brock2621

Am I allowed to ask for a mirror on here? I can’t remember what the rules are. If anyone could repost or DM me I might take a gander. Was busy working when this story broke

What the fuck is even going on in here right now?

tamar braxton child GIF

Apparently I'm a undercover era poster on a mission to impose extreme left ideologies on everyone. Pretty sure anyone with reading comprehension skills and smart enough to look at my post history would know better but anyway....

Last edited:
Top Bottom